• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. P

Poo question - stasis recovery

Good evening! I am looking for a bit of advice regarding Pancake's poo (sorry but I am poo obsessed at the moment). He went into stasis on Thursday, but after a stay in the vets and lots of care at home he is making what seems to be a good recovery. Eating lots, no longer on critical care...
  2. P

Safe outdoor heating

Hi all My 2 rabbits live in a storage unit/room that is attached to my ground floor flat. It is made of brick and has electricity but no heating. Due to an episode of GI stasis my boy Pancake was at the vets for a couple of days, and I have been advised to keep him indoors for the weekend...
  3. P

Pancake is home! But dodgey tummy

I collected Pancake from the vets this morning, he sems to be on the mend from his GI stasis, vet said he was eating and pooing, and he ate all his food overnight. Still have to adminster the gut stimulant to him, and give him some of the critical care. He has been in amazing form since he got...
  4. P

GI stasis - no experience

Was hoping I would never have to post a thread like this. I come home from work today and my two year old rabbit Pancake was not himself. Not eating, moving much, or showing any interest in anything. Left him an hour or so, thought he might have been tired, and when I checked on him again...
  5. P

Advice on hutch sizes

I have come across a website for the "National Cashmere Lop Club" (just googled "cashemere lop" as a friend has one who is currently unwell, and I wanted to find out a bit about them). I found some very worrying advice on this website: When it comes to housing of the Cashmere Lop, they should...
  6. P

Bunny sick or moody? Kinda long

Hi all, was looking for a bit of advice on my rabbit, she is just over a year old, spayed, vacinated, and bonded to a neutered male. I have had her since she was 8 weeks and she has never been ill. She was last checked out by a vet last month when she had her combined vacine, and had a clean...
  7. P

Home after spay

Little Buggle had her spay today. She has been home for about half an hour. The vets told me she has not eaten since the op but they wanted her to go home as she seemed very scared at the vets and thought she would recover more at home. She is in her cage area now (all clean and sterilised)...
  8. P

Kicking litter out of tray

Good evening all. Have been pondering for a while something my little man Pancake does. He has a tendency to kick litter backwards out of his tray. He especially likes to do it after I have just cleaned and changed the litter tray! It is quite frustrating for me and probably him as well. He...
  9. P

Milton

Is Milton (baby steriliser) suitable for cleaning an indoor plastic rabbit set up? Thanks H
  10. P

Preparing for spay

Good evening all. My little girl Buggle is going to have her op on 28 November. She will be 5 months old. At her last vet appointment a few weeks ago she weighed 1.2kg (but I am sure the little greedy guts has piled some on since then). I wanted your opinions on what I should do to prepare her...
  11. P

Worried I have broken a bond - long

Hi I read this forum all the time and have learnt alot from, but until now have never had to post before. I have two house rabbits Pancake, a one year old neutered male, and Buggle a four month old unspayed female, both of whom I have had from the ages of 8 weeks. I recently broke up with my...
Back