• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Joanne Jenkinson

Neighbour has a rabbit from Pets at Home in unsuitable housing

Thanks guys. Pets at home not interested. They've had their money so it's basically not their problem I think. Tried talking to neighbour again and offering hay. She basically told me to mind my own business. So sad
  2. Joanne Jenkinson

Neighbour has a rabbit from Pets at Home in unsuitable housing

Hi all! Worried about rabbit that my neighbour got this week. She told me last week she was getting a rabbit for her 5 year old. I went through all the pros and cons with her, put a rabbit welfare leaflets through her door. Offered her to come see my set up. She's clearly ignored everything...
  3. Joanne Jenkinson

Fat Fluffs needs your help

the plans changed for the bunny barn when they couldn't find land to build on. They bought a new home for themselves with a large garden. They are building 9 largish sheds with pens attached in the garden and a garden office. It looks like one of the neighbours has spread rumours to other...
  4. Joanne Jenkinson

Fat Fluffs needs your help

Apparently they've had a lot of neighbours putting in complaints objecting to the rescue being set up on the garden
  5. Joanne Jenkinson

New partner for bereaved rabbit

Thanks everyone. I feel like its the right thing to do for him. So fingers crossed the bonding goes well.
  6. Joanne Jenkinson

New partner for bereaved rabbit

Hi all! I had to have one if my rabbit PTS on Monday just gone. He has left behind his litter mate brother. I let his brother have a couple of hours with the body before removing it and he's been normal all week, eating, drinking, pooing. No change in him at all. I've put him in the garden today...
  7. Joanne Jenkinson

New Rabbits - help please!

I had two boys (brothers from the same litter), I neutered them immediately they had a little scuffle. But I got them done both at the same time and I never separated them as there was no animosity between them at all. They have lived happily for 5 years since. Unfortunately I lost one of them...
  8. Joanne Jenkinson

What steps to take when one bun dies and leaves another behind

So sorry you lost Bramble. It is heartbreaking. I am so upset but my 11 year old has sobbed all day. so that's heartbreaking too. I will def get him a friend as he has never been without Casper.
  9. Joanne Jenkinson

Yes I will get him a friend soon. I've made him as cosy as possible tonight outside, it's not too cold tonight so that's good too!
  10. Joanne Jenkinson

Thank you Jane! It's so heartbreaking to make that final decision. I have a heat pad and I'll dig out a toy and see if he will have it, he has a fleece blanket that he doesn't chew but he can be a bit awkward about new things! LOL I'll fill his hay beds up.
  11. Joanne Jenkinson

Thank you all for your lovely messages. I love these bunnies more than anything and to lose Casper was just awful. I felt awful having to make that decision this morning but he couldn't eat or drink himself and he was existing rather than living his life. His little spark had gone and he...
  12. Joanne Jenkinson

Hi all! Haven't been on here for a while. My lovely Casper was diagnosed with cancer in September, he had a tumour removed but it had spread and about a month later two more tumours appeared. I have been giving palliative care to him ever since but today I had to make the hard decision to PTS...
  13. Joanne Jenkinson

Reoccurence of tumour :(

Thank you both! Vet says to keep an eye on it this week. He said it might be an absess or it might possibly be another tumour. Hard to say but he said to just watch it for a week.
  14. Joanne Jenkinson

Thank you so much for your reply Jane! You have made me feel so much better about it all. Will see what happens and whatever does happen, he will have the best care from me. He's such a lovely little thing, breaks my heart. He's fine in himself at the moment, very happy with his brother, so...
  15. Joanne Jenkinson

Hi all, not been on here for a while. My rabbit Casper had a tumour removed from the base of his ear in July and when they operated it had spread to a lymph node in his cheek area. They removed that too. The lump was sent away to be analysed and it came back malignant. Vet said not much else...
  16. Joanne Jenkinson

Megacolon Syndrome?

Thanks for your advice. It's so tricky trying to find out what works for him and what doesn't. I have changed vets twice as the previous vets were not helpful and quite rude to me. This vet is really nice and I think he would investigate further for me if I asked.
  17. Joanne Jenkinson

Megacolon Syndrome?

Thanks for your advice! Casper is a mini lop white with orange patches He doesn't seem to drink that much so am trying to encourage him to drink more. Have put a bowl of water in with him as well as his usual bottle. It;s so tricky trying to keep his weight up without aggravating the problem
  18. Joanne Jenkinson

Megacolon Syndrome?

Hi Jane! Thanks for your advice. I have some fibafirst and I wil get some pro-fibre pellets for Casper too. I will also ask the Vet to do some diagnostics. I feel so bad for poor little Casper I want to do all I can to help him.
  19. Joanne Jenkinson

Megacolon Syndrome?

Hi Jane! No Vet just said like Crohns disease in humans, can't do anything, just have to try and manage it! I feed him Science Selective but he has half an eggcup of them a day. Haven't tried removing grass, he goes on the grass in his run. He is losing weight slowly. His coat is ok he...
  20. Joanne Jenkinson

Megacolon Syndrome?

Hi all Need some advice re one of my mini lops. Over about 4/5 months ago he started to pass mucus in his poo. It was not much so I didn't worry too much about it. It got worse of over the months and I took him to vets who were not helpful. They put him on Fibreplex and it didn't help. In...
Back