• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. janban

New companion after loss of Husbun?

My original thought was not to bond her but to encourage her to bond with us as Smudge did for the first 6 years of his life, and having already got a male/female bonded pair (with the female of that pair being very territorial and a bit of a diva) I vowed I would only ever consider males in the...
  2. janban

Our Beloved Smudge - 9th April 2005 - 23rd August 2016

Thank you to everyone who posted messages of sympathy for our darling Smudge, it is so kind of you all. That is what is so nice about this site, being able to share not just your joys of owning bunnies but also having support when you have to go through the sad times... love and hugs to you all...
  3. janban

Thank you and yes he definitely was :love:xx
  4. janban

Thank you....he was a very loved and pampered bunny and he was such a character, I had a few friends who ended up adopting a bunny after seeing how much character bunnies actually have after meeting Smudge :love: As you know there are a few people out there who have yet to be brought under the...
  5. janban

You're right it isn't.... and I know I'm biased but yes he did have a cute face :love: the first picture in my signature pictures is one of my favourites, it's where he's been having his nose rubbed and he's asking for more :lol: it was such a typical picture of him :D
  6. janban

Thank you, it's been too painful until now to write down how much he meant to us, as anyone who loses a beloved pet would know :cry: xx
  7. janban

Have been unable to post about our loss of our much loved house bunny, Smudge as we have been too devastated. But now some months on, although, still sadly missed everyday, we know it was the right time for him. He was the most unique, placid, lovable and loyal bunny. Even when we introduced...
  8. janban

New companion after loss of Husbun?

We sadly lost our eldest house bunny, Smudge after several strokes, he was over 11 years old and had become disabled and had lost his sight due to cataracts the year before :cry: His companion Coco was wonderful with him in the last year acting as his 'carer' and guiding him back safely to...
  9. janban

Win a copy of Understanding Your Rabbit's Habits Book

I just love my bunny family :love::love::love: Smudge and Coco just chillin' Reuben and Boo after a hard day's renovating!
  10. janban

Help! Something strange in the litter tray

I've used the same vets for years and they have always been spot on in the past....having said that my usual vet is away and so I saw a different (though equally good) vet (his speciality is exotics surgery, especially bunnies) and I think you're right that maybe the swelling he felt was an old...
  11. janban

Help! Something strange in the litter tray

Smudge, my elderly bunny hasn't been very well and stopped eating, took him to the vet yesterday who felt his jaw and said it may be a bad tooth and gave me painkillers, medication to get his tummy working again and some oxbow critical feed to encourage him to start eating again.....glad to say...
  12. janban

Outdoor Housing Help :)

Hi Definitely don't bother with an Eglu, bought one and used it for about a week! Not big enough inside for one bunny let alone two in the night :( and I have dwarf lops!! Sorry can't offer alternative as all mine live inside....did use the Eglu for a couple of ducks in the end!! Haha :)...
  13. janban

Win a copy of Bunny Mad Magazine

Smudge says "Awww go on....just one more nose rub... [/URL][/IMG] Love this photo of my eldest bunny Smudge, though it was taken some time ago, he is nearly 10 and still loves his nose being rubbed....love him to bits!!! :love::love::love:
  14. janban

Win a copy of Bunny Mad Magazine

Smudge says "Awww go on....one more nose rub" [/URL][/IMG] I love this photo of my eldest bunny Smudge, taken a while ago as he is now nearly 10 but still loves his nose being rubbed.....love him to bits :love::love::love:
  15. janban

Indoor bunny loves digging, but ...

Had the same problem with our house bun Boo...litter and poops all over the place in the morning yet Reuben, her brother just used to watch her! Haha...same as others I invested in a hooded cat litter box and took the swing door off and voila! No mess :) ....also Pets at Home sell large car...
  16. janban

Litter try vs mummy

I have four house buns and Boo the female of the two youngest ones thinks it's great fun to dig furiously until all the litter is on the floor, so I bought a cat litter box with a flap, took the flap off and now she can dig to her little bunny's hearts content and it doesn't go everywhere :) and...
  17. janban

Will they ever bond??

Well, I tried again at the weekend and gave it more time, Reuben the young boy tentatively approached Smudge my elderly boy and began licking his eyes and then started licking his back :D. But Boo (Reuben's sister) and Coco (Smudge's companion) had some lunges and flips and then had a tipsy...
  18. janban

Will they ever bond??

Thank you both, I did wonder whether to leave them longer, but thought I didn't want to create bad feelings with them all so ended it on a happy note... plus I didn't have time to sit there for hours (unfortunately I'm a carer for my husband and have to go to see to him regularly and didn't want...
  19. janban

Will they ever bond??

had first go at bonding Well Christmas came and went and I couldn't put it off any longer and thought today I will put them into a neutral bedroom area and see how it goes....it went much better than I expected...Smudge the older frail bunny was chilled out and the two younger bunnies (Reuben...
  20. janban

How to put a multiple bunny pictures on a signature

Hi Hele Sorry I didn't reply, I've been quite hectic and haven't had chance to go online much :( ....but I agree they do take over your life as my 'best' room is half theirs and is like a constant farmyard with hay everywhere lol....but wouldn't be without them :love::love: Have just come...
Back