• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Redecorating the bunny room - Vet bed - yay or nay?

Mega bunny-proofing is under-way. We have a through lounge/dinning room and we are in the process of laying an engineered wood floor and the old wooden skirting boards are being ripped out and replaced with an aluminium skirting which has built in cable management. :love: I was going to save...
  2. B

Bell pepper leaves?

This year I've been quite successful growing herbs and veggies for the buns. I've also grown some veg for the humans in the family and for the first time ever (in many years of trying) I've had decent crops of tomatoes and peppers. The buns aren't allowed near because I know they can't have...
  3. B

Fire drills for bunnies

Last night we had had a dreadful thunder storm across the UK and shorter version tonight. Not too far from me, a house was struck by lighting and the roof caved in. I was chatting with a bunny owner I know, who tell me she keeps a pop-up run in the boot of her car for just such emergencies...
  4. B

Verticle gardening

I'm not much of a gardener but I'm so proud of myself, usually I can't keep any plant alive more than a week but now I have lots of fresh herbs for buns in very little space :) (Don't worry the chives are obviously not for the buns)
  5. B

Dragging hay across the room???

I have to house rabbits that are generally happy and healthy. Their base is the dining room where they have their water bowl, sleeping area, play tunnels, toys, litter tray and hay rack. We keep the hay rack topped up all day so they have unlimited access. For two years they seemed quite happy...
  6. B

Replacement for my living/dinning room carpet.

My two rabbits are indoor bunnies (with supervised time outside) their main living space is the dinning room when we are not at home. When we are at home they have the run of downstairs. It's a through living room/dinning room which we divide with run panel when we aren't there. Although the...
  7. B

Has anyone ever had their bunnies made into a scarf?

My mother-in-law phoned me last night to tell me all about the wonderful new fleece she's been given and how perfect it would be for my two rabbits, Bob and Kizzy. At first i was totally confused thinking that even if I could get either of my two to wear a little wool coat they wouldn't need...
  8. B

Roasting bunnies - help!

My two buns live indoors and have free range in what used to be our dining room. Kizzy seems determined to roast herself - there are shady parts of the room and sunny parts of the room, but Kizzy will not be budged from the hottest spot in the room. Kizzy likes to lay under a foot stool which is...
  9. B

Roses?

A friend from work who has a beautiful rose garden had a good deadheading session over the weekend a brought in a massive carrier bag full of flowers and petals for me. She is very much an organic gardener and used to have rabbits herself so I have no fears about pesticides. I've given the...
  10. B

Bonded pair & visiting the vet - Do I take both?

I'm due to take Kizzy in for her Mixy shot - Do I take Bob along as well? They've never been apart since their first introduction. Bob tends to follow her around and seems to like to know where she is at all times. If I take both, what sized carrier do I need? - they are mixed breed, both...
  11. B

Over zealous bun fun

I'm getting a little concerned over one of my buns. I've had Bob about 4 months now and he is really coming out of his shell. He and his partner Kizzy are house buns - pretty much free range when I'm home and the run of what was the dinning room when I'm working with supervised time outside...
  12. B

Smartbedz Bedding and Litter

I saw his video on you tube which looks too good to be true. But I was wondering if it's mabe half or a third as good as the claims that it might be worth trying. Then found this tread from Aug, so 3 or 4 months later what's the verdict? Any good?
  13. B

Safe steps????

My two buns are now happily bonded. Kizzy came first and then Bob. Kizzy never really had a cage as she had free range of the dining room with a couple of hidy houses. For Bob we got a cage on a stand. Now they are a happy couple I've moved the cage to the dinning room, I was going to put it on...
  14. B

How do I make a room neutral

I adopted Kizzy on 20 August and got her post spay all clear from the vet earlier this week. After much more research and discussion with Kizzy's vet I've decided to bite the bullet and get her a friend. Reading various threads here and the many links to other sites I'm getting my head around...
  15. B

The love that dare not speak it's name?????

Don't judge! Love is a wonderful thing no matter what form it comes in. I love my Kizzy rabbit and therefore I will support her choice.... even if it is a trifle er...erm... shall we say unconventional. I do however, worry about the domestic violence - she grooms him and he starts...
  16. B

Backsiding on litter training or acting out?

I adopted Kizzy from a Rescue Centre on 20th Aug, best guess from the vet is that she's around six months old. Within a couple of hours of getting her home she was litter trained. She has the run of the dinning room which we shut off from the rest of the house whilst we're out with a rabbit pen...
  17. B

Bark Chips?

18. B

No toys, no treats!

No I'm not being mean - she just doesn't want them. I've adopted a rescue bunny - a sort of mini lop, about 16 weeks old, I've only had her a week so I realise its early days. I went slightly mad with the commercial toys; you name it we got it. But my Kizzy just isn't interested. The only...
  19. B

Won't use new hutch/hideaway house

After having found a rabbit in my front garden, handed her over to the RSPCA and waited for someone to come forward - nobody did, so I am now the proud new bunny mummy to Kizzy. YAY!! The lady at the RSPCA (who was wonderful) thinks she's between 16 and 20 weeks old. We are giving her the run...
Back