• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. K

Calling all foragers....l

I've only just found that sow thistle is ok but I worry about feeding it coz so many plants look the same... Are most of those smooth leaved thistle pes with yellow flowers ok? I know to avoid ragwort which also has yellow flowers!! My new garden has tons of weeds/bunny food!! Lots of what looks...
  2. K

My buns are thumping lots at night once I've shut them away :( help

Yeh, I'm pretty sure mine thump out of protest too!! They seem to do it after they've been put away. I've never seen a fox in our old garden or at new house yet... What's a fox watch?? If it's one of those high pitched sound tags to deter foxes don't the rabbits hate it too?? Our new house had...
  3. K

Bunnies moving house? How to do it?

Thank for all your responses, sounds like what I'm planning on doing is ok. My boys don't seem to get stressed much so hoping they take it in their stride. We're not moving them until next weekend but are planning to build a new run for them today/over this week. Trouble is my husband wants to...
  4. K

Bunnies moving house? How to do it?

Hi, my husband & I have a new house that we are gradually moving into over the next week. I'd planned to move the buns in when we actually properly live there (next weekend). I'm not sure yet whether I'm going to move their old shed or invest in a new one... Both for looks (for my husband!!) and...
  5. K

Shed advice and recommendations.

I actually got a second hand shed free from my sister, they come up on freecycle quite a lot. My husband is pretty handy with DIY so I can do this kind of thing. He raised the shed using both blocks bad wooden planks to keep it off the ground to stop it rotting. It is a couple of inches off the...
  6. K

not enough veggies :(

Rabbits must have hay (or grass) as the majority of their diet, like 90% so you must provide this for them. If I run out of hay, even for a day I can instantly tell the difference in my buns, especially by the poo they produce!!! If nowhere near you does good enough hay then you can easily buy...
  7. K

Rabbit garden

This looks fab! Exactly the kind of thing I should do! How do you stop the buns eating the whole lot tho?? I haves cattle trough with some herbs and strawberry plants but the boys can jump up into it and if I don't see them they munch the whole trough to bare soil :( they don't realise they are...
  8. K

Oh :( they're not happy

I've been waiting for my inks hay delivery to arrive, thinking how much the buns will love fresh hay! Especially as grass isn't really growing and I haven't been home in time to hang out with them or let them free range. When got home and sawdust had arrived I dashed straight out in the rain to...
  9. K

Not spending enough time with the rabbits

I'm quite glad to se lots of you feel the same. As it's got darker and darker and colder and colder I have been spending less time outside with the buns :( they are a bonded pair and only ever really like me when I have food anyways but I still feel guilty that I'm not out there asmuchas I am...
  10. K

pellets

My buns are the same! They have 24hour access to grass fresh hay every morning and evening(which they never eat all of!?) also fresh forage and or greens every evening but they are still disparate for their pellets!! I scatter a few around shed for them to find and They go mad for them! I do...
  11. K

Cats and Rabbits

Sorry I can't offer advice but would be interested to e what people say. I've been wanting to get kittens for aaaggggess but don't want it to affect the buns life. They're outdoor buns and have big shed /run set up but often let them free range in garden and not sure could dot hat if I had cats...
  12. K

In or out?

I'm glad I brought my boys in as fence panels have come down and smashed into the run and the shed. Luckily the shed seems to be fine but I'm so glad they weren't in it. They've had a sleep over with free range of our spare room which they braved up enough to explore now. If wind is going to...
  13. K

In or out?

Aarghh! I'm still undecided :( I'm right on the South coast, opposite the IOW so right in the storm path! Weather is not as bad as I thought at the moment and in this weather I would be happy leaving them out like normal but I keep checking the MET office and wind speeds are getting up to nearly...
  14. K

Gale force winds &outdoor buns: I'm worried!

Pretty windy down here on the south coast but not gale force I don't think.. Rain starting too... I'm reluctant to bring my boys in as they' ll hate it but have room ready and expecting the early hours of the morning to be bad so will have to get them. Leaving them out as long as I can ...
  15. K

Has the storm come to anyone yet?

It is getting very very windy down on the South coast now!!! I'm just south of Chichester (between Portsmouth and Brighton) so should be a little shletered by IOW but strong winds here already and big gusts. I have been out and tried to move anything that might blow around the garden. We made a...
  16. K

Sheds: replacing doors / rotten wood??

Right (writing to myself as no one replied ...) My husband has helped me build new secure shed door &the buns are happily havingsome free range time in the garden. Trying to get them out and about is more tricky in winter as its dark when I leave for work and when I get home. Going to go and...
  17. K

Gale force winds &outdoor buns: I'm worried!

Relevant to anyone with outdoor buns... What are you planning to do Sunday/Monday with this huge storm forecast? I'm down on the south coast &they're saying its going to be as bad as 1987 (I was only a kid then but remember it being pretty huge!) My buns live outside in a shed with two runs...
  18. K

Sheds: replacing doors / rotten wood??

Hi, with the weather warnings stating hurricane strength winds I'm worrying about the improvements that need to be done to my ageing shed!? The shed is pretty old but mostly ok, just the door and somebody's around the door end that are starting to rot / look soggy and are attracting woodlice :(...
  19. K

Can rabbits eat brussel sprout tops?

Mine love Brussel sprout tops! (They don't get the main part,that's for us!)
  20. K

Shed/Summerhouse windows?

I def think windows are too hot.. My shed only has one glass window and I have stuck an insulated and reflective car windscreen cover over it to keep the heat out in summer. I'm waiting for my husband to take the glass out and replace it with wire and mesh as in the photos above,then i'll have...
Back