• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. T

Bonding two females - chasing

Hi, I am trying to bond two females who have both lost their male partners over the last few months. One is 6 and one is 7. I had them living side by side for almost two weeks. There was a few nose to nose greetings by mainly they just carried on being bunnies. I tried them in a 4ft by 4ft pen...
  2. T

Urgent - Rabbit Vets South Essex

Hi, can anyone recommend a good rabbit vet in South Essex, as my exotic vet who I have used for years has left. Many thanks
  3. T

Rabbit Boarding That Would Take a Bunny with Snuffles

My friend has a bunny with snuffles, does anyone know of any boarder who takes rabbits with this condition in the south east? Many thanks.
  4. T

New Strain of VHD in Brentwood, Essex

Just read on Facebook about a new strain of VHD in Brentwood, an animal sanctuary has lost half it's rabbits in the last month. Anyone else got any more information? :(
  5. T

Dry crusty skin with fur loss

Any ideas what this might be. Dry crusty skin at base of ears and outside of ears with fur loss which has been going on for about two months. Have been to vets and we have tried mite treatment both on skin and injected. Although under microscope no mites have been found. Test has been done for...
  6. T

Grass v Hay and Dental Issues

Hi. I have a seven year old rabbit called Charlie who has to have a molar tooth burred as a spur keeps growing towards his tongue. His first dental was 6 months ago and since then has had another three, each time he goes about a week less than the last. Although he doesn't each much hay he...
  7. T

Depocillin Query

I have to start injecting my rabbit Cuddles with Depocillin. I've been told to inject 0.4ml every other day, her weight is 2.95kg. From my memory a few years back I used to inject 0.32ml every three days for the same weight rabbit. Does 0.4ml every other day seem too much? Vet seemed to be...
  8. T

Orchid Vets, Brentwood, Essex

My normal vet is William at Orchid who I have total confidence in, but he is on holiday. I need to get one of my rabbits to a vet, can anyone recommend a vet in South Essex who I can use until he gets back? Also if treatment is started at a different vets practice can I go back to the Orchid...
  9. T

Feeding Advice for Head Tilt Rabbit

I have a four year old male rabbit called Roger who I took to the vet due to slight head tilt and unsteadiness. He was prescribed Panacur (42 day course), Baytril, Stemitil and had a course of three steroid injections with Metacam to start a few days after. He is eating some hay, veg and...
  10. T

William Lewis Vet

Hi, Does anyone know if William is still working at Orchid Vets, I am still registered at the Wylies, but was thinking about changing to the Orchid but seeing he was only there as a locum I've been holding fire. Many thanks.
  11. T

Vets Basildon, Essex

Hi, Does anyone use Cherrydown Vets in Basildon or Stanford le Hope, if so are they any good? Thanks.
  12. T

Rabbit Boarding in Essex

Has anyone used Little Lodgers Small Pet Boarding in Romford or can recommend anywhere else? Am willing to travel anywhere south of Chelmsford. Many thanks.
  13. T

Confused Bonding

Hi, I have been trying to bond a neutered male and spayed female for the last two weeks, and I'm a bit stumped. After living side by side, I tried them in a neutral 6x6 area and all seemed to be going well, then after a few days some chasing and biting started on the males part, so then tried...
  14. T

No ceocotrophes

Hi, I have a rabbit who for at least 12 hours hasn't produced any ceacotrophes. I know when she produces them because she has hind limb weakness and shuffles backwards to eat them (been watching her all day), there were none left on her bedding overnight which isn't normal. She is producing...
  15. T

Bonding a nervous rabbit

Hi, I'm trying to a bond a very nervous female who has just lost her partner of 6 years with a male. They have been living side by side and mostly ignoring eachother. I have been taking them to neutral territory over the last few days (about 6ft square) building up the time together. Mainly they...
  16. T

Rabbit Savvy Vet, South Essex

Can anyone recommend a good rabbit vet in Essex, I use the Wylie's in Upminster at the moment but the exotic vet there doesn't seem to be around much lately and the other vets aren't very rabbit savvy and I feel like I'm wasting my time. Many thanks.
Back