• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. K

Baby rexes!

A couple of weeks before Christmas I took in a pair of rabbits from a Facebook ad. I managed to arrange to collect them on the Saturday night and bought them home, we left the girl's nest as intact as possible inside the indoor cage they were in and separated them On Tuesday morning she...
  2. K

Vet recommendation needed for north Leicestershire

For a user on a Facebook group I'm on - 'North west Leicestershire, nearest towns Ashby De la zouch and Burton upon trent. But she's not normally too bad with travelling if we need to.' Bunny has mammary lumps and vet told her to just keep an eye on it!!
  3. K

What's the password?

No entry to Toby's den without it! Not interested in the f1 Being given a questionable hairdo https://vimeo.com/138441802
  4. K

Toby's amputation

Toby had his amputation on Wednesday and has come home today. He's already demolished a pile of forage and moved onto hay. Need to ask my OH if he went for his pellets after I left for work. Here's some pics in his recuperation cage. We'll be back at the vet on Tuesday for a post op check up...
  5. K

Please ALWAYS advocate for your rabbit - Toby's story - update 26/08 post 48

A bunny on preloved was bought to my attention a week ago. Marked as 'disabled' having trouble with his back legs, but able to still get around. Not knowing what I was going to find I went to go and get him on Thursday. As soon as I saw him it was apparent something awful had happened to one of...
  6. K

New TV show looking for rabbits with 'behavioural problems'

Found on Facebook, not sure if anyone here might be interested, especially a rescue with any problem bunnies they are having trouble rehoming??
  7. K

Rabbit Medicine and Surgery for Veterinary Nurses - Does anyone have this book?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rabbit-Medicine-Surgery-Veterinary-Nurses/dp/1405147067/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1437421242&sr=8-3&keywords=rabbit+medicine Does anyone have it? How would you rate it? Thanks :)
  8. K

RU I'm so excited... Picking up my new girl today!

She's a conti/French lop cross... I haven't named her yet... I find naming so hard! If anyone has any suggestions they'd be more than welcome. Her pure white sister is already called lily and one of her brothers is monsier pantoufle [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
  9. K

Just spoke to a nice Rspca inspector

Someone reported me for keeping my rabbits underweight and my cat for fur loss... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
  10. K

Best vacuum cleaners to handle bunny rooms?

Does anyone have any recommendations?? My old Dyson just can't handle the bunny rooms and gets blocked at the sight of a strand of hay which is annoying to say the least!!
  11. K

Lisa (mini lop1)... So wonderful to see Sox...

Get a full page picture in Life with Pets. He's going to be making a lot of people smile :love::love::love:
  12. K

Paul Daniels Bitten by Rabbit... Serves him right??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2808637/Magician-Paul-Daniels-treated-medics-bitten-one-stage-rabbits.html
  13. K

Am I crazy to try and bond 2 trios together?

So... I have 2 trios. One giant trio of George the conti and 2 baby frenchies, Olivia and Bluebelle. Then I have a trio of 'normal' sized bunnies Karl, beatrice and Pepper. Now obviously I know these bunnies are happy to be in more than pairs because they've all taken to trios... but I am...
  14. K

My Pet Shame on NOW (5pm) on Pick has bunnies

Not been on yet so switch over if you want... about a conti bullying other rabbits...
  15. K

Young vets again...

Showed one of the young vets filing a bun's teeth whilst awake... Is this a normal thing to do?? I thought buns went under for dentals as a matter of course but I don't Have much experience
  16. K

Help identifying this plant? Bonus giant picture

As you can see George has had a good nom but wondering what it is and if it's safe??
  17. K

Advantage 80 out of stock everywhere - alternative?

Hi, I need to get a flea treatment for my cat and bunny but advantage it out of stock until September everywhere online and vets can't get it either. What else can I use??
  18. K

Sapphire - November 2011 to 27 July 14

My beautiful sapphire passed on Sunday. PM showed she had an abscess that blocked her airway. It came on very quickly, less than 48 hours and we didn't have time to do anything by the time it was realised how serious it was :( I miss her so much and George took it really badly. He spent 2 whole...
  19. K

George being ridiculous! (Video)

https://vimeo.com/102273153
  20. K

George the conti's spinal problems

So, George had his X-rays today. He has a deformed 5th lumbar vertebra which is the cause of his problems. At the moment this just means he is a bit lumpy getting around and very heavy on his back feet. He doesn't move in the smooth way a healthy rabbit would. Vet has presented two options. 1)...
Back