• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Help with bonding plan??

Great, thank you, I will try skipping the car journey part and just go straight to the pen and will definitely put down soft and waterproof layers on the floor too. I'm thinking if I then have a new cage set up in the attic they can eventually move into there together, continue living in the...
  2. B

Help with bonding plan??

Hi, I am planning on bonding my two buns in a few weeks time and I just wanted to put my plans out there so anyone with experience can let me know if it sounds good or not!!! My boy Bubs (3 yrs old and neutered at 7 months) lives downstairs in the study but has full run of downstairs when he's...
  3. B

Cylap reactions

Limp gone in a week Just wanted to update this post to confirm that it took just over a full week for Dolly's leg to get back to normal. Her limp was much better by about day 6 but the swelling didn't go down fully til day 8. It was only once she got back to jumping on the bed etc that I...
  4. B

Cylap reactions

Thanks so much for the reply, to know it may last a week really helps as in most cases they seemed to say 2 days. I will sort my profile to show pics of my two asap :). Will also re-post if and when her limp goes and will just continue spending as much time with her as possible. She is new to...
  5. B

Cylap reactions

Not a little limp My bun Dolly has developed a limp 24 hours after the jab and is still suffering, she looks really uncomfortable, I've been reading so much about the so called VHD limp that it seems far too much of a coincidence for it not to be that and I'm just praying it will go away in the...
  6. B

Cylap Vaccine

experiencing the VHD Limp Another unlucky Dolly it seems, but I adopted Dolly a few weeks ago and have had her vaccinated myx a few weeks ago and then VHD on Wednesday. My other bun bubs has had Cylap before and was fine, perhaps a little withdrawn for a day but nothing major. Dolly though...
  7. B

Help with Stasis

Hi, just wanted to post an update on Pie. She was much more lively this morning, started eating and pooping a bit too, she hasn't drunk much but then had the fluid therapy so was pumped full of liquid! Vet was happy her tummy was much softer today but gave her more fluid and we need to run the...
  8. B

Help with Stasis

We have been given Baytril Oral to give twice daily and Liquid Paraffin BP to give four times daily. She isn't tempted even by parsley at the moment but I will be persistent with it. She is an indoor bun so is nice and warm inside with us to keep her company. She had an x-ray at the vets not...
  9. B

Help with Stasis

Thanks so much for all the speedy responses. I did think it might be the fluid still under the skin, it wasn't there til we got back. She was given pain killer at the vet but won't eat much other than the odd piece of hay. Vet doesn't open again til 2pm tomorrow so will take her down then and...
  10. B

Help with Stasis

Hi, my rabbit Pie is unwell, we went to the vet tonight and she has Stasis for the second time :(. He gave her fluid therapy and laxatives but since she's been home there's been no poop. Since getting home she also has what looks like a sack (potentially of the liquid from the therapy?), it's...
Back