• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. yaretzi

Tapla

My little princess was peacefully put to sleep on Christmas Eve 2020 after 11 perfect years of being a spoiled little sausage ❤️ Winston is a little bit lost but I’m keeping him busy. They loved each other more than anything in the world and I hope he dotes on his future wife as much as he did...
  2. yaretzi

Pros and cons of a pair/trio

Hello! I haven’t been on here for a long time! Tapla is becoming wobbly in her old age and although the vet feels she’s doing okay she is also completely blind, almost completely deaf, both front feet/ankles are fused with arthritis and now has weak and wobbly back legs as well as preferring to...
  3. yaretzi

Cataract surgery

Does anyone know of any surgeries which do cataract removal, with the replacement of the lens or fluid to enable the bunny to see again? Tapla has recently gone blind in her second eye. She's very happy in the shed where she can find her way around very easily but she is spending almost no time...
  4. yaretzi

Cold laser therapy - experience so far

Winston has severe arthritis covering 8-9 of vertebrae, mostly his lumbar ones. Treatment is obviously quite limited but cold laser therapy was suggested. I found it hard to find much information so I wanted to make a thread that people could find if they search for it! So the standard course...
  5. yaretzi

Claw injury

I feel a bit silly posting about a silly claw injury after everything all my bunnies have been through, but this is the first time in 8 years that anyone has hurt their claw! Winston was in the garden last weekend while I was cleaning out the shed/supervising, and I found him sat somewhere for...
  6. yaretzi

Can I see pictures of your giant bunnies?

I don't see that many pictures of giants on here, anyone want to share? I do love giants so much :love:
  7. yaretzi

New shelf and ramp!

Finished my project to add a shelf and ramp into the rabbit shed! First the shelf went in: Then the ramp went in today! Bit more of the shelf: Winston approves :love:
  8. yaretzi

Amazing 20ft hutch on eBay in Hereford!

I saw this on eBay and thought it looked amazing! I have no need for new housing for my pair and this wouldn't fit anyway but I thought I'd link it because it's pretty impressive! 20ft long hutch! http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/162373391967?_mwBanner=1
  9. yaretzi

Cold laser therapy, and insurers

Winston has been diagnosed with severe arthritis, and apart from painkillers there's not much we can do but my vet did recommend cold laser therapy. I've had a look around and I can't find much info on it. There's a clinic an hour from my that do it, and it will cost approximately £200 for a...
  10. yaretzi

Acupuncture questions!

I've never had acupuncture but Winston has arthritis in his spine, and it has been suggested that acupuncture might help. Through Petplan he has an additional £750 for complementary therapy, on top of the £2000 standard amount, which covers acupuncture, hooray! I have a lot of questions :lol...
  11. yaretzi

Arthritis in the vertebrae of the back...

I adopted Winston about 4 months ago as a boyfriend for Tapla, after losing Nena to a long term battle with a dental abscess. I noticed after about 3 weeks of having him that he is a bit wobbly - sometimes struggles to jump very high, or land where he wants, and the same when jumping down. He...
  12. yaretzi

Winston has suspected liver or stomach torsion

My mom noticed yesterday morning that Winston wasn't very interested in food. She monitored him for a bit under my guidance (I was stuck at work, but would've come home if necessary) and realised he was definitely in pain. She took him to the vet and he was admitted with suspected liver or...
  13. yaretzi

Winston is finding his feet!

It's been about 3 months now since Winston came home and he hasn't been very brave bless him. He's really not very confident at all! He's got muscle wastage/weakness in his back legs and struggled to get down the entire length of the runaround tube, so I've put an extra run in the middle and...
  14. yaretzi

Runaround tubes & muscle wastage in back legs

I've had a runaround setup for 4-5 years and I love it, it's perfect. My recently adopted new boy has some trouble with his back legs - it's a muscle weakness, or old wastage, which means he drags his back legs a little. It is mainly noticeable when he tries to jump anywhere as he sometimes...
  15. yaretzi

Padlocks/combination bolts... general security woes!

Tapla (and her soon-to-be-adopted new boyfriend bunny) have a 6 x 4 shed and a permanently attached 8 x 4 x 3 run, which both have lots of padbolts on. I secure the run with carabiner clips to make it basically impossible for a predator to open, but I have had this ongoing niggle that I probably...
  16. yaretzi

Tapla & her unnamed boyfriend are home!

This gorgeous boy, who will be bonded to Tapla in 2 weeks :love: He is 4 years old, and was neutered a week ago. He was given up for adoption to Windwhistle Warren just less than a month ago. He came in with mites and wasn't neutered or vaccinated and had always been kept as a single...
  17. yaretzi

Kongs for rabbits

Has anyone used a kong for rabbits? I'm thinking of the small one: https://www.viovet.co.uk/Kong_Bird_Ferret_Small_Animal_Toy/c11864/ Tapla is bored since Nena died two weeks ago. I am in the process of adopting a husband for her but I'm keen to make sure she has lots to do in the meantime. I...
  18. yaretzi

Nena

After 3 years and 3 months of fighting a dental abscess, I finally made the decision to put Nena to sleep yesterday 2nd August. She was just under 7 years old. I got Nena and her sister Tapla when they were very young. I was looking on Preloved as I was interested in getting a house bunny at...
  19. yaretzi

Tapla... stasis again... and Nena still dribbling after her dental

Why always them? Nena just has problem after problem related to her abscess, and now Tapla has yet another stasis episode... So exhausted :cry:
  20. yaretzi

New bottle holders!

One of my biggest issues with Nena and Tapla's shed & run setup was how since I changed to the big ezi-filla bottles, everytime I needed to remove the bottle it was such a faff :roll: So I commissioned Daniel on here (Boyle's Pet Housing) to create some bespoke bottle holders for my big big...
Back