• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. xlaurax

Knowing when it's time to let nature take its course?

Hi everyone Bluebell has been quite poorly this year. In April/May she developed pneumonia and after a lot of medication eventually she got better. When the weather cooled down she started with the quickened breathing again. Took her to the vets a couple of weeks ago, who gave her a course...
  2. xlaurax

New to indoor and I'm scared I'm doing something wrong!

So after 8.5 years outside the rabbits have had to come inside recently due to Bluebell's health (see my other posts for back story). Anyway I have them in the dining area of the kitchen / diner. They're far away from the oven and hob etc. I'm concerned about a few things: 1. Cleaning. I use...
  3. xlaurax

PLEASE HELP. Outdoor to indoor. Chest infection.

Hi gang I'm hoping someone could give me a bit of advice as the vet has advised we move Bluebell inside. She had pneumonia earlier in the year (has since recovered) but she's now got a chest infection. Antibiotics have been prescribed but the vet says she must move inside. I'm worried about...
  4. xlaurax

Potential broken leg ***Update post #27***

I feel truly dreadful. Picked Bluebell up yesterday (anyone who has seen my recent threads knows she's has a rough time recently) for the first time in the 7.5 years I've had her, she leapt out of my arms. It was such a shock. She landed on concrete. She's now limping on one front paw. Took...
  5. xlaurax

I think Blue may have arthritis UPDATE POST 6 - we thought we'd lost her

My poor big girl :( she's never been the most graceful rabbit but over the past few months she's definitly got clumsier. Today she had a moment where she fell over and then was walking with her back legs rather than hopping. It passed after about 20 minutes but she's not comfortable. I can tell...
  6. xlaurax

Buttercup fears - help please

Hi guys I'm really worried to have noticed how many buttercup leaves are on our garden, having had the rabbits on there for months. We have only lived here since September so this is their first real summer on the grass. I've noticed 2 or 3 buttercups which I've got out at the weed, but...
  7. xlaurax

Inconsistent wet nose and inconsistent weepy eye

Hi guys. Me again! Bluebell has come to the end of her 2 week course of abx for pneumonia. We might keep her on the abx for a few days just to make sure she's fully over it. I have a call with the triage nurse today from the vets (I have to speak to them before I'm allowed to speak to a...
  8. xlaurax

When lockdown means you can't get to the vet for a weigh in, we must improvise!

Bramble unimpressed but it worked! https://photos.app.goo.gl/Kr48F6UB2oC4Pr6U7
  9. xlaurax

After 8 years of eating hay all day - they now won't touch it!!

So, my 2 buns (1.5 kg and 1.6 kg respectively) have eaten hay all their lives. Somewhere between 3 and 4 large handfuls a day between them. Therefore, they've always had perfect teeth until they got a bit older (they're 8 yrs) and have had some very mild dental issues - Bramble in particular...
  10. xlaurax

Hay recommendations please (not Hay for Pets)

Hi everyone We've been using Hay for Pets for the last 8 years with no issues whatsoever. My girls have always hoovered up their meadow hay. However the last pack I ordered, no dice! They won't go near it. I know their tastes can change so I'm wondering if anybody has any other...
  11. xlaurax

Advice please - fast breathing - ETA - Update post 32

Hi everyone, hope you're all keeping well and safe at this troubling time. I need some advice about Bluebell. She's 8 years old and has lived with her best friend for all her of life. Over the past few days she's been breathing quicker. It seems to be the same no matter what, different...
  12. xlaurax

Home and Roost - any good? Recs for outdoor runs

Hi guys Has anyone purchased the runs from H&R? I'm looking at them now and wondering if anyone has experience with them, or can recommend a good company for outdoor runs. Thanks Laura
  13. xlaurax

Weepy eyes four times!

Both of my bunnies have weepy eye. I'm really confused as to how they both have it. Blue had a bout of conjunctivitis a couple of months ago, which cleared up with drops. Now they both have the sticky fur under the eyes. I've cleaned them both up today with cool, boiled water and cotton...
  14. xlaurax

2 male littermates - ideal companions?

Hey guys As some of you may know from previous posts, I'm thinking of introducing another pair to my 2 girls to form a quad. Does anyone have any experience of 2 male littermates becoming a bonded pair? I know there's the chance of fighting before or after neuter but I'm interested to hear...
  15. xlaurax

Finding out who is dominant **EDIT** Further bonding queries

Is it possible for neither bunny in a pair to be dominant? My two girls (both aged eight) have been together all their lives. We are thinking of attempting bonding in a third bunny given their ages, I don't want one of them to end up single. I've started doing some research and it seems...
  16. xlaurax

Advice please - eye drops

Hi guys So Bluebell has a case of conjunctivitis. We've been given some drops and in my haste / stress I forgot to ask how to apply them! 🤦🏻*♀️ dumb moment or what! Stupid question but how do I... put them in? At the top of her eye under the lid? Thanks in advance!
  17. xlaurax

Leaky eyes - conjunctivitis? - UPDATE

Hi guys :wave: I have Bluebell booked in at the vets this Thursday morning with suspected conjunctivitis. She's never had eye issues before but they've been weeping since Saturday. Sticky residue under her eyes too. Eyes look clean and not irritated or red. I've read that conjunctivitis is...
  18. xlaurax

Woodlice, slugs and other garden critters (advice please)

Hi everyone We just moved house and my bunnies are outdoor. They've settled in a treat but I have some concerns about the local critters. There have always been one or two fairly large spiders in the hutch and as much as they scare me, I know they dont bother the bunnies AND they keep the...
  19. xlaurax

Paint

Hi everyone I'm sure this has been asked many times before but what outdoor paints are bunny safe? I'm currently looking at Wilkos and when I was there earlier the staff said they "thought" it was animal safe.... Thanks :)
  20. xlaurax

The age old issue

Hi guys So here we are. I really hate this weather. I have 2 bunnies. They have a heat pad and a fleece lined house in the hutch. The hutch is raised off the ground and is 2 levels. They spend their time upstairs. Loads of hay and straw etc. There's a cover on the hutch to protect from wind...
Back