• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. veritymay

Plant Images

Ah. Ok. I'm sorry I don't know how to delete my post now.
  2. veritymay

Plant Images

It's that time of year again! Have just been out in the garden foraging for some delicious bunny salad. Tons growing -- wild strawberries (they love the leaves), stinging nettles, wood avens, dandelions, herb robert, brambles, germander speedwell and of course blimmin' cleavers. Have picked a...
  3. veritymay

Will this be a problem?

I would say its by no means impossible to keep two bucks -- trust your instincts and watch them carefully over the next few weeks, especially after Patch's operation.
  4. veritymay

Bonding Day 2

I'm trying to work up the courage to bond my two, so its great to read some success stories! I guess with regards to leaving them unsupervised -- you have to trust your instincts based on your knowledge of their characters and what you've been watching over the past 6 hours (that's a long time!)...
  5. veritymay

New Bunny.

Bunny is GORGEOUS! He looks like my Louis did when he was a baby. Love the hairdo!
  6. veritymay

Bonding Advice - I haven't made the time!

Great idea to swap things over in the days running up to the bonding. Will let them know I'm serious this time! Reassuring to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't bond the buns straight away (although I've had a whole year... where does time go???) V
  7. veritymay

Thank you all very much! So it seems I need to commit to a weekend, get a neutralised cage or pen set up in the kitchen, and basically leave them to it...! With a careful eye on them. I guess I'll just move my computer in there too so I can get on with some work while they do their thing! V
  8. veritymay

Hi all wise bunny friends. I have one 2 year old male and one 1 year old female bunny. They are both fixed, but as I haven't "gotten around" to bonding them, they have been living in cages side by side for a whole year now, with Annabel's play area in the hallway, and Louis in the sitting room...
  9. veritymay

Baby girl (3 months) stroppy, thumping & running away

Hi all, I've taken on a baby bunny who is now three and a half months old. She's usually quite happy to be handled, but in the last couple of weeks she darts away and thumps whenever anyone gets near. Today I tried to sit with her so she could realise its the same old me, nothing to be scared...
  10. veritymay

Soft beds- yay or nay?

11. veritymay

What are these diseases??

ermmmmmm I've lost his vaccination card (bad parent) but I'm pretty sure he's only had myxi. He doesn't mix with other buns just lives inside... although there is a kitten scampering around these days! What is VHD?
  12. veritymay

hello to all from verity and louis!

picture time!! Louis I am in love with his white feet! And some baby pictures... :roll:
  13. veritymay

What are these diseases??

Tilted head? Stasis? VHD? You guys all seem to know so much more than me! Sometimes Louis looks at me with his head cocked to one side - is this tilted head??? I'm a little worried as we have moved to a new city and I haven't had time to get him a new vet yet. Also I've never brushed him...
  14. veritymay

scared of toys

willow is great chewing material, so if you can find a way to remove the bell, perhaps it won't be a completely wasted purchase!
  15. veritymay

Litter tray problems

try putting the soiled tissues or whatever you're using to clean up in the litter box -- might help to re-establish that as the place for pee!
  16. veritymay

Dear Thor, please stop peeing on my bed

oh jeez applebed, I feel your pain! (my thread on the same topic is just below yours!) Louis does this and I can tell its on purpose! He hops onto the bed, and I keep a beady eye on him thinking "Maybe he won't, maybe he's grown out of it" but within a minute he starts pawing with his back feet...
  17. veritymay

weeing on my bed!!

thanks for all your responses... I'll keep you posted!
  18. veritymay

weeing on my bed!!

I don't think its to get attention.. Especially because of course I don't reward him him positive attention!!
  19. veritymay

weeing on my bed!!

Yes he's been neutered for several months. The only behavioural changes have been less excitement over my slippers and he no longer bites my feet and ankles... He still has his territories where he doesn't like to be bothered such as under the sofa. But he's never weed there. Maybe you're right...
  20. veritymay

weeing on my bed!!

Hi all! Just wondering how/if anyone has managed to successfully resolve this issue! Louis is litter trained but still jumps on my bed to try and wee on it. Obviously this is unhygenic and a pain as I only have one set of sheets so need to turn the load around in the laundry before I can get...
Back