• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. xlaurax

Knowing when it's time to let nature take its course?

Thank you - I'll ask about the diuretics because I'm definitely keen to make her more comfortable
  2. xlaurax

Hi Jane. Sorry for the late reply, been a bit hectic here with one thing and another. She was prescribed sulfatrim, a two week dose of 0.40 ml twice a day (she weighs 1570g). I had a call with the vets today and they've suggested we do another two week dose of the same. That 'fixed' the...
  3. xlaurax

Hi everyone Bluebell has been quite poorly this year. In April/May she developed pneumonia and after a lot of medication eventually she got better. When the weather cooled down she started with the quickened breathing again. Took her to the vets a couple of weeks ago, who gave her a course...
  4. xlaurax

New to indoor and I'm scared I'm doing something wrong!

Thanks everyone. I feel like it's a bit of a mine field at the moment and I just want to be sure I'm doing what's best
  5. xlaurax

New to indoor and I'm scared I'm doing something wrong!

So after 8.5 years outside the rabbits have had to come inside recently due to Bluebell's health (see my other posts for back story). Anyway I have them in the dining area of the kitchen / diner. They're far away from the oven and hob etc. I'm concerned about a few things: 1. Cleaning. I use...
  6. xlaurax

PLEASE HELP. Outdoor to indoor. Chest infection.

Thank you :) I brought them inside and kept them in the dining room (which leads onto the conservatory) with the outside door open from the conservatory to keep it cooler. They seem fine with the temp at the moment and I'm hoping to adjust them more tomorrow. Thank you both for the advice :love:
  7. xlaurax

Thank you. Yes I can keep them both in I just don't know enough about their temps in terms of how they can get ill from it. I thought the bigger risk was when you put them both outside. Which ofc I can wait until the weather gets warmer. I just didn't know If there's a risk of them getting ill...
  8. xlaurax

Hi gang I'm hoping someone could give me a bit of advice as the vet has advised we move Bluebell inside. She had pneumonia earlier in the year (has since recovered) but she's now got a chest infection. Antibiotics have been prescribed but the vet says she must move inside. I'm worried about...
  9. xlaurax

Potential broken leg ***Update post #27***

I just wanted to provide an update to all the kind people who helped me through this. Bluebell is doing fantastic - you can hardly tell to look at her that she ever had a broken elbow. I just wanted to share something positive rather than always coming on here to ask questions like I normally...
  10. xlaurax

Thanks everyone. She's doing really well considering her predicament. I noticed yesterday she wasn't able to use her left paw (broken one) to clean her face, so her left eye was gunky. I cleaned it up for her. I also noticed every time she tried to hop forward she would fall over...
  11. xlaurax

Firstly - thank you to everyone for your responses. She has had anesthetic and xray with both a rabbit savvy vet and a rabbit orthopedic vet present. Her elbow is fractured, with small amounts of bone floating around in her. They said they could try and operate but there were a few issues...
  12. xlaurax

Thank you everyone. I'm feeling much better at the moment, than I did this morning. She's just eaten 10 large dandelion leaves, a carrot and half a stick of celery. She's also been grazing on pellets. Ideally I'd like to get some hay in her but I'll take anything at the moment! Trying to keep...
  13. xlaurax

Thanks Jane. Yes I've got her in her carry box within a small pen. I just feel truly dreadful. Poor girl. Holly House have us pencilled in for 11.30am tomorrow as their orthopedic surgeon isn't working today. So fingers crossed I can keep her comfortable until then. Not looking forward to the...
  14. xlaurax

I feel truly dreadful. Picked Bluebell up yesterday (anyone who has seen my recent threads knows she's has a rough time recently) for the first time in the 7.5 years I've had her, she leapt out of my arms. It was such a shock. She landed on concrete. She's now limping on one front paw. Took...
  15. xlaurax

I think Blue may have arthritis UPDATE POST 6 - we thought we'd lost her

Thank you. I'll give them a call tomorrow
  16. xlaurax

Her eyes were just 'sad' if that makes sense. She was just really, really upset. She didn't have a seizure. The spasms were involuntary but they were mainly in her back legs and her shoulders. She was able to recognise us and food and was still aware of her surroundings if you know what I...
  17. xlaurax

OK so things took a really bad turn last night. Bluebell lost all co-ordination and couldn't stand or walk. She couldn't lay down properly, was constantly adjusting herself. She wet herself and starting having spasms. I assumed the worst. She was dying. We made her comfortable and waited...
  18. xlaurax

My poor big girl :( she's never been the most graceful rabbit but over the past few months she's definitly got clumsier. Today she had a moment where she fell over and then was walking with her back legs rather than hopping. It passed after about 20 minutes but she's not comfortable. I can tell...
  19. xlaurax

Buttercup fears - help please

Thanks guys. We had a chat last night and decided at the weekend we're going to start by making one safe area, where we'll pull them up by root and so the rabbits can get some outdoor time. We'll then keep working around the garden. I'm pretty sure they're ignoring it as there's a lot of it...
  20. xlaurax

Buttercup fears - help please

Thanks guys. Pulling them up won't be an option because there's just so many of them, it's going to leave the garden completely bare. I think it's actually going to be easier to just get it re-turfed :? what a nightmare!
Back