• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. C

Cancer in bunnies :(

Sorry to only come on here at the moment when I need help, but got my first encounter with the dreaded C word :( I found a small lump on Rivers abdomen 2 weeks ago today (Sunday), took her into the vets the following Monday and she had an op on the Wednesday to remove the lump. Today we got...
  2. C

Two new additions to my wonderful bunny family

Firstly, Dixie Chick :D she is an ARC bunny rescued from the meat farm (same rescue JJ’s Elsa came from). She was one of the kits which were removed with Mum, so we don’t know her exact age but I expect she is between 12-14 weeks (and she’s already bigger than the other two at 2.7kg!). She’s...
  3. C

The end of the road

Please keep our little family, and especially my very special boy, in your thoughts on Sunday :cry: :cry: :cry:
  4. C

Well - that’s it for River now

I’ve decided to stop all attempts to bond her. She’s had 12 failed bonds and none of them have explicitly said so but three of the rescues that have tried her are not committing to trying again with her. As a last resort I tried my local RSPCA who tried her this week, again just turned into a...
  5. C

My poor Noah bear - U/D 11th Nov

As if he didn't have enough health issues - add urine incontinence to the list!! He was weeing in slightly odd places about 5 weeks ago and after being a very tidy boy I thought this was odd and whipped him up to antons. Diagnosed a deformed spinal disc and arthritis and John thought pain was...
  6. C

My gorgeous new trio - pic heavy!!

Just so in love with my new boy Blue :love: him and Noah are like two peas in a pod - so much for you can't bond boys!!!
  7. C

I've been keeping a secret!

But I'll leave you guessing for a bit first ;)
  8. C

Officially given up on bonding River

Today was her 10th failed bonding attempt. I've been to 4 rescues all over the south and been trying for the past 14 months to get her a friend, each time hoping the next bunny would be the right one. I don't quite know what that means for her - I've always said I would never keep a single...
  9. C

Vibes for Sable for tomorrow please.......Babsie's little girl

Sable is currently at Anton vets awaiting some diagnostics tests tomorrow to be performed by John Chitty. She presented with stasis on Saturday, once she had been given painkiller she started eating again quite happily. Then yesterday she again stopped eating, and seemed to be much slower in...
  10. C

Hettie - stasis

Hettie has been in stasis since Saturday. After a couple of visits to my local vet and realising this was a more serious bout of stasis then she has ever previously had, I got her referred to Anton vets and took her up there Monday evening, she was admitted. They x rayed her and the only thing...
  11. C

Noah!

My big boy Noah. Can't explain how special he is to me :love:
  12. C

Recommendations for piggy run?

I want to get the piggies a foldable run - currently they use the bunnies one but it's a shame as I have to rotate them, so looking to get them their own one. It needs to be foldable and ideally 6ft as they like their space. Obviously no need for it to be very tall infact it would be better if...
  13. C

In a complete mess, re River

A year ago I rescued (private rescue) a lovely girl, River. She was spayed / vaccinated and last autumn after her hormones had completely gone I set about finding her a friend in rescue. Fast forward 6 months, today her 6th bond has failed and the rescue (the third one she has been to, after...
  14. C

Hay syndicate South coast - anyone interested? UD ordered and arriving Friday !!

So I have been having troubles getting nice hay recently and have been highly recommended this hay http://www.colehay.co.uk/ and have sent for samples. If the samples are as good as I am told they are (I have asked for Meadow, Ryegrass and Timothy) then I am looking to make an order from them...
  15. C

Wanted: Neutered male wanted for 5* free range house rabbit home in Southampton

For my lovely boarding clients who have a 9 year old recently bereaved female. Looks or age irrelevant, they just want her to have a husbun as soon as possible. Has to be neutered and vaccinations preferred although not essential as they can get those done. This really is a fantastic home - PM...
  16. C

Interesting re Welfare Hutch pipe connectors!

I had always favoured Runaround connectors as feared the WH wooden ones would be nibbled and / or rot over time and this could be a safety issue. Seems that there has been an issue, as read this on WH's website today! "Please note our pipe connector plates are now made from black plastic this...
  17. C

Not technically bunnies, but making the piggies a new home :-)

Today's progress; Tomorrow got to fix on the Perspex, make second level and move piggies in! :D
  18. C

Decided to replace the kennel run

And I feel so much better now the decision has been made. I am a terrible worrier and despite having a lovely kennel with 16g mesh I constantly worry that it's weak enough for a fox to get into, that it will be able to rip off the mesh etc etc. My anxiety over it has got so bad lately that...
  19. C

Look what me and OH did today!!!

Hand fed some very tame squirrels :love:
  20. C

River will never get a boyfriend at this rate :-(

River had a few failed bonds before Christmas and since then i have been waiting for a bunny with particular characteristics to come into rescue (specifically ARC as Gill was the lady who last tried to bond her) Couple of weeks ago Gill contacted me regarding a bunny who she thought might be a...
Back