• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. V

Advice please! Bat in bathroom

I don't even know how it got in, as the window is closed, (perhaps through a ventilator?) but I just found a little bat sitting in the sink. I know they are specialyl protected and you have to be terribly careful with them. But there probably isn't anyone I can call at this time of night about...
  2. V

Best anti-flystrike stuff?

And are there any new products? What's current thinking re. whether they should be put on healthy rabbits, or just those who tend to get mucky bums?
  3. V

Does snuffles always recur?

On the forum there are quite a few bunnies with chronic or severe snuffles, but I'd be interested to find out if anyone has had rabbits with one-off bouts, or years between episodes. Mine has not had it for about a year and a half now and seems to be in excellent health. She was very young when...
  4. V

(to move?) Paid bunny run?

Hello, As some of you will know from a thread I posted last week, I am sending Ada to be fostered by friends. I have been looking at pet taxi services but also thought it would be fair to post it on here in case any RU'ers would like to do it instead. (Would £90 make it worthwhile? Happy for...
  5. V

Choices

Looking at my circumstances now I have three choices for Ada, two of which seem unsatisfactory for her and the third of which makes me look bad to other people. I hadn't expected to end up living in such a small space at the time when I got rabbits. Living and working in a small space with an...
  6. V

Rabbits in very small places?

eg small one-bed / studio flat, very small bungalow. Does anyone have one? How do you manage to house the rabbit without its stuff taking over your life / it destroying everything? And do you have to clean out every day so it doesn't smell?
  7. V

Dettol - help!

Hi, I've not been well and a friend has just been helping me out by cleaning Ada's cage. When I mentioned how I cleaned it one of the things I mentioned was "pet disinfectant" and I figured she would come and ask me where it was at that stage of the cleaning process. But I smelt Dettol and...
  8. V

V worried. Low energy bunny, now found mould in litter tray.

I'd never seen this before. Wonder if it's because I'd been using a new litter. Will certainly be changing litter trays every couple of days from now on. Ada has been low on energy and eating less (though still eating some), and mad for dried herbs, more than hay, for the past couple of days...
  9. V

You can't hide threads from yourself, can you?

This. so the titles don't appear in new posts or in the list of threads on a board when you look at it.
  10. V

Bunnies who change their minds about hays

Does anyone else have a bunny who is really keen on a type of hay for a while and then seems to go off it? Ada may be doing this again at the moment. She has past form. (Though she's also eating loads of dried herbs instead, so it could be she needs those, and I'm feeding them to her.) What...
  11. V

Anyone used medicines4pets.co.uk ?

If so, was it ok? [I originally asked about animal-meds.co.uk but then noticed they said they were closed due to illness]
  12. V

Is there more stasis in spring?

It almost seems like an epidemic at the moment :( Poor bunnies. Is this a usual pattern?
  13. V

When do bunnies stop growing?

Ada is officially 7 months old today. She weighed 2.2kg the last time we were at the vets. I'm wondering how much bigger she may get.
  14. V

More funny bunny noises

Twice recently I have had to catch Ada. When she was hiding or moving away from me I think I heard squeaks from her. (A bit like the sort of short nasal squeak noise a person could make with their mouth closed.) They definitely weren't screams and they were lower and quieter than guinea pig...
  15. V

Any Bunny Bed O'Linum users?

I've just opened this stuff for the first time. The fibres are really small. Has it ever caused problems for snufflers? Previously I used SmartBedz, but am trying this as I wondered if a softer texture might be nicer for her feet.
  16. V

When you have to move house buns because of cleaning etc...

Where do you put bunnies so that they don't lose their litter-trained habits (as no access to litter tray), chew things in non-bunny-proofed areas etc? I have been putting Ada in her carrier, but seeing her looking up at me with pleading eyes, I wonder if there's a sensible alternative that...
  17. V

Do you think some rabbits understand apologies?

I get the feeling Ada does for some things, especially mistakes or accidental loud noises. I think it's facial expressions, tone of voice and body language she picks up, possibly more than the words themselves.
  18. V

Not what I expected to see in a supermarket

Natural Dandelion Salad dried mix for small pets: Dandelion (25.0%), Birch Leaves, Oat Flakes, Wheat Flakes, Beetroot (6.0%), Pea Flakes, Parley, Carrot, Marigold Blossoms, Wheat, Popped Wheat, Maize Flakes, Popped Maize, Alfalfa, Nettle, Coneflower (1.0%), Ribwort, Rose Petals, Peppermint. In...
  19. V

How long is it ok to keep hay & pellets?

Asking after reading this thread about poor buns who died of mycotoxicosis: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?331607-Kane-amp-Sparkle-sudden-deaths-finally-some-results I have a 9.5kg bag of hay bought when I had two buns and was lining cages with hay. Now I have one bun who just...
  20. V

Suitable for buns?

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Natural+Treats+%252526+Herbs.7/Wood+Picnic.303.html Getting some different mixes for Ada so she doesn't get bored. Above one is Rosewood Wood Picnic: dible boletus mushrooms, hazel leaf and wood, chestnuts, pine shoots, edible roots Says it's most popular with...
Back