• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Katie1504

Rehomed: Duke, Looking for a special home. Rehomed

Just looked on the RSPCA website to see that this lovely boy has been rehomed!! I met him when I went to meet another rabbit I was adopting as I needed a female. Duke is lovely and very friendly and I am really pleased he has found a new home...
  2. Katie1504

Building a hutch.

Hello all, This might be in the wrong section but has anyone built their own hutch? Where do you start etc etc? I want to have a go.
  3. Katie1504

Why I love my buns

So people often ask me why rabbits? what is so good about them? Why do you keep buying them? Well here is my story to tell people why.... As I open the shed doors the hinge makes a slight noise. Thats it the door has given it away, the pigs know I am here and boy are they hungry. As I run...
  4. Katie1504

Dual vacs - do now or wait till feb next year? (£38.42 each normal?)

I have just phoned my vet when I got home with this very question..... I have 2 over due because I was on holiday. They said that because they are in a raural environment (at our barn that we have nearly finished converting) I should get them done because they are outside etc. To be honest I...
  5. Katie1504

Rspca

thanks for that. I have sent you a message. It is Duke I was looking at I think. Still really unsure because I dont want Timmy to totally loose his bond with me but I cant spend as much time as I used to with him so I think he needs a friend. Thanks for everyones advice! I am really...
  6. Katie1504

Rspca

The one I am looking at is Macclesfield. They have a pair and they have one rabbit. I would love to have the one on his own he would be perfect with my rabbit timmy but I dont know if I would be able to bond them. I have just e-mailed them.
  7. Katie1504

Rspca

Hello all, Not been on for a while been busy with the wedding and trying to move into our barn. We have nearly done now and nearly moved in. The rabbits have already made it home. We have outside 2 containers that were there from when it was a barn and we arent allowed to take them down yet...
  8. Katie1504

i dont think i could feel any worse....

I didn't think of something else. This is a good point. The door was closed but only the bottom half of it!!!! They are such good friends so I was really suprised! It just really upset me as well after loosing a pig not long ago. I gave him plenty of fuss and sat giving him a cuddle so I...
  9. Katie1504

i dont think i could feel any worse....

I got married 2 weeks ago and of course booked a honeymoon so the rabbits and pigs went on holiday to the I laws at the farm. They have got the exact same set up just in a stable. On the day we were due to fly we lost our first pig. I have since discovered it was mites but I was so upset. We...
  10. Katie1504

The Hay Experts

I had a look last night. Going to place an order as soon as I can!!! What is megazorb?
  11. Katie1504

The Hay Experts

Thanks. Also thanks for the advice. I am going to have a look later but may wait until I can afford a bit more. 7 pigs and 5 rabbits will chew a lot of toys!! :)
  12. Katie1504

The Hay Experts

Hello all. Not been on for a while so I have just been catching up. Lots going on!! Just a quick one really. I have noticed that Hay Expert is mentioned a lot in different areas. I have had a quick look at the website but I am at work at the moment. Is this a good place to buy from? It...
  13. Katie1504

Why Did You Get Your Bunny/ies

Wow.... Some amazing reads. My first bun was timmy. I have only had piggies before. I had been really ill in hospital and we went to pets at home when I got out to get some food etc. I always go and loom at the pets and I looked in the p@h adoption bit and saw.a.really big fluffy rabbit...
  14. Katie1504

Empty hutch wasted space!

Only one of mine does this so every every morning when I feed I'll grad a bit of sawdust and stuff fromm the bottom and put it back in. He pulls it out again but it gives him something to mess about with.
  15. Katie1504

I am fuming!! and REALLY worried!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I never even knew things like this happened! I am really shocked. I am so pleased that they were both there and the OH went to work early. However, I am sure they really enjoyed hopping about say hello to all the other pets. I just cant wait unitl we move to our barn I am building a really...
  16. Katie1504

Nothing last night and all are safe this morning. Really pleased.
  17. Katie1504

Ok.... So I am going to get some padlocks but for now I have cleaned them all out tonight and set all the locks so I will know if they have been messed with. I have also put a chain and lock around the gate and put a bench the other side of it. That is the best I can do tonight but I am...
  18. Katie1504

Ok so some of you may know I have 7 piggies and 5 buns. They live outside all in double hutches and have really been enjoying the sun. I have them in the yard near the back door. (Not ideal but we are renting at the moment). I have been checking on them more with it been hot and making sure...
  19. Katie1504

How many buns do you have?

I have 5 in total... at the moment. 1 I have added all mine vey quickly tho. I got my frist one as a xmas pressi off my OH he fights so he lives on his own, he is called Timmy and was about 6 months old when I got him. He is a lop of some sort. Then in about April I got 2 more rabbits... My...
  20. Katie1504

Feel Horrid

Well I have just got in from work and I feel horrid.... My 2 boys were booked in at the vets today to be done. They had started to fight so I decided it was time to book them in. I couldnt take them because I was at work so my OH took them. I asked him to ask about 2 of my piggies. they...
Back