• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. O

Giant bunny breeds

Hi all :wave: Just wondering who on here have bigger/giant breed bunnies such as Contis? Is there anyone who keeps giant bunnies outside or is it better to keep them indoors? Is there temperament different to small/medium bunnies? What about health issues and life span - do they need more...
  2. O

Fostering bunnies

Are there any rescues on here who use fosterers for some of the rabbits in their care? :wave:I've checked some of my local rescues but they only organise foster homes for dogs and cats. I would like to look after some bunnies again but not sure if I can take on the full commitment of having them...
  3. O

Which indoor pen should I go for?

Hi, Does anyone have any recommendations for fairly cheap indoor pens? I'm currently thinking one of these two but not sure which one to go for: This one is about 1m so bunnies won't have much chance to jump out-...
  4. O

Sectioning off part of shed for bunnies

Has anyone separated part of their shed off for their bunnies? If so, how did you go about this? Did you use aviary panels and if so where did you get them from and how much were they? Trying to persuade my parents so my bunnies can have a better accommodation. Thanks :wave:
  5. O

Baby bunnies?

Hi all, My friend has rescued some bunnies from bad conditions - unfortunately one of the does has had a litter. I'm interested in giving two of the babies a home (they might be my first ever bunnies!). I was wondering if there would be any difference in choosing a male or female pair? Also...
  6. O

Please vibes for lost bunny UD p. 10!

Our neighbour told us her two rabbits escaped earlier today. This is the second time they have escaped out of their run but fortunately last time they were both still somewhere in the garden. Thankfully the neighbours have a new more secure run now but she gave her teen son responsibility...
  7. O

Anyone tried the Excel Square Snacks?

With carrot and beetroot? I got these for my guinea pigs but they won't touch them - I might give them to my neighbour who has a pair of bunnies...anyone else tried them?
  8. O

Quick question

Will a damp white towel placed over the top of my carrier (the lid of my carrier is mesh) help my piggies keep cool? Know this is rabbit chat but the same could be applied to buns. Thanks :wave:
  9. O

Costs: Dogs & Rabbits Compared?

How would you compare the cost of owning a pair of rabbits in spacious accommodation to a dog? Just curious about it after reading various posts on threads, articles and videos (on YouTube) suggesting rabbits (a well cared for pair) can cost just as much or even more then a dog? Obviously it...
  10. O

Ceramic tile

Sorry if this thread is rather stupid :oops: Have just found a spare ceramic tile lying outside in the sun. I wanted to use it in the hutch so the piggies could lie on it to keep cool but it's red hot?! How does this work? Anyone know where to get tiles from that keep cool for rabbits/guineas...
  11. O

anywhere which sells ice pods?

any suggestions please? PAH, VetUK and Amazon don't seem to be at the moment. :? thanks :wave:
  12. O

Confused about Easter Bunny Mission and Pet Planet

Okay, I'll try for this not to be confusing, i'd really appreciate your help! :) A week or two ago I e-mailed pet planet and zoo plus asking them if they'd consider a link next to the rabbit supplies with a picture with " a bunny is not for easter" and a link to a page (i was suggesting to...
  13. O

Sweet Dreams Bella Kitty -xxx-

My friend's beautiful and much loved family cat Bella got run over yesterday. :( My friend is very upset :( She broke her pelvis and tail and sadly had to be pts. sweet dreams Bella - you will be missed - xxx-
  14. O

Is it harder to rehome agouti coloured rabbits and guinea pigs?

Inspired by the other threads I was thinking why like REWs and black, people don't want agouti coloured animals? I personally find it really odd. Both my guinea pigs are agoutis and personally I find them very pretty. Prettier in fact then some other coloured piggies (not of course that I judge...
  15. O

Possibly looking for a pair of easy to handle bunnies

Hi guys, So, we haven't decided yet but we are considering on getting two rescue rabbits. I don't mind which gender or markings or breed but I would prefer if they were easy to handle. I don't expect them to enjoy being handled/cuddled all the time but as a first time rabbit owner I would...
  16. O

how to loosen up compact hay

I've got a bale of hay from the dust free hay company in the same shed as the piggies but I'm struggling to pull the hay out which is a pain because they need lots now its so cold. How can I take out some hay from the bale efficiently without having to pull it out so hard my arms nearly breaks...
  17. O

Got a piece of hay embedded under my skin..

Thanks to the cold weather and the outside piggies and me needing to put in a pile of hay. The hay sticks together so I had to pull it apart which caused it. :roll: My hands are covered with scratches (also due to dry skin) and now this small bit of green hay (about half a cm but was a bit...
  18. O

Amazing cheap bunny home up for grabs in Norfolk!

Okay, so a few months ago I came across this ad on Gumtree, but I was just looking on Ebay for hutch and came across the same ad: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LARGE-OUTDOOR-HUTCH-AND-RUN-/121048838957?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item1c2f12b32d#ht_439wt_1170 It'd make a fab home for...
  19. O

Animal Dreams Timothy Hay

Is it any good? :)
  20. O

Rspca??

How come that many people on here dont like the rspca? :?
Back