• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. L

Poor rabbit welfare at the Great Yorkshire Show

Just came back from the Great Yorkshire Show. I know I should have stopped myself going into the rabbit shed but couldn't help it. It must have been at least 30 degrees in the room - no ventilation whatsoever. Rabbits in 1ft x 1ft cages, music blaring, etc. A few lucky buns had a small fan to...
  2. L

Ear mites

I'm pretty sure Buddy has ear mites :( I noticed today that he has a thinning patch of hair near the base of his ear along with some flaky skin. In one of his ears you can just about see some brown scaly skin (I know not to pick it off). The vet is closed now but I'm going to get him an...
  3. L

Weed identification help

Could someone identify these weeds and tell me if they are bunny safe? Thanks :wave: 1. 2. 3. 4. Is this one trefoil? Probably not, I'm hopeless at identifying weeds :oops:
  4. L

A few pictures of Buddy

I love my beautiful boy :love: Investigating the table...
  5. L

Buddy is on Disapproving Rabbits!

http://www.disapprovingrabbits.com/ :lol::love:
  6. L

Buddy's new bed

What is dis mummeh? Fluffy! :love: Soo cosy! :D
  7. L

Roo the hamster

Her first time outside :love: Peekaboo! Time for a spot of lunch...
  8. L

Is this okay?

My dad has very kindly offered to build Buddy a new hutch (his current one is a second hand Happy Hutch, and I don't think it will last through the winter). I was thinking a 6ft(L) x 3ft(W) x 2(H) hutch with an attached 6ft x 6ft run which is 54 sq ft. The RWAF guidelines suggest a 6ft x 2ft...
  9. L

Feeling sorry for himself

Poor Buddy has just been to the Plum Fairy, now he's flopped out looking a bit meek, bless him
  10. L

Buddy is home

We brought him home at 4pm after his neuter, the procedure went fine and he didn't seem too grumpy with me :D As soon as he got home he ate a few pellets, drank water, pooed and peed! I'm still keeping a close eye on him He has dissolvable stitches and he is going in for a check up at 9am...
  11. L

Buddy is being neutered tomorrow

..And I'm really worried :( I know he'll probably be fine but I'm such a pessimist! He is going in tomorrow at 9am and we can pick him up at 4pm. I've packed his lunch box with his hay, SS pellets and his favourite greens. His indoor playpen is all set up in my room. Now I'm just sat here...
  12. L

Fly killer strips

I'm looking for those fly killing strips that you can put outside the hutch. I've found three at Homebase but I don't know which is the best/safest - opinions please? 1...
  13. L

Urine stains on fur

Just now I noticed that Buddy has pale yellow urine stains on the inside of his hind legs. His litter tray is cleaned daily. I'm just really worried since with the hot weather coming it could lead to flystrike :? Is there anything I can do to clean it off? Or could there be an underlying problem?
  14. L

Buddy's Dinner

I DEMAND FOODZ! Nom, basil :love: Buddy enjoyed his dinner of parsley, basil, carrots, a bit of curly kale and a few blueberries :D
  15. L

Buddy's Ear Dilemma

Where have your ears gone Buddy?! There's one! All better :lol:
  16. L

Neutering Questions :)

Hi, Buddy is getting neutered next month and I have a few questions - 1. How long should I keep him inside for after the op? He is normally an outdoor bun :wave: 2. Should I limit his space? If so, by how much? I've heard too much space can cause the wound to open up. I have a playpen that he...
  17. L

What are these poos?

I checked Buddy's littertray and I noticed several of these really small and dark poops: They are very hard and solid all the way through. The rest of his poops are lovely, big and golden - he has been eating plenty of hay and drinking plenty of water. He hasn't had any pellets today (he gets...
  18. L

Guess what I saw this morning!

I came out this morning to give Buddy his breakfast as usual, but when I approached his hutch I noticed next-door neighbours cat lying next to his run with Buddy on the other side... I immediately panicked and my heart went into my mouth, but when I got a little closer I saw that they were...
  19. L

For those who have had their buns neutered at Holly House

A bit of a specific question, I know :oops: But I'm pretty sure that there's a few people on here who have had their buns neutered at Holly House in Leeds (http://www.hollyhousevets.co.uk/), and I'm just wondering how much it cost there. Buddy is due for his neuter next month so I was wondering...
  20. L

Does thunder scare your buns?

I've had to take Buddy inside for a while since the thunder scares him silly, bless him. :( I've had to close all the windows but he still freaks out whenever he hears some thunder. I'm hoping the storm will go away since my mum probably won't let him stay inside overnight... Do any of your...
Back