• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Joanne Jenkinson

Neighbour has a rabbit from Pets at Home in unsuitable housing

Hi all! Worried about rabbit that my neighbour got this week. She told me last week she was getting a rabbit for her 5 year old. I went through all the pros and cons with her, put a rabbit welfare leaflets through her door. Offered her to come see my set up. She's clearly ignored everything...
  2. Joanne Jenkinson

New partner for bereaved rabbit

Hi all! I had to have one if my rabbit PTS on Monday just gone. He has left behind his litter mate brother. I let his brother have a couple of hours with the body before removing it and he's been normal all week, eating, drinking, pooing. No change in him at all. I've put him in the garden today...
  3. Joanne Jenkinson

What steps to take when one bun dies and leaves another behind

Hi all! Haven't been on here for a while. My lovely Casper was diagnosed with cancer in September, he had a tumour removed but it had spread and about a month later two more tumours appeared. I have been giving palliative care to him ever since but today I had to make the hard decision to PTS...
  4. Joanne Jenkinson

Reoccurence of tumour :(

Hi all, not been on here for a while. My rabbit Casper had a tumour removed from the base of his ear in July and when they operated it had spread to a lymph node in his cheek area. They removed that too. The lump was sent away to be analysed and it came back malignant. Vet said not much else...
  5. Joanne Jenkinson

Megacolon Syndrome?

Hi all Need some advice re one of my mini lops. Over about 4/5 months ago he started to pass mucus in his poo. It was not much so I didn't worry too much about it. It got worse of over the months and I took him to vets who were not helpful. They put him on Fibreplex and it didn't help. In...
  6. Joanne Jenkinson

Bonding female with existing male pair - Is it possible?

Hi there. I just wondered if anyone had any opinions/guidance on bonding a female with my existing bonded brothers. Is it possible? Or am I being a completed idiot? I have a foster bunny at the moment and I have fallen in love with her, struggling to give her up. She needs to be spayed, she...
  7. Joanne Jenkinson

Help! Bonded brothers fighting!

Hi all I am after some advice as am a bit concerned. My two boys who are brothers and have been together since birth have started to fight. I thought it might be because I have started to foster for a rescue and wondered if that may have set them off, they have fought once since I started...
  8. Joanne Jenkinson

Running Great North Run in aid of Fat Fluffs Rabbit Rescue!

Hi all On 15 September I will be running Great North Run in the hope of raising some funds for Fat Fluffs Rabbit Rescue! If anyone would like to sponsor my run (any amount however small is gratefully received) then please visit my fundraising page...
  9. Joanne Jenkinson

Breeding rabbits - so annoyed!

My son has just come home from school saying a teaching assistant announced in their science class that she breeds rabbits and she has lots of baby ones if anyone wants any!! Makes me so mad! She is obviously thinking she can cash in on as its christmas!!! Bet by January those poor babies are...
  10. Joanne Jenkinson

Poo question

Hi all Got a poo question. I am so very careful about what I give Casper and Charlie to eat as have had tummy problems in the past. Their staple diet is unlimited amounts of hay and an eggcupful of Bunny Basics pellets in the morning to share. They don't have any veg apart from fresh herbs...
  11. Joanne Jenkinson

Boarding gone wrong

Am v depressed about my boarding lady. Have used her for two years and she started out really good, but think she is overstretching herself now and stuffing more and more hutches into her tiny garden, thinking of profit rather than welfare. When I first started boarding with her she only took...
  12. Joanne Jenkinson

Squaring up to fight or just playing!?

Casper and Charlie have had some funny behaviour the last two days. When I put them in their big run in the garden they are fine but then they start to chase each other (not really aggressive) and then they both seem to be nudging each other's bums, this is usually followed by one of them...
  13. Joanne Jenkinson

Casper update

He seems like he is doing well now. He will not have his critical care. Have managed to get about two drops down him and most of the rest all over me and my son!!! I will try again later. However, I sprinked some dried dandelion over some fresh hay and he nearly had my hand off in...
  14. Joanne Jenkinson

Help!! Casper not looking very well

He was fine this morning, ate his pellets, had some herbs at lunch and went to let them out into the garden about 30 mins ago and he is not himself. He keeps lying down, he is cleaning himself but not interested in anything I offer him to eat. Not even grass or treats that he normally wolfs...
  15. Joanne Jenkinson

Casper and Charlie - Not going out!

Casper and Charlie will NOT be going out in the snow today. The door was left open for them, they sniffed it and then went back in! My OH says I make them too comfortable in their shed!! :lol: I kind of got dirty looks from them - "You want us to step in that cold white stuff - are you mad!"...
  16. Joanne Jenkinson

Casper and Charlie are nuts!

As the title says, not sure what is going on but they have been a little bit nuts today! More than usual!! Charlie binkying round the run this afternoon missed his footing and fell in the litter tray!!! :lol: Very funny to see (he was fine, not hurt just embarassed I think!!) Casper, tonight...
  17. Joanne Jenkinson

Casper & Charlie just chilling and looking cute

Casper chilling Charlie Munching grass Chilling together Everyone squeeze in the litter tray This was taken ages ago when they used to have a hutch in their shed, this was all they ever did with it, lay on top of it, they never went inside, it has since been disposed of!
  18. Joanne Jenkinson

After last week when vet said Charlie had a 50/50 chance of surviving..............

this afternoon I have been sitting watching him racing round and round the garden! You wouldn't think that last Monday he was a sorry little bun in pain and the vet saying best thing would be to operate and if we didn't operate then if he didn't pull through with meds and fluids then it would...
  19. Joanne Jenkinson

Help!! Had to take Charlie to emergency vet last night!! Had an awful night! UPDATE

Hi all. Had to dash Charlie to the emergency vet last night as he was not himself at all, just sitting hunched, grinding teeth, eyes closed. Not good, he had been fine all day, a bit quieter than he normally is but wasn't worried. Then went to put them to bed at 10 last night and he clearly...
  20. Joanne Jenkinson

My bunnies constantly amaze me!

Just been to the shed to check on Casper and Charlie and close their window as it is pouring here and windy! found they had moved their fleece blanket from one end of the shed to the other, near to their doorway into the run, and were both sitting on it cosied up fast asleep! It was all neatly...
Back