• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. J

My brave, brave Alfie

My brave little Alfie died peacefully this evening. I could write for hours on him; his quirks, the way he would nip at your ankles to hurry up his dinner, or fall asleep when you stroked his forehead, or even the little bunny on his face. But I'll keep it short, for everyone's sake... Every...
  2. J

Don’t know what to do about Alf.

I’m gutted. He has been sneezing and had weepy eyes for a while, so today he went in for an anaesthetic, skull x ray and possible dental. I didn’t expect the vet to ring so soon, but she managed to do him after I left and it’s not good news :( He has severe dental disease, bone erosion and his...
  3. J

Anyone want a free bag of Supreme Selective?

I wasn't sure where to put this, so if it's in the wrong place mods I apologise! I've been given a 10kg bag of Supreme Selective by a friend but I won't give it to Alf, so it's going begging! It's currently sat in my carport, it's not been opened and I wouldn't want anything for it, BUT as I...
  4. J

Alf has been very poorly - don't know why :(

My poor bunny :( Within the space of 10 minutes he'd gone from alert, responsive and seemingly fine to flat out, barely breathing with really bad diarrhea. Rushed him straight to the vets, was seen almost immediately and they could tell he was not well at all. He was in such a mess underneath...
  5. J

Why is boarding so expensive?!

Going away in just under 3 weeks. Have just booked Alfie in at our vets...at the cost of £12.50 per day :shock: that's £200 for one rabbit! It'll cost less than that to board our two cats elsewhere. Why are there no decent-looking boarders within 20/30 minutes of me? The closest one is 40...
  6. J

It's a special day here...

Alfrid turns 4! :love: There have been several occasions over the past 4 years where I thought he might not make it this far, but I am so pleased he has and, for the first time in a long time, is relatively healthy! I loves him :love: 6 days old - first photo of him! In the nest Teeny tiny...
  7. J

Alfrid!

Look how cute he is :love::love::love: (covered in sawdust after trying to 'help' dad saw...instead, he got in the way!)
  8. J

Vets or not? UD 8/6 more tests, vibes please

I don't know whether I'm just being paranoid, so a bit of advice would be appreciated! He has been on a small but constant weight loss (like 10g at a time, not massive!) for a couple of months, but I weighed him today and he's down to 1290g, which is his lowest weight since late 2011/early...
  9. J

Rabbit boarding in Rutland/Lincs

I'm going away in a couple of months and don't really know what to do with Alfrid. He's a single bun and has normally gone to the vets, which is good in case of illness but it's quite expensive and whilst he does get let out for a run and have a few cuddles, he will spend the majority of time...
  10. J

Alfrid enjoying this lovely weather

Now it's sunny and warm I've been putting Alf out most days in the run. He only goes on the grass for 20 - 30 minutes as it seems to upset his tummy if he's on for longer, but then I'll move the run onto the patio and he'll flop in the sun :love: Showing off his ears...
  11. J

Sudden hay intake decrease

Alfrid has fairly suddenly stopped eating as much hay as he used to - I'd often walk in and see him nomming away, but I hardly ever see him eating it now! He does still eat it, don't get me wrong, but it's definitely not as often or as much quantity-wise as he used to. His poos used to be lovely...
  12. J

Those of you with Mini Lops...

how much do they weigh? :wave: And is there such a thing as an 'ideal weight' for a ML?
  13. J

Bunny-safe glue??

alf has (unsurprisingly :roll:) chewed his hanging tree toy base so the glue that they use to stick the strips of sea grass round it is exposed. Does anyone know whether this would be unsafe for him to ingest? It's the Rosewood boredom breaker tree, with the hanging carrot things on it. TIA :wave:
  14. J

Alfie!

Haven't posted pictures in a while but here's my gorgeous boy :love: Investigating his Christmas pressie... wossat? Does it taste good? Does it? Nah. Eurgh. Nasty. Give me a manicure, human. ATTENSHUN. Hey there. Now that...THAT tastes good. Who can spot his special marking?!
  15. J

Alf's third Gotcha Day!

Three years ago today, I collected the bundle of skin and bones that was my Alfred. He got EC when he was still a baby, which stunted his growth. The breeder kept him until he'd finished his medication and his symptoms had died down, and then we brought him home. He met Rosy Posy, his sister...
  16. J

Happiness is...(rabbit related)

Working in the kitchen and listening to Alfie zoom out of his room, into the hall, (losing traction on the tiles and skidding all over the shop) into the kitchen and then back into his room...and repeating! Your go!
  17. J

Does this look like thinning of the fur?

As title, really :wave: Not the best photo to see, but hopefully it's enough. I've cleaned and dried it, so it's not wet or got medicine on it or anything. I'm just asking because I'm taking him to the vets later as he's been scratching at it a lot, so wondered if he could have scratched it...
  18. J

The one who causes me so much stress...

Despite our never-ending vet visits, insurance claims, expenses, medicating and general stress - I love my Alfie :love: He is so smooshy :love: Showing off the ears that have caused us so many problems!
  19. J

What is 'normal' weight fluctuation, and what is cause for concern?

Now he's indoors, I'm weighing Alfie every week. Last week he lost 17g - not a significant amount in itself obviously and nothing to worry about, but it made me realise that I don't really know how much weight loss is normal. Obviously weight naturally fluctuates a little bit, but what would set...
  20. J

Sad news re Jackaroonie's Flopsy/ UD Keeping him going

Jack does not feel like he can post this, so I am doing it for him. Lovely, gorgeous Flopsy has been deteriorating for a while now. He has been losing weight, mobility and his 'spark'. It has become clear in the regular updates that I get, Flopsy is a very poorly little man. Yesterday something...
Back