• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. F

An update on Romeo

Romeo's Ready For A New Home Folks, Just wanted to give you another wee update on Romeo. He had his last checkup at the vets today and has been given the all clear now. His leg will always be a little weaker than the "healthy" one, but muscle tone and strength is coming back now and the vet...
  2. F

Rejected by rescues...

Hi, Just happened across this post in a rare search through the forums - sorry we don't have a lot of time to spend on the forum. I'm quite upset to find out that we've overlooked this enquiry. It is most unlike us, especially for adoptions, and has most certainly not been intentional. We...
  3. F

Rabbit rescue in Aberdeen.

Bunnies have settled in well. We gave them a wee bit of run time after their long journey before settling them into their beds for the night. We'll post some photos on our Facebook/site probably tomorrow now, and we will make an effort to keep folk on the forum up to date too. Should anyone...
  4. F

Just Been to collect A 12 Week old Continental Giant

Hi, We quite often get Giants into our rescue - this year alone we've rehomed 12 through the service, and another one is currently with us on reserve. I know Buddies have had one or two too. They really aren't as rare in the rescues as they once were, which is quite a sad sign really. As for...
  5. F

Free Scavenger Hunt Fun for Rabbit Awareness Week

You can now play our Binky Hunt scavenger hunt, an excellent family fun activity, for free JUST FOR FUN! Unfortunately, due to a significant lack of participants, we do not feel it would be viable to run Binky Hunt as a competition. We are therefore withdrawing the competition. We still have...
  6. F

Rabbit Awareness Week - BinKy Hunt Scavenger Hunt You Can Play In Your OWN Local Area

Unfortunately, due to a significant lack of participants, we do not feel it would be viable to run Binky Hunt as a competition. We are therefore withdrawing the competition. We still have the prize available and will consider an alternative fundraiser competition in the near future...
  7. F

Just Been to collect A 12 Week old Continental Giant

Hi, A Giant Conti who's ears are flopping? Would make me a little suspicious as to whether there was something else in the mix?!?! Hopefully just cause he's so young though. I am a big Conti fan - we now have 4 of our Contis, and currently have one in the rescue service (already reserved for...
  8. F

Rabbit Awareness Week - BinKy Hunt Scavenger Hunt You Can Play In Your OWN Local Area

No worries. Register to play now, paying your £5 registration fee via Paypal link on our website On Saturday morning you'll receive an email with the scavenger list Throughout the weekend, find the items on the list in your local area (or where ever you are spending time) Take photos of your...
  9. F

We thought it might encourage you to join in if we give you an example of the kind of thing you'll find in our Binky Hunt. So, without spoiling the game, here's an example item: Visit your local pet store/supplies store. We want you to demonstrate in a photograph that nuggets are better than...
  10. F

Hi all, we really need your help to drum up some support for this. We think it will be a lot of fun, and have invested a lot of time and money in it. So far, not enough people have registered to make the competition viable. Please help! Either sign up your team today, or please let others...
  11. F

What do you put under a shed as a base ?

We're getting terminology confused I think. Garden Buildings Direct have an economy base (not Eco Base as a brand). Their economy base is just a cheap floor. I've not bought it, but from the description it sounds like Chipboard flooring,
  12. F

Rescues, re- introduce yourselves.

Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care My wife Feona & I run Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care in Glasgow, covering a very wide area of West Central Scotland. When we started the rescue, in December 2010, our landlord wouldn't allow us to have any more rabbits other than our 3 pets, but we saw there was such a...
  13. F

We got our sheds from Garden Buildings Direct. We didn't buy the floors though - built them myself as it was cheaper and I'd imagine better quality. I would strongly suggest not to go eco base. Its basically Chipboard and I'd give it a couple of years before it would be rotten. As an aside...
  14. F

We were going to go concrete slabs under ours, but at around 32' x 10' the cost and time to do it was too much (we needed the shed up and running asap). We went with a strong wooden frame, supported in place using short posts dug deep into the ground and a wooden floor. It won't last quite as...
  15. F

Following feedback from people who could not participate in our Binky Hunt due to other commitments we have made a couple of amendments to our competition rules. To give more people an opportunity to join in, we've changed the starting time on Saturday to 10:00 BST, and you will now have until...
  16. F

Male neutering for older bun ??

Hi, We have neutered a number of older rabbits without any issues. Your vet will likely tell you, rightly so, that an older rabbit may take longer to recover from neutering, and may have an adverse reaction to the aneasthetic. However, in our experience the risk is no greater for older...
  17. F

Rabbit rescue in Aberdeen.

No need to apologise - its what we're here for ;-) As long as we have a clear note of anything that has or needs done for each of the ones when they arrive we'll sort everything out for them. If there's anything we could be doing in the meantime to help out (from a far) let me know.
  18. F

How Many Rescues Bond Non-Rescue Bunnies When Asked?

If the conditions the rabbits are being kept in meet our criteria, we'd bond regardless of where they went to. We would lay it on pretty thick about why pet shop rabbits are making the situation worse for everyone though. If the setup didn't meet our requirement, we'd look to work with them to...
  19. F

Legally, most paper work used by rescues doesn't have a chance. It's more of a "gentleman's agreement" than anything, as there are virtually no legal support in place for a rescue situation. We cannot ever enforce the return of an adopted animal (legally) - best we can do is hope people think...
  20. F

Disclaimer is an interesting one though - never needed so far thankfully, but would be interested to see any example disclaimers others use.
Back