• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. FarplaceRescue

Gut Stasis after dental

Gizmo was a light brown / caramel coloured boy, aged 3yrs. He had been in rescue for 2 years, and was castrated and fully vaccinated. He was bonded to a sweet little girl about his age. He had always had dental problems, and the vets tended to just clip them, but I felt it was better for him...
  2. FarplaceRescue

Rabbit losing weight

I have a lion-lop doe called Twinkle who is losing weight. She has a constantly wet tail, and odd poos. Not got a pic at the moment, but the poo is large and misformed. Not ceacotrophs. She has seen vet today who has prescribed baytril in case there is an infection, and also given...
  3. FarplaceRescue

dental bun and caecotrophs

I have a mini lop boy who has had his front teeth removed. We have had him at the rescue for a couple of months now after he came in with flystrike (thankfully it was caught in time). There are always a lot of caecotrophs in his home. He tends to use his litter tray for proper poops, but the...
  4. FarplaceRescue

new rabbit hutch

We have recently bought this 8foot x 6foot hutch mainly for housing giant rabbits. If we have no giants in at the rescue, it will be home to pairs or trios of smaller rabbits. this is it under construction: And the complete hutch (with one of the guys who made it)
  5. FarplaceRescue

Encephalitozoon cuniculi

My disabled rabbit has this evening developed a head tilt and has had a small seizure. she already has no control over her back legs and has eye problems. i am wondering if she has E.C although we were told it was arthritis. she is a french lop aged 2yrs
  6. FarplaceRescue

disabled rabbit.... wheels??

I have just taken in a french lop female aged 2 yrs. she has arthritis in back legs, and possible neurological problems. apart from this she is in good health. We are wondering about wheels for her to aid mobility. does anyone have experience or comments? Jan
  7. FarplaceRescue

giant rabbit with arthritis

\i have been asked to take in a giant french lop female 2yrs old with arthritis. it is bad in back right and is showing signs in back left. currently on metacam. If i take this girl, does any one have advice please? Jan
  8. FarplaceRescue

Goodbye BB....

Im brokenhearted. My flemish giant girl BB (bigbun) who was my personal companion, has gone to the rainbow bridge after a tragic accident. She had the run of 3 rooms of the house. She chased the cats, nibbled any available paperwork, and generally lived life to the full. She was a...
  9. FarplaceRescue

Sad start to the new year

This evening we were told of a giant rabbit who had been found abandoned in a layby at the side of the road. The family who found him brought him to us - a beautiful cream coloured french lop boy. He had very sore eyes, weeping puss. He also had fleas. We rushed him to the vets, who...
  10. FarplaceRescue

possibly pregnant rex bunny

I have taken in a rescue bunny - a 18 week old female rex. She has been kept with her 2 brothers prior to me taking her in. She has a swollen tummy and prominant teats. I am assuming she is pregnant.... I have been told that the rex gene is a fatal gene... and that a mating between a...
  11. FarplaceRescue

house rabbit chewing carpet - help needed

A friend in London has 2 rabbits. He has had his female bun for a few years. Recently he has adopted a neutered male for a companion for her, and with a little support he has managed to bond them. However, this new boy is destroying the carpet. He has tried chew-stop (on advice from his...
  12. FarplaceRescue

Beautiful Snowy xxx

I was only privileged to care for you for such a short while. You were such a friendly cuddly boy. I was certain of a happy future for you my friend. You were dumped on us by owners who were moving house. But you were such a joy. You started on your vaccination course on the day you arrived...
  13. FarplaceRescue

Beautiful Snowy xxx

I was only privileged to care for you for such a short while. You were such a friendly cuddly boy. I was certain of a happy future for you my friend. You were dumped on us by owners who were moving house. But you were such a joy. You started on your vaccination course on the day you arrived...
  14. FarplaceRescue

Rabbit too fat to clean himself - HELP

William came in last week with his wifebun Anita. Both are overweight, but William is so tubby that he can't keep himself clean. I am having to wash his botty daily, as he has lots of sticky poo. I am not sure what their previous diet was, as these 2 rabbits were basically dumped on me, but I...
  15. FarplaceRescue

The New Boy

This guy was brought to the sanctuary this morning by people who were moving house today and had nowhere for the rabbit. :roll: We are full, but when they said their only option was the vet for PTS I took him in. He's castrated and very friendly. He has been checked over by a vet this...
  16. FarplaceRescue

2 bunnies dumped

These 2 rabbits arrived here this afternoon, with the comment "Theres Always The Moors". we are full, but I took them in. 1 castrated male, aged about 2yrs, and an unspayed female (about same age) I was told they were vaccinated, but the guy had not got certificates. he says he will post them...
  17. FarplaceRescue

Home Available for female lop bunny - South Shields

I have spoken to a lady today who is looking to adopt a female lop rabbit, preferably 12-24 months old, as a companion for her neutered male. Rabbit will spend a lot of time indoors, and with some outdoor time in good weather. Her current male is fully vaccinated. She would prefer a spayed...
  18. FarplaceRescue

Doris from Halfpenny Farm Sanctuary

Rest in Peace Doris the Sheep. Aged about 15 yrs. Died today after an illness. Hugs for halfpenny farm xxxx
  19. FarplaceRescue

Zoe Prickles

One of the 4 hedgehogs overwintering here at Farplace has been helped to the Bridge. Little Zoe came in 6 weeks ago with lungworm. She was treated with panacur and seemed to make a good recovery. But she lost weight - was 330gms when she arrived. Was 300gms yesterday. She had stopped eating...
  20. FarplaceRescue

Adhesions after spaying

Hope was spayed in mid-December. Within 24 hours she was back at the vets as she was not eating. She was given pain relief and meds to help her gut, and was syring fed. She started eating / pooing within a couple of days. However, on Christmas day she refused her supper, and hasn't eaten...
Back