• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

I feel like such a bad bun mum :(

I'm just back from the vet having taken Roxy and Gingersnap for their vaccs. Gingersnap went first as he is so laid back he's horizontal. He just sat there while the vet checked him over, weighed him and did the jab then wandered back to his carrier. Roxy has nethie in her so is naturally more...
  2. S

Roxy and Gingersnap

I very rarely post pics of my lovely bunnies, so here are some today, just because :D The lovely Miss Roxy and her handsome husbun Gingersnap from BARC :love:
  3. S

Is there any better sound....

.... than the sound of two buns tucking into the first tray full of hay from a brand new bag? Love it!
  4. S

Offer of bunny transport Glasgow to Peterborough this weekend

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to put this or if it's even of any use to anyone. I will be travelling from the Glasgow area to Peterborough on Thursday or Friday and back on Monday. My route will take me M74-A66-A1 or I can go M74-M6-A14. Just wondered if it would be helpful in a...
  5. S

Impressed with my vet - rabbit care day.

Came home and found a message on the answer phone inviting Roxy and Gingersnap to a rabbit care awareness day for a free health check and half price vaccs. Fab idea, very impressed!
  6. S

What does DOM stand for?

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but what does DOM stand for on a bag of hay? I see it on the back of the Bob Martin hay I occasionally buy from the supermarket and assumed it was Date Of Mowing. However, I looked at the bags today and the DOM was 14/01, surely they can't be mowing...
  7. S

Uh-oh, Gingersnap ain't happy

Had to take Gingersnap to the vet as he has the sneezes and I wanted it checked out. Turns out everything is ok thank goodness, but oh boy, he is not a happy chappy :shock: This is normal, cheeky, happy Gingersnap.... This is 'I am not amused that you plonked me in a carrier and took me...
  8. S

Can buns chew on fire kindling?

Does anyone know what kind of wood is used for the net bags of kindling you can buy? I saw some on sale at the supermarket and wondered if it would be any good as an occasional alternative to the usual willow/apple sticks? I've searched the net but when you put rabbits and kindling into a...
  9. S

You know boredom breakers don't work....

.... when you decide to treat your buns and you spend a fiver on this - only for it to go to this - in less than 10 minutes :shock: But boy did they enjoy it :D
  10. S

Roxy and Gingersnap

A few pics of my buns :love: Mr Ginger Snap Mrs Roxy Snap Giz a kiss Mrs :love: Right, that's quite enough of that Mr, sleepy time :lol: Well ok then, but must say my prayers first
  11. S

Gingersnap is pleased to announce....

That Ms Roxy has agreed to be his lawful wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward Mr and Mrs Snap will celebrate their marriage with copious amounts of hawthorn, blackberry and raspberry leaves :love::love:
  12. S

Rabbit digging at her partner?

We are on day 4 of bonding Roxy and Gingersnap and everything is going really well - chasing has stopped completely and we have lots of mutual grooming and snuggling together. However, when Roxy was last grooming Gingersnap, she cleaned round his eyes and ears, all the usual stuff, but then...
  13. S

Oh my, we are bonding Roxy and Gingersnap...

Ooh! Some grooming going on, Gingersnap is cleaning Roxy's ears for her :love:
  14. S

I am sooo excited!

15. S

Ouch! Who knew hay could be so painful?

16. S

Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care - Glasgow

17. S

Bunny manicure - wish me luck!

Today I will be attempting to trim Miss Roxy's nails for the first time :shock: Until now, she has had them done when she's been at the vet, but a 60min round trip and £10 for trimming doesn't make sense when I can do it myself. I bought some scissor type clippers yesterday so today is the day...
  18. S

Bunny first aid kit?

I'm sure I've seen a list somewhere of useful 'bunny first aid' items to have to hand just in case but now that I would like to set one up, I can't find it anywhere :? What would you have in your bunny first aid kit?
Back