• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. jerseygirl

Rabbit vets that would consult with o/s vets?

Hi everyone I’m wondering if you could suggest some rabbit vets that you know will consult with other vets looking for help with diagnoses? I’m looking to assist another rabbit owner. I think they gave already asked OS vets themselves but I’m encouraging they have their vet seek other...
  2. jerseygirl

Panacuring older rabbits

I've recently got a new companion for one of my rabbits who lost her mate during May. She is already with the new boy.. I'm considering doing 9 days panacur for them both. She's had head tilt last year (unknown cause). Her mother (now passed) also had this so I do think EC was a possibility. I...
  3. jerseygirl

RSPCA (Middlesex NW branch) needs volunteers to help look after nearly 40 rabbits

Ive seen this shared on a few FB pages but thought RU was good place to share it also. http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/west-london-news/rspca-looking-needs-volunteers-help-13423048
  4. jerseygirl

Using Stonghold (Revolution) on older rabbits?

Does anyone know of any precaution in using Selamectin (aka Stronghold/Revolution) on elderly rabbits? I was going to use it on all my rabbits as an added preventative when the new calici virus was released here in Australia. But my 10yr old lop didn't do so well after his RHDV vaccination...
  5. jerseygirl

Loxicom recall-dosing syringe error

I just happened across this alert. The syringe for this batch is marked in pounds, not kilograms, so take care to use and alternative syringe. http://www.vetnurse.co.uk/b/veterinary-nursing-news/archive/2016/12/21/loxicom-1-5-mg-ml-for-dogs-product-recall.aspx?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
  6. jerseygirl

Quick Qu about F10 disinfectant

I wasn't really sure where to post this, as it isn't really a Health query. I recently bought the 200ml bottle of F10 SC and was about to mix some up in a spray bottle. Im going to do the 1:500 ratio. 1 ml seems so little...Is it really this concentrated? It wasn't cheap, so Im good with...
  7. jerseygirl

FAO Jack's-Jane

Im hoping Jane sees this... I came across an old thread in which you asked a question. You never did receive an answer from the OP but I am curious about the question. In brief, bunny was doing odd poos, they looked like what some rabbits with mega-colon do. You had asked if this occured...
  8. jerseygirl

What is the longest you've kept a rabbit on penicillin?

I've recently treated my rabbit for 6 weeks on penicillin G procaine (SA). He initially had a week of daily shots, then we spaced out to every second day. He's been off it now for a little over a week and I've noticed his "sneezing" has returned and sometimes hear a gag/cough. He initially...
  9. jerseygirl

Does ivermectin give added protection against biting insects?

A few years ago, I heard that ivermectin might help protect rabbits from biting insects that risk carrying myxi and rhdv. The person who said this was not the most reliable source of info! Has anyone heard of this? Is it a myth? I'm assuming the ivermectin makes the blood less attractive to...
  10. jerseygirl

Inadequate pain relief? X-ray photo added

Yesterday, one of my rabbits had surgery for facial abscess. He had long acting pain shot after then I was instructed to resume oral meloxicam the next evening. I gave 2kg dose of 0.5mg/ml strength (cat type) [edited]. That was 6hrs ago. I found him in the litterbox before and his ears felt...
  11. jerseygirl

Oxford rabbit savvy vet? Somewhat urgent

I'm hoping the good folk of RU can recommend some rabbit vets in Oxford. I've done a forum search and found Bicester Vets (Dr Lucy) so far. Anyone know if she's still with the practice? I'm asking on behalf of a member from another rabbit group. They have 2 young rabbits (19wk old) and just...
  12. jerseygirl

A bit of silliness...

I probably won't link this right... Check out the video on Tales of Two Rabbits Facebook page "What if Humans acted like Rabbits" So silly, so accurate! :P Good for a laugh :) https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=289060234582260&ref=m_notif&notif_t=video_reply
  13. jerseygirl

Can I have some help with Albendazole dosage please?

Asking this on behalf of a bunny owner in India. Treating for suspected EC and have an Albendazole suspension of 400mg/10ml. Medirabbit.com indicates a 10mg/kg dose whereas other sources are giving me 20mg/kg (similar to fenbendazole). The rabbit is 1.2kg Also, does Albendazole need to be...
  14. jerseygirl

Humpy Old Men(Rabbits)

Does anyone else have long-time neutered bucks that have become hormonal? My Lop is going to be 8 in November and over the past year he has been displaying more of this behaviour. That hormonal humming they do, attempting to hump his mate & spraying them. He has had a general check up since...
  15. jerseygirl

Buprenorphine and Metaclopramide

I'm just looking for some clarification. Can Buprenorphine and Metaclopramide safely be used for a rabbit in gi stasis? None of my bunnies are in stasis (thank goodness). This is about a rabbit on another forum. I've also wondered about this combo for some time. A couple years back I thought I...
Back