• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. SamanthaJane

Bugs in pellets

So just noticed today that there are little bugs in the rabbits pellets, weevils perhaps? I buy in 20kg sacks from Allen and Page and never had this problem before. It is the end of the sack (we kept it decanted into a plastic box, which, now I think about it, had hay in it previously, so that...
  2. SamanthaJane

Ryedale Hutches / Welfare Hutches?

So following on from here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?458778-So-this-bond-has-failed-what-shall-I-do-New-rabbit I need to buy a hutch. A playhouse just won't fit unfortunately, well I don't think it would, unless there are any smaller sizes, but I want the biggest and...
  3. SamanthaJane

So - this bond has failed - what shall I do? New rabbit?

My girls bond broke down a while ago - and we've tried to rebond them. It's not working - I've had to admit defeat. They just won't stop fighting. (Both are spayed). They are 5 years old and house rabbits. Currently one is in the kitchen, the other in the sitting room. This can't continue. My...
  4. SamanthaJane

Going to have to bond them ourselves - please advise

So currently our two, spayed, girls who were previously bonded, live in two separate rooms, but have free range of those rooms. One in the kitchen, one in the sitting room. Today is the day - Binky has chewed the corners on my new sofa and I just have got to get them bonded. I'm tired of having...
  5. SamanthaJane

Really need someone to bond my girls - Manchester/Derbyshire/Cheshire area

My girls, sisters, have always been together, for about 4 years, (spayed, indoor rabbits). About a year ago, maybe a bit longer, one of them because quite poorly and threw off their dynamic. So they started fighting and we weren't able to get them back together. It's getting silly now and I...
  6. SamanthaJane

Anyone online? Not eating.

Hi guys. My bun has ignored her dinner. And every other attempt to get food down her. I've tried carrots banana and dried herb mix. She keeps sitting with her tummy pressed to the floor and then moving again. I think I heard her teeth grinding a bit as well. I am unsure whether to visit the...
  7. SamanthaJane

Bonding required - Midlands / High Peak area

So my two girls who've been together since birth (sisters) fell out a few months ago. Bailey was really poorly and it just made a disaster of their bond. I had to separate them as they wouldn't stop scrapping - I mean full on scrapping. They are currently in two separate rooms - and I'd really...
  8. SamanthaJane

Possible head tilt. U/D running off balance

Hi. I know I've not been around recently but you guys know your stuff and I really hope you can advise. Bailey was off her food last night and today. OH took her in the vets today as we know she is due a dental (her first one) and thought that was what was causing this. However the vet wasn't...
  9. SamanthaJane

Anyone else's buns off their pellets?

My two usually go crazy for their pellets. But (I posted at the time) the new bag of Page and Allen pellets, they aren't interested in. They're the same pellets they have always had. I contacted the company who say they haven't altered the formula. Could it be the heat? They are loving the hay...
  10. SamanthaJane

Have Allen and Page changed the recipe?

The pellets seem smoother and my rabbits don't seem fussed by them this last bag I've had. I only buy a bag probably every 10 months- a year - but they usually go nuts. This new bag, they eat it, but don't seem that fussed - quite often wander off half way through to eat their hay instead.
  11. SamanthaJane

Think Bailey ate a bit of a balloon?

My niece and nephews have been around and a balloon got popped. My sister thought she saw Bailey eat a bit of something bright orange so would have been the balloon. She seems okay, this was about 40 minutes ago. It would've only been a small bit I think. What should I do?
  12. SamanthaJane

Sweet dreams Luna xx

One of the first photo's of Luna I took - it was to be for the advert for her rehoming - taken on the night we collected her and two other hamsters as rescues. They thought she was born in August 2012, but weren't 100% sure - and looking at her and the other two that came with her, she being...
  13. SamanthaJane

Alternative hay

So one of my fosters doesn't eat hay - only realised recently but he ignores it. It is basic farm hay - is he likely to be tempted by another type of hay? Is it worth trying alfafa hay, I know it's not best for adult rabbits but is some hay better than no hay? He is about 2 years old we think...
  14. SamanthaJane

Rabbits marking territory like crazy

Ok, my own fault I know, but the foster rabbits were in the sitting room for the last few days, in a cage as they had their spay so needed to keep them warm and keep an eye on them. I kept my girls in the kitchen, but Bailey managed to get in the other day, and was going crazy marking their...
  15. SamanthaJane

Metcam

Hey, So Ashley and April are back from their spay. All okay :-) I asked the vet for some metacam and she said give 0.3 ml tomorrow morning then once daily. They had some today but I don't know what time - should I give some tonight? They look a bit uncomfortable, Well - not sure if...
  16. SamanthaJane

Which drug post spay?

So my little foster girls have gone in for their spay today. Is it metacam I should be asking for? I know my rabbits weren't given anything when they were spayed and I didn't know to ask for anything, so I want to make sure that we have it if they are likely to need it.
  17. SamanthaJane

So cold. How are your buns keeping warm?

Down to -6. Both if the boys water bottles were frozen solid when I went out this morning. Never seen them do that before :shock:
  18. SamanthaJane

FAO Aly&Poppy (and whoever else!) Luna's wheel

Excuse me sniggering and the festive music. OH was playing a computer game which apparently they are never going to update! http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/CaMaHTa/F5F5965F-AEBA-4890-9C02-561E1260F020-5187-000005CEC9D87BC7_zpsf07acf2f.mp4 Oh would you believe I work in IT and can't...
  19. SamanthaJane

Jealous, Bailey?

'Well if Luna gets a big new fancy house, I am having this!'
  20. SamanthaJane

Do you use bedding for outdoor buns?

I have a trio outdoors. Big six foot hutch with run attached, the usual. I tried putting like you know, bedding stuff, on the floor of the hutch, but most of it ends up being kicked down to the run, or kicked about, leaving bit empty patches. And too be honest, I wouldn't fancy walking about on...
Back