• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. 0XBunnyta

Emergency overnight stay

So, I called first thing this morning and she said she’s pooped over night but still not eating. The vet does the rounds in the morning and will call me around midday to see if she ate for them then... as she’s spent all day yesterday and night at the vets on IV, do you think at home treatment...
  2. 0XBunnyta

Emergency overnight stay

No, no idea what the test came back as :( On the phone she was focusing on gut movement and eating, which leads me to believe they know it’s GI stasis and haven’t mentioned any blockage. Again, I was talking to the receptionist who was very polite and reassuring but I want to know specifics...
  3. 0XBunnyta

Emergency overnight stay

Yes teeth been checked three times this month with all the trips 😂 always says their perfect. She did a full basic examination with me in the room before I left her, so eyes, ears, heart rate, gut sounds, stomach palpations. They checked her when she had each vaccination too and couldn’t find...
  4. 0XBunnyta

Emergency overnight stay

Yes she is, she had her top up last weekend, then two weekends before that for the other. Do you think it could be anything to do with that or just a coincidence?
  5. 0XBunnyta

Emergency overnight stay

My bunny is currently at the emergency vet staying the night, not sure what’s wrong with her but we’re thinking it’s the GI route as nothing seems to be out of the ordinary otherwise and her only symptoms are ‘quiet’ and not eating. Please can you share your stories of overnight stays? I’ve...
  6. 0XBunnyta

Vimto is home and bonding already!

They’ve been living together since last weekend and have both been free range round the apartment now :D Sucess! Potentially the hardest rabbit I’ve had to bond in regards to Mavis’ persistence to nip, she wanted to chase him and for hours I had to sit in their pen and hold her back :lol: She...
  7. 0XBunnyta

Vimto is home and bonding already!

In my last post I asked if there were any single female rescue bunnies available near Leeds and jumped on the first lil girl that was suggested. She’s now home and settled in pretty much in the first night, she’s super confident and also very very friendly with us. After my 11yo girl passing...
  8. 0XBunnyta

Finding it hard to find a rescue bunny??

No problem I have also been in contact with Angela and she said she doesn’t see any reason we couldn’t give her a good home up to this point :D probabaly going to discuss some finer details tomorrow but I’m glad everything is looking good for now :)
  9. 0XBunnyta

Is that the one in Leicester? It’s a bit too far for me to drive I’m afraid :( I’m not very confident and it’s two hours there and back Wayne has been bonded to three other rabbits who unfortunately all had their time. One was elderly at 11yo, one was an extremely tiny and young nethie who...
  10. 0XBunnyta

More than confident in bonding, I’ve done six lots over the years including pairs, trios and quads :) Oh no I hope they don’t already have a home lined up for Vimto, I have already enquired and am determined to bring her home >: ) They replied saying Angela is away and will reply soon which I...
  11. 0XBunnyta

and then they were (hopefully ) three

I just read through the thread and wow what a roller coaster. I’m so sorry it didn’t work out for you and Vimto :( You really made her personality shine through and as a result I’ve also taken a shine to her- im the one looking for a single female. I’m so sorry about your tough decision but I...
  12. 0XBunnyta

My boyfriend likes Vimto! If I message BARC about her will they be aware she is due to return? When is she being taken back to Angie? How old is she? What’s her story? Sorry for so many questions lol she’s just a perfect candidate for little Wayne and I’m getting excited haha.
  13. 0XBunnyta

Do you have any Pictures of Vimto I can show my boyfriend? :) honestly just by description I’d take her in a heartbeat but need to let him decide ultimately :wave: I looked on their website but every single one is a single male so if I’d have known a female was coming I’d have been happy to wait :)
  14. 0XBunnyta

Since the passing of Annabelle In February I have been looking to get Wayne a girlfriend. I recently moved out into an apartment and all that comes with it so there has been a delay on that front for him. When I was ready, it was around the Easter period and no self respecting rescue will put...
  15. 0XBunnyta

My last post killed her *warning if you don't like upsetting animal posts*

In my last post I got exited about moving out with the buns and was asking for loads of puppy pen suggestions. I have several 80L storage boxes of lovely toys and things i'd collected over summer, my last thing to get was a pen so they could have their own room at the new apartment. I was so...
  16. 0XBunnyta

Leaky Bun

Probably nothing to worry about, probs just a simple UTI like everyone says :) How old is she and what size? My bun started to accidently urinate on herself when she started to get arthritis and it was uncomfortable to position properly. She was around 7 when she had arthritis creep in but I...
  17. 0XBunnyta

Which Puppy Pen?

Thanks Casco, I went for the one linked but the XL one which is three and a half foot to be extra sure they couldn't scamper out of it, even though the actual floor space is exactly the same as the large. I did go for the cheaper one rather than the Ellie-bo which I have heard fab things about...
  18. 0XBunnyta

Rabbit chasing and nipping at the others bottom.

it'll be from bringing them home to a new place that the dominance is really kicking off to establish themselves and because of their age, they're starting to come through a bit more now like stroppy teenagers :lol: One thing I think that comes with experience of bonding a few different pairs/...
  19. 0XBunnyta

Ted's been admitted to vets this morning 10 Feb - We've had a little buzz

Oh no, sending healing vibes, hope everything gets resolved quickly. Keep us updated, does sound like quite a high reading but i'm sure its either just an error or something that they can begin to treat now they know xx
  20. 0XBunnyta

Which Puppy Pen?

Need recommended pens for a bunny base :wave: They are definitely jumpers so needs to be about 3 feet or higher to line the inside of their new room :D They started trying to pull up the carpet like noodles in my old student house but this new landlord was kind enough to agree to let me have...
Back