• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Bouncing bunnies

Show me your run/aviary

My rabbits each have a 6x4ft aviary attached to the shed but they're all pretty empty atm I have 3 aviaries to give a bit of a makeover so please share pics of your runs and aviaries for some inspiration! I ideally want it to be DIY based (& on the cheap) instead of me spending a fortune and...
  2. Bouncing bunnies

Scabs near eye and mouth UD Back from the vets

My little rabbit appeared with a small scab above her eye, originally just appeared a tad red then progressed, she then developed a very similar scab above her lip. Took her straight to the vets and the vet didn't have a clue what it could be, told me to leave her and if it gets worse contact a...
  3. Bouncing bunnies

Need some advice- pellets

My 12 week old rabbit Dottie weighs 1kg and I'm wondering how much pellets to feed her. I'm not sure of her breed but suspect she is a mini lop x. she's a good hay eater thank goodness but adores her pellets. I'm just a bit unsure if I'm feeding her the right amount. What amount would you all...
  4. Bouncing bunnies

Oops I've done it again...

I'm a sucker for a rabbit in need. I've just taken on another rabbit, meet 11 week old Dottie. (ignore the shavings, shes no longer on them just until she was litter trained which took a record time of 2 days!) She's currently an indoor bun, I was planning on bonding her with one of my...
  5. Bouncing bunnies

recurring eye ulcers

Aurora had ulcers in both her eyes back in april which cleared up after she was put on fusidic eye drops. I noticed her eyes were running again yesterday so off we trotted to the vets this morning, and she has ulcers once again in both eyes and is receiving the same eye drops. Iwas just...
  6. Bouncing bunnies

My happy trio

Iv not been on here for a while and I've been missing RU recently so I thought I'd share some pics of my newly formed trio. I bonded them 2 weeks ago and it was the simplest and easiest bond ever, not what i was expecting from a trio! :D These are the pics from when they were first introduced...
  7. Bouncing bunnies

The buns new 12 x 13 ft shed

Thought I'd share the new shed me and my grandad built this summer, it's 12x13 ft and made of reclaimed wood we had from our old barn that we've converted into the stables. We have totally it up to have costed £190 ish as we bought the doors and a few screws etc but the rest we already had...
  8. Bouncing bunnies

Gale force winds...

Thank god the rabbits moved out of the shed into the new one at the weekend! Look what the wind did today :shock: the shed is screwed down to heavy wood with the 8x4 aviary attached but it went straight over! I dread to think what would have happened had the buns been in it :cry:
  9. Bouncing bunnies

the buns new run! *pic heavy*

Went to a carboot this morning and came back with a new run and toys for the rabbits :D This is the run which came with the trixie house, both for £20! The run is in great condition a little rust on the lid and that's it, the house is a bit chewed but I'm not fussed. The run will only be...
  10. Bouncing bunnies

Somethings tried to get at Humphrey

I'm not sure what's happened but I went outside and the mesh lid of humphreys run was caved in with a huge hole. Luckily he's ok but shook up. Something has obviously jumped on top of the run causing the mesh to dip and break. Iv fixed it as best I could by putting new mesh on and wood across. I...
  11. Bouncing bunnies

Where to get cheap wire netting?

I'm looking for quite a lot of mesh to go around a large run and aviary for the buns but as I need a lot it's hard to find any cheap enough. Iv tried carboots and gumtree, preloved etc. can anyone recommend any places that sell it cheap ?
  12. Bouncing bunnies

Favourite photos of may- please share yours

I thought it might be nice to share each others favourite photos of may as I know quite a lot of people are into photography or if not like taking photos. My 16th birthday cake, I had a mad hatters tea party / BBQ :D Make a wish.... Lucy and Danny sharing :love: Bringing taffy back into...
  13. Bouncing bunnies

We love forage !!!

I must admit I'm addicted to foraging but I don't hear the animals complaining they love it :love: Today's collection: a barrow of mixed grass, sticky weed, nettles, dead nettles and a few other bits and a box of hawthorn The buns enjoying some of their favourites sticky weed and long...
  14. Bouncing bunnies

Thinking of buying this run- what do you think?

Iv been looking for a big run for the buns to go in on the grass and this is the biggest and cheapest I can find http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/85-RABBIT-GUINEA-PLAYPEN-WITH-METAL-ROOF-ENCLOSURE-RUN-/260865747321?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item3cbccf6979 What do you think? I'm aware...
  15. Bouncing bunnies

Taken in a little nethie

Picked this little guy up today, he's only approx 10/11 weeks old according to previous owner. Poor things never seen hay before and only ever had pellets :'(. He's so tiny but not skinny. I'm taking him to the vets next week and will have him neutered when he's old enough. Brought him back and...
  16. Bouncing bunnies

Struggling to bond with my rabbits :(

I feel really bad putting this but I wanted to see if anyone else had felt the same. I've had aurora and ariel for almost a year and love them to bits but I just don't seem to have a bond with them. I spend time with them sitting with them, feeding them but they just seem so distant and ignore...
  17. Bouncing bunnies

The horses tonight... UD post 12

Some action shots of Taffy and Lucy the other three were being boring and just eating grass :roll: Taffy having a roll Then setting off up the paddock And baby Lucy
  18. Bouncing bunnies

Help needed with identifying plants

Been foraging at the new house for the first time today :D and iv found a few plants I'm not sure what they are and whether they're safe for the buns Plant 1 : There's a few of these, grow in bunches and have a soft furry texture Plant 2 : Fern according to my dad, it's covering about...
  19. Bouncing bunnies

Feeding weeping willow ?

There's a huge weeping willow tree in our front garden and I just wanted to check whether its ok to feed the rabbits and whether it needs to dry out or anything. It's slightly more yellowy in colour compared to the willow sticks that you buy No pesticides or anything have been used on it...
  20. Bouncing bunnies

Easter presents ...

My nan knows I'm rabbit mad and bought these for me yesterday :love: Bunny slippers and a top. They're from George ASDA if any wants to know. The tops massive on so Im going to wear it as a pj top :D
Back