• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. T

How many members..

Our shed has the same lock as the backdoor, so I can lock them up when I'm away or when I'm asleep.
  2. T

Cat flaps - any buns got stuck in one?

Her catflap also did go forwards and backwards. The owner of the bun, who I'd be telling about thought he went through it and than changed his mind and wanted to go back. But with his head allready being on one side and the rest on the other side, and by pulling to the back his head got stuck in...
  3. T

Unneutered male with neutered female - advice needed

First of all, I'm glad you put the history down, for it helps. When he humps her he will bite the neck to hold on to her. That's normal for a buck that is trying to mate. Eventaly I think she would be anoyed with this behaviour and maybe even bite back. Which isn't all that bad, but it can...
  4. T

Baby bun gone to the bridge.

It's always hard to lose a dear bun, but a bun who's live had just begun... That's just plain hard... I'm very sorry for your loss.
  5. T

Disinfecting a hutch

This I didn't know. In Holland dettol is recomanded, but I am going to spread the word out in Holland!
  6. T

I must say, I have the same horrified ideas about those catflaps. Aspecialy now, that I have read this on a dutch forum.
  7. T

Dental/bladder issue- casper

Terrible... :cry: The problem is a bit bigger than I thought. Is there an option to cut/drill the molar in little pieces before trying to take it out? Pain free or risk of losing him, I really don't know what I would do if I was you... Again, all the luck for Casper.
  8. T

May I present to you...

Clever! I hope your buns only destruct their toys and not your lovely hutch! What a mess!
  9. T

Dental/bladder issue- casper

Little poor Casper. I see your dilemma. Does he still eat anyway? 'Cause when he still eats, I think you can better treat him as soon as posible, now he's got any strenght left. For when he's not eating well, his strenght also decrease. So the GA will be even more dangerous. Real dilemma... I...
  10. T

What do you do with your rabbit waste?

I know that around here there are small provincial vegetable gardens and the owners use all sorts of compost, sometimes also from buns. But I throw my buns waste in the bin.
  11. T

How can you tell if a rabbit is at a healthy weight?

I agree, you should feel them, but with a little bit and carefull 'pressure' (i'm not sure that's the word I really mean). If you feel the ribs very clear, your bun is a bit thin. If you have to search for the ribs, your bun is a bit to heavy.
  12. T

Best way to clean...

A bit water in the sink, bun in there and clean carefully his hind with one hand and the other holding him. Make sure he's dry before you put him back, aspecially if he's an outside bun.
  13. T

Bunny Name Plate

Wauw, nice name plate Prettylupin! Love the ears on the "O's" :lol:
  14. T

Neighbours complaining?

Nice people, but I don't really think your buns are the real reason for them to be moving out. Maybe she had a bad day and everything and everyone around was bad that day. Buns always have a smell around them, I think it smells just fine, love the smell of fresh hay. But some people don't like...
  15. T

Metal runs- rusting?

Indeed, I think it's not very save anymore. Also if the bars are very rusty, they aren't that strong anymore. Maybe you can reinforce them with some ply wood? It may also protect your buns from chewing at the bars.
  16. T

May I present to you...

I'm in love with your hutch!:love: A hutch like that is my dream housing. (sorry if it's asked before) But what do you have on the walls, that wood-like within the hutch?
  17. T

Bunny Name Plate

Why not make it yourself? Get a piece of wood, paint the base and than paint the name on it. Very simple and very affective. Also you can make something on your PC, print it and than laminate it.
  18. T

Disinfecting a hutch

Do you have Dettol in the UK? That is what we use here in Holland. Also we use (cleaning) vinegar, it also helps to remove the crystal from the bunny-pee. Just let it rest for a wile, and than you can remove the stain with a cloth. It's also very handy for the toilets aswell.
  19. T

I've read once on a dutch forum that there was a bun got stuck in a catflap. The flap was made out of hard plastic (I'm not sure which your talking about). She found her bun struggling to got backwards, but that didn't work, for he should be moving forewards to got free. She got rid of the...
  20. T

For all those who feed SS

I keep it in an airtight barrel for almost 6 months. It's stays very crispy that way ;) The costs here in Holland is €47,- I have no idea how much that is in English £
Back