• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. F

Will she completely recover

I took my little bun Misty to the vets nearly 4 weeks ago now, and she was diagnosed with E Cuniculi (rabbit parasite). This has probably surfaced as a result of her (and my) beautiful husbun Harvey passing away at the end of September. She has never been ill in her life and since Harvey died...
  2. F

Advice on helping remaining rabbit cope

Sadly my georgeous little Harvey passed away yesterday. The vets couldn't seem to get to the bottom of what was wrong with him, and his heart stopped whilst he was with them for more tests yesterday. I am dealing with my own grief, but could do with any tips anyone has for his widowed wifeybun...
  3. F

Really Worried Now

Any advice would be appreciated - don't know what to do for the best! My little Harvey suddenly developed a runny eye and started to go off his food. Took him to the vets on Tuesday, they said he needed a dental, although his teeth weren't overly bad. He went on Wednesday for his dental...
  4. F

Anybody know what this means?

Monday morning my little Harvey was off his food. Very unusual for him as he must be the greediest animal ever! Did'nt even want to know about his cabbage! By Monday evening he was eating again for England! Since then however he is making little grunting noises every time he eats (a bit like...
  5. F

Can spayed rabbits still nest?

Over the past couple of days my female spayed dwarf lop seems to have changed her behavour. She has started weeing outside of her litter tray although not all the time, pulling up their matting as if trying to make a bed, not overly bothered about wanting to come out of their cage (not like her...
  6. F

Just when you think it is all going so well!

To try and make it brief, my two were bonded together last year and initially lived happily together for four months until their bond broke down (her not him) in October and they had to be seperated. I began their rebond in February and they have now been living back together for just over...
  7. F

What does this mean?

I am in the process of trying to re-bond my two. There were happily bonded for 4 months before their bond broke down last October. I started their rebond in January, and so far all is going well - lots of grooming and they have now started laying together. Yesterday however Harvey suddenly...
  8. F

Can One Rabbit actually be so scared of another?

I have two rabbits who were sucessfully bonded for 4 months before the bond broke down. See my previous thread below: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?358971-Fighting-Breaks-Out-Advice-Needed Following my last attempt to rebond them I decided that is was just not going to work...
  9. F

Fighting Breaks Out - Advice Needed

My two dwarf lop rabbits (both neutered) have been happily bonded for four months now. They appeared to be completely in love, always snuggling, grooming etc - until this morning!! All of a sudden a massive fight broke out. She started it with a couple of bites and then it broke into a...
  10. F

What to do about the Humping!

Following my previous posts my two have now been together 24/7 since Saturday night. There has been no fighting or fur pulling. During the day they are happily cuddled up together snoozing away. Night time comes and he spends most of the night chasing her round the cage trying to hump her...
  11. F

Cage Dilema !

My two are ready to move in together! I have two dwarf lops which I have been bonding over the last couple of months. They currently share a room, but each has their own cage which the other one is not allowed in. They still both appear territorial over their own cage, and this is the only...
  12. F

We were doing so well !

I am in the middle of bonding my 1 year old neutered dwarf lop male, and a 5 month old spayed dwarf lop female. They share a room, but each have their own cage. They have been having daily dates for the past two weeks in their own room (which has'nt been a problem), and although it was'nt love...
  13. F

Moody Jumpy Bun

I have a one year old male neutered dwarf lop. In January I bought him a wifey bun (a baby female dwarf lop). Since we bought her they have been in the same room in seperate cages. He seems quite besotted with her, and stands looking at her, lays outside her cage etc - and she does the same...
  14. F

Trying to bond Baby and Adult

I am currently trying to bond two dwarf lops together. My 1 year old neutered male, and a 13 week unspayed female. As my male is reasonably shy I was worried about how he would take to a friend. He appears however to love her! He goes all doey eyed and floppy and can't stop looking at her...
Back