• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. I

Bonding an elderly boy into a trio - pointers

Hello all, We very sadly lost one of our bonded pair of boys last week and we are looking to get some companionship for his partner who is very sad without his husbun. Philip is an older boy (10) with some mobility issues due to having spondylosis (he is on Loxicom long term for this), he can...
  2. I

Rabbit Evening at the D1ck vet, Edinburgh 31st August :)

31st August :thumb: Rabbit Haemorragic Disease: The New Threat And Gut Stasis: medical or surgical management? :)
  3. I

Forgotten feet (sleeping in odd position)

Sometimes our boy MJ seems to forget about his back feet when he's been cleaning, and just leaves them sticking out and maybe has a wee snooze. Its a relatively recent thing to leave his leg that far out, as far as I'm aware. He has no mobility issues, he's very active (fast, binkies, can...
  4. I

Underweight bun, not eating. UD still not eating after 24hrs

Hi All, I hope someone can offer advice. MJ is a 5-6yr neutered male, we've had him for 3.5yrs. We adopted him as a friend for our bun Temperance, it was very much love at first sight. No bonding required and they were very close. MJ was always an extremely active, confident, outgoing who was...
  5. I

Bonding - mutual grooming - can they be let out to play together?

We adopted a new bun (Philip) at the weekend for our existing bun (MJ) who lost his wifebun last month. New bun came home on Sunday and they've been getting sessions in the bonding pen (2'x2'). We initially set the bonding pen up in the bathroom. Initially we had both of them requesting...
  6. I

how long to leave them? quite urgent

hi I have just had to have my girlie bun pts. it was mostly unexpected, we only found out yesterday. Our vet came here so she didn't have the stress of another car trip and could be at home. Her husbun has not taken much interest in her today (which is unusual, they are normally very devoted)...
  7. I

Snugglesafes on Amazon prime deals

You have to have amazon prime but you can get a free trial, snugglesafes £10.42 + free postage. Checked on ebay and its a few £'s cheaper than any I saw on there. Only for the next 1hr 25mins.
  8. I

Bunny Cataracts - advice on options

Hi all, One of my buns (MJ) has recently developed cataracts in both eyes. The first appeared in November last year and was 'mature' within a week, the second in April and again it was mature within a week. As such MJ lost his sight quite quickly and sadly he is not coping well. As soon as I...
  9. I

Vet advice (recommendations) update 03/09 results on mass received

Hi, A few weeks ago while getting her nails trimmed and weight my vet noticed that our girlie bun, Temperance, has lost 300g. She was due her vaccs in a few weeks so the vet said keep a close eye and we'll weigh her again then. At the vaccs she had gained 5g, the vet looked in her mouth and...
  10. I

Poorly bun :(

one of our buns is refusing food and sitting tense and hunched (no tooth grinding). I've tried him with pellets, fiba first sticks and fresh coriander- all things he loves. he has taken a total of 4 pellets, normally he'd be (sometimes literally) taking your fingers off to get at them. The vet...
  11. I

Snugglesafe on Amazon lightning deals until 11.45

For £11.17 with free postage, saving of about £3.50. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0014LJKUA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
  12. I

Bunny boarding in Central Scotland?

Hi, does anyone know of any bunny boarding in Central Scotland for an indoor bun? I have asked Aliduncan1 and unfortunately she is unable to take her during the dates we are on holiday. It is for the first 2 weeks in September, I know we have left it a bit late. This is the first time we have...
  13. I

Homeless man risks his life to save his pet rabbit

Sorry if this is a repost, I had a quick look and couldn't see another post for it. http://www.dogheirs.com/tamara/posts/1613-homeless-man-risks-his-life-to-save-pet-he-calls-his-child
  14. I

Advice please, bun has started growling :(

Help! Recently my oh and rescued a bun which we ended up deciding to keep. Shortly afterwards I left for America so my oh is caring for her. She was temporarily in the living room until he took the kitchen table down and a few days ago he moved her back to the kitchen. Yesterday he told me that...
  15. I

Hello from me and my temporary house guest

Hello, On tuesday I found myself with a rescue rabbit in my care. She is about 5yrs old and for the last few years she had been kept alone in a hutch that was in a dark shed with very little natural light. She was cleaned out once in approx the last 2 years. She was fed entirely on horse feed...
Back