• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. V

Kitchen bunny advice!

I found kitchens a good place to keep bunnies - there are fewer cables around at floor level, no soft furnishings and it was much easier to clean than other areas of the house. Can't promise it would be the same for everyone tho. They had no interest in chewing the units and never opened the...
  2. V

Survey for fact findimg- part of my treatment UPDATE PLEASE SEE POST 32

1. What Tamsin said 2. What Tamsin said. 3. Those of you with house rabbits, do you wear your outdoor shoes in areas your rabbit live? Yes, more likely to wear them there than in non-rabbit areas which I tried to keep tidier. 4. Do you wash your hands when you arrive home after being out...
  3. V

Advice please! Bat in bathroom

Hello Thanks again for all your help last night. It didn't turn up again. : ( The bat line did just say that if a bat is shivering it means it's warming up and getting ready to fly - so that was a good thing after all! Hopefully it has got out the way it came in. They advised to look out for it...
  4. V

I feel like i'm going mad here, but it's gone. :shocked: I didn't fully close the box, but most of the opening was covered with flaps of cardboard. I jst went to have a look at it and there was nothing there. I looked all over the room and I can only presume it went behind the sink pedestal...
  5. V

I scooped it up in a dry flannel - it squeaked so much, poor thing, but at least that meant it was well enough to make a noise - and put it in a box with the cap of water. Very lucky I still had the box, from a kettle, I'd meant to recycle it earlier but it was still in a cupboard. It's now in...
  6. V

Their 24 hour line looks like it's only for cruelty cases. The RSPCA site links to the same advice BattleKat linked to - and says to contact the bat conservation people when they open. I doubt the average emergency vet would be much cop with a bat.
  7. V

Thanks! It doesn't say how long it's ok to keep it in the box for, with just a little bit of water. Might it be better just to leave it in the bathroom for now where it has more space? I can get a bottle cap of water for it anyway. and how long can it manage without food (that must be bunny...
  8. V

I don't even know how it got in, as the window is closed, (perhaps through a ventilator?) but I just found a little bat sitting in the sink. I know they are specialyl protected and you have to be terribly careful with them. But there probably isn't anyone I can call at this time of night about...
  9. V

Lewis, Ailsa, Islay, Arran & Jura pics :)

Such a gorgeous group of bunnies! I love Arran's little face too, the one of the ginger bunny with their head in the food bag is really sweet, and Lewis is beautiful.
  10. V

Sunshine at Night: A hare on a sofa - not a common sight!

How amazing. Such a beautiful creature. Are hares litter-trainable? Do they chew? And what does she do all day? Does she run about more than a rabbit?
  11. V

u/d shes gone. we're away to lose penelope

They had a lovely time with you and lots of space, much better than with someone who'd kept them in a tiny cage, fed them rubbsh and ignored them. Regardless of where they came from it is still wonderful to have known them. (I had a petshop bunny die after about 3 months - only one though. What...
  12. V

bruce

How horribly sad. He was such a beautiful bunny and such a character. Very sorry for your loss :(
  13. V

cheeky Spenser!

Such a regal looking bunny, even when sticking his tongue out!
  14. V

Vets said Ash is dying :'( u/d not just yet

It might be worth starting a new thread, or changing the title of this one, asking for help with liver problems so more people who know about them take notice. Glad she is doing ok. Your avatar photo of her is adorable.
  15. V

VHD threat

I think it could also help if you understood what's behind it for you, why this particular worry. What is it about VHD? And/or about the rabbit(s)? (This is just rhetorical, I wouldn't expect you to answer on the board, plus i'm not exactly a frequent poster to consider it my business.) For...
  16. V

Reply from the BBC re The Burrowers

I think this is the sort of issue that may be better addressed via contacting presenters - eg on Twitter. Or by organisations like RWAF writing to the production company. But RWAF are in a tricky position because they need not to alienate pet shops in order to campaign for incrementally...
  17. V

Urgent help please

An old thread seems to say the OP is in the Middle East - either Pakistan or Egypt. Is that right? And it's a country where rabbits are primarily meat animals.
  18. V

Bunny RabbitDream Basic

I used Rabbit Dream Herbs for a while. I liked the idea of a food with all those different plants in it - far better variety than in other pellets; it smelt much nicer than the others, which sometimes made me gag when I opened the bag; and it was nice to feed individual pellets as treats...
  19. V

Summer in the run (with Skye!)

These two are so adorable :love:
  20. V

Did the Burrowers Baby Rabbits REALLY End up as Pet Shop Stock ?

At least when I was growing up, "wildlife" and "animal rights" seemed somewhat separate concerns (we had family membership of the RSPB, WWF, Friends of the Earth, National Trust and so on). Whilst organisations like these and - so far as I was aware - members wouldn't advocate cruelty to...
Back