• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. 0XBunnyta

Emergency overnight stay

My bunny is currently at the emergency vet staying the night, not sure what’s wrong with her but we’re thinking it’s the GI route as nothing seems to be out of the ordinary otherwise and her only symptoms are ‘quiet’ and not eating. Please can you share your stories of overnight stays? I’ve...
  2. 0XBunnyta

Vimto is home and bonding already!

In my last post I asked if there were any single female rescue bunnies available near Leeds and jumped on the first lil girl that was suggested. She’s now home and settled in pretty much in the first night, she’s super confident and also very very friendly with us. After my 11yo girl passing...
  3. 0XBunnyta

Finding it hard to find a rescue bunny??

Since the passing of Annabelle In February I have been looking to get Wayne a girlfriend. I recently moved out into an apartment and all that comes with it so there has been a delay on that front for him. When I was ready, it was around the Easter period and no self respecting rescue will put...
  4. 0XBunnyta

My last post killed her *warning if you don't like upsetting animal posts*

In my last post I got exited about moving out with the buns and was asking for loads of puppy pen suggestions. I have several 80L storage boxes of lovely toys and things i'd collected over summer, my last thing to get was a pen so they could have their own room at the new apartment. I was so...
  5. 0XBunnyta

Which Puppy Pen?

Need recommended pens for a bunny base :wave: They are definitely jumpers so needs to be about 3 feet or higher to line the inside of their new room :D They started trying to pull up the carpet like noodles in my old student house but this new landlord was kind enough to agree to let me have...
  6. 0XBunnyta

I need re-homing... but I refuse to re-home my buns!

My plan was to move out in January but the only option for me was to move out buns in tow like, I don't care if its impractical I refuse there's ALWAYS houses that accept pets (just for reference, I have two mini lops). Well its looking more like February now because i just can't find...
  7. 0XBunnyta

I keep forgetting

In my last started thread I was asking for advice on stronger arthritis medication, supplements, therapies, anything that might help an aging bun. I'm one of those people that just think love can save an animal. If I just find the best vets, if i just find better medication, give her the best...
  8. 0XBunnyta

Arthritis Medications?

The time has come again to take my elderly bun to the vets, swear shes there every bloody week, i'm such a worry wort :lol: She has been on metacam for a while now for her arthritis but it's just not cutting it. Our golden retriever has been diagnosed with cancer (all happens at once doesn't it...
  9. 0XBunnyta

Is a hutch enough?

I'm a big believer of the 'a hutch is not enough campaign'. Ever since I was younger the rabbits have had their own renovated playhouse and access to the whole garden when someone was home to watch (in case of day time urban foxes and other dangers). At home they now have a 10x12 shed and a...
  10. 0XBunnyta

multiple vet trips and issues could actually be one issue?

Hello everyone, I have an elderly (well not really, rabbits can live for many more years than this yet :D) bunny who is almost eight called Tina. I was her fourth home so this figure has come from her adoption day, I've had her seven and a half years but she wasn't a baby when I got her so she...
  11. 0XBunnyta

Dried forage?

I collect some dried forage around the garden for my bunnies but this year i've decided i want to create a small mini online business. I had the idea of selling some custom fleece items etc like everyone does and some homemade toys but i was also thinking about treats. I know there are big...
  12. 0XBunnyta

Fattening up a bunny

My buns a little on the thin side so he has been given wormer. To fatten him up a bit i'm feeding extra pellets (= 1 1/2 - 2 egg cups) a tea spoon of oats because they are quite fatty, a couple sunflower seeds a day again quite fatty, lots of bramble leaves to help the stomach (I've heard it...
  13. 0XBunnyta

Panacur?

Giving the buns their wormer this week, the 9 day course. Does anyone else find the dispenser reallly fiddly? :shock: i need to give one notch to each bun, but i cant get the little twissly thing to stay on one notch, it keeps moving (is there a way to lock it in place i haven't discovered? :lol:)
  14. 0XBunnyta

Painting the inside of hutches?

I believe the wilkos brand of pain is pet safe and inside the buns shed i am contemplating touching up the hutches (just the place they can hop in and out of to feel secure) because i've had the old hutch for a few years now and there are water marks and it looking a little run down. Was going...
  15. 0XBunnyta

Feeding garlic mustard and ox eye daisy? 0_0

These are wild plants that are on the safe wild plant list (http://www.rabbitnutrition.co.uk/page1.html) But i know for a fact they can't have garlic (I don't think its from the garlic family but i'm still worried because when i was looking to make sure i had picked the right thing, you crush...
  16. 0XBunnyta

How do you dry out your plants?

My buns have a natural diet with tonnes of forage and their health is great and their poopies are looking stunning ;) I've heard of loads of diferent way to dry forage for winter but now sure what to do Normally, I forage fresh for their tea and then pick a bit extra to dry and put in their...
  17. 0XBunnyta

Would a chicken water thing work?

Looking for way in which to water my rabbit. I broke thier dog bowl and i keep breking the water bottles :lol: It was heavy and i dropped it on the pavement on the way to their shed and then the bottles, i have 4 giant ones and trying to take them back when they are all wet and slippery wasnt...
  18. 0XBunnyta

Should I replace my buns veg with wild plants?

Everytime i go for a walk (every day with my pooch) i forage for the buns and bring back loads of food, they love it, i introduced it slowly and their poops are looking stunning ;) The don't seem to care for some of the veg over the wild plants plus its totally free! most of the tings i forage...
  19. 0XBunnyta

Castration and over 18? -_-

My friends parents dont agree with the rabbit being castrated and bonded with a female. They think they will not get along and it will die during surgery anyway. No matter what you tell them. Anything you tell them they ignoor and make an excuse they think is right. Poeples attitude seriousley...
Back