• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. F

Pets at Home hutch free to a good home

Hi I recently posted a thread about this. I have an outdoor hutch, £60 from Pets at Home. It is "Poppy Den". I live in Littleborough, Rochdale (Greater Manchester). I don't drive, so can't drop off anywhere. I am also 28 weeks pregnant so lifting isn't really an option. Would love it to go...
  2. F

Poppyden - free to a good home

Hi all I have the "poppyden" hutch, but as my rabbit has pretty much been in doors from week 2, it's of no use to me. I love her being a house bunny! I am based in Littleborough, near Rochdale. So if it would help anyone, or any rescues please feel free to get in touch. Thanks x
  3. F

Babysiter for Simba

Hello all I am looking to go away just for a weekend around Easter time. I have my lovely little Simba who is a female house rabbit and would just ideally want someone who offers a service of just calling in to feed and check on her really. I can leave her in the kitchen with her indoor cage...
  4. F

New house...Simba is chewing carpets at corners :(

Hello all :-) I loved from Salford Quays to Littleborough (a beautiful village near Rochdale) this weekend. I was hoping that Simba would be able to have 24 hour access to the living room (a brilliant, large area for her to free range constantly) but she is being very naughty. She keeps...
  5. F

How soon after spay

Should your rabbit be eating? Simba has been spayed today and operation was a success. She has been home now for 3 hours and not touched food yet (but this isn't unusual for her after a car journey, she normally starts eating again about now). Just want to know when I should start syringe...
  6. F

Simba is in for her spay!

And I am already worried sick....dropped her off at Ashleighs vets in Manchester at 8:30am this morning. I have taken a few days off work so I can look after her whilst she recovers. Any tips / advice for when she comes home would be very welcome and lots of vibes please! She is with a rabbit...
  7. F

Lady Muck!

My lovely bun is currently sat beside me on a (cooled down) hot water bottle. She is loving the nose rubs today and actually stamps like she is having a tantrum when I stop for a minute :lol: does anyone elses bun do this? She is a bit hormonal and is due to be spayed next month. She won't...
  8. F

Simba eaten whole left over apple!

Hi everyone Happy new year to you all first of all, I haven't been on since before Christmas so plan on doing some catching up this week xx My OH had seen me giving very small peices of apple to Simba as a special treat, so without telling me this afternoon he put his left over apple in with...
  9. F

Running out of medicine

Has anyone else had that problem? It has now happened to me twice. Once it was obvious the vet had given me the wrong dose and I had to go back as I was two weeks short! Now Simba is on Septrim 1.2ml twice a day for 10 days. Well day six and I am not sure there will even be enough for this...
  10. F

Giving medicine

Hi all Simba is now on Septrin (banana flavour) which I thought she would LOVE, but she doesn't. Syringing is IMPOSSIBLE, even with two people. I have been mashing it up in banana (which she loves) but she is eating the banana and leaving the medicine (the best she can, I am mashing it up so...
  11. F

Back from the vets!

Simba has been to see Aiden tonight at Ashleigh's vets about her snuffles. She has previously had 3 visits to Pet Medics in Manchester. First had metacam for a week, then baytril and metacam for a week, then baytril and metacam for three weeks without improvement. Aiden was fantastic, Simba's...
  12. F

Popcorn Sticks from Pets at Home

If your buns haven't tried one yet! Get some! Simba is nomming away now and it is supposed to be good for teeth and they just hang from the cage / hutch. Hours (or minutes :lol:) of fun for buns. Must be a tasty treat :love:
  13. F

Vibes for vets tomorrow

Hello everyone :wave: Little Simba is going to the vets tomorrow evening, her appointment is at half six with Ashleighs vets in Manchester. Rabbit savvy and well recommended. It seems the poor girl needs further treatment for snuffles / chest infection after a course of baytril and metacam...
  14. F

Agressive growling lion!

Little Simba has gone from a lovely licky lion to a growling, agressive one! She is in her "play tent" at the moment in the living room, and I put my hand in and she growled like crazy and bit my finger! Did the same to my boyfriend as well afterwards. Really need to get her spayed as it is...
  15. F

Emergency accomodation available in Manchester

Hi all Have seen that there are quite alot of buns in desperate need at the moment. I live in a VERY small flat in Salford with my indoor unspayed bun. She is unspayed at the moment as 7 months old and has snuffles (on meds) I can take in a bun in an emergency if no room at rescues. I have a...
  16. F

Good news :)

Simba had improved massively last night, went 4 hours without sneezing and she slept close to my bed last night and only had 1 small sneezing fit in the night, and 3 sneezes this morning. This is a massive step forward for her and I am SO pleased. It seemed to quiet at home last night! She is...
  17. F

Long bunny journey

When I move from Manchester to Northern Ireland probably in about a years time, I will need to transport Simba with me. The journey is probably 9 hours in total approximately. Would this be safe? Has anyone done a long journey with their bun and if so, how did you get on? We would want to...
  18. F

Things your buns do every day to make you smile!

My gorgeous little girl gives me a nice kiss on the lips every morning and evening. I bend down and she has a good lick of my lips. It is so special to me :love:
  19. F

Life long snuffles - shorter lives?

Hi everyone My vet said to me last time that Pasturella can't be cured and can only be treated (the symptoms) My little bun has had them and they have got worse and worse really, but she is always happy and it doesn't seem to bother her with all the sneezing and snot, most of the time. We...
  20. F

Building a house in Northern Ireland

Hi all my other half is from northern ireland and is in the army, we are starting to lay the foundations (after finally agreeing planning permission and design plans) on our very own house. It will be a large bungalow in a hay field and I am hoping to move this time next year (once I find a...
Back