• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. I

Cataracts

I had a rabbit that developed cataracts due to EC, it was his only symptom (we did find out later when he had a CT scan he also had one non functioning kidney although this never caused any issues). The first mature cataract developed within a few days of first appearing and not long after the...
  2. I

Rups bald round his neck.

One of our foster buns went completely bald around his neck at the start of his moult, he's a lionhead so it was only visible when he was stretching out for a biscuit the rest of the time it was completely covered by his mane, but it was maybe 2cm wide around his neck. Its growing back now He...
  3. I

Rabbit eye colors

One of my foster bunnies has split coloured eyes, makes her look like she's always looking up lol Untitled by Gayle E. Anderson, on Flickr
  4. I

treat ball that’s less enticing to chew?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trixie-Cat-Kitten-Snack-Ball-Treat-Ball-Feeding-Ball-Keep-Cats-Entertained-41362/252435589677?epid=4012065754&hash=item3ac6556a2d:g:-~EAAOxy69JTB9Zs You can get them with a more rabbity design also tho I don't see any on ebay at the moment.
  5. I

Bonding an elderly boy into a trio - pointers

Thanks for input all, definitely food for thought. I have msg'd the rescue asking if we could bring Philip to the rescue to meet face to face first. I'll also see if they have any older single buns available.
  6. I

Hi, thanks for your reply. I think I’m probably underselling Philip a bit, he’s actually a really confident and outgoing little guy. And while he’s a bit wobbly sometimes he normally spends a lot of time running about all over the place and following us about like a dog, he’s very active for his...
  7. I

Hello all, We very sadly lost one of our bonded pair of boys last week and we are looking to get some companionship for his partner who is very sad without his husbun. Philip is an older boy (10) with some mobility issues due to having spondylosis (he is on Loxicom long term for this), he can...
  8. I

what are the pros & cons of a 13 year old bunny doing cataract surgery?

Its not common, we had to go to London (from Scotland) to the RVC for it and the lenses were brought in from Germany. It made a huge difference for MJ, he was more or less back to his old self once he had recovered. Long term, he's on eye drops for the rest of his life and has 6monthly check ups...
  9. I

what are the pros & cons of a 13 year old bunny doing cataract surgery?

We have had cataract surgery on one of our buns (lens replacement surgery) He had very rapid onset cataracts, initially just in one eye which made little difference but when the second cataract developed (from no cataract to "complete" cataract/completely blind within ~48hrs) it had a huge...
  10. I

Stupid choices and options for after death and ashes

I am so sorry you lost Dawn :cry: Regarding your original question, I am sorry I don't have an answer but it is something that I think about regularly and also feel that it is important. I hope you are able to find a solution that you are comfortable with x
  11. I

Wanted: Rex Rabbits Scotland

https://www.facebook.com/RabbitsRequireRights/?fref=mentions sometimes advertise bunnies needing new homes.
  12. I

Cataract surgery

:wave: My thread is here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?443078-Bunny-Cataracts-advice-on-options Its now been two years since MJ had his surgery, he goes for regular check up at the D!ck vet, initally quarterly but as of his last appointment we're down to every 6 months as...
  13. I

FAO Those of You Who Have/Have Had a Rabbit With EC

First symptom (cataracts) appeared in November (2014), we didn't have him tested for EC until the second cataract appeared (we saw my own vet who consulted with the D1ck vet and decided it was very unlikely due to no other symptoms) which was 4 months later in March. He's been treated with...
  14. I

RWAF Conference 2017

Going on sunday, would love to have gone both days. Looking forward to it :)
  15. I

Weird "Guinea Pig" like noise??

Is it the same noise this bun makes? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UQdeJ7qzyg I heard one of my boys do it once, he was blind at the time and we had visitors (we rarely have visitors) so he could smell them and knew something was different, he wanted to investigate. After a few mins he...
  16. I

Reciprocal hands-on help with bunnies in Glasgow?

I'm a little far or I'd have been happy to help, you could get your vet to show you the best way although I've found bunnies tend to be better behaved at the vet! Might be worth contacting Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care, they are based just outside of Glasgow but have foster carers about the place...
  17. I

Shivering

I think so, when we took our bridge bun to a rescue for speed dating the only intro area they had at that point was outside (she was a house bun and it was february) and she shivered. Fortunately she found love quickly! Tho if bunny is not outwith its normal environment then a call to the vet is...
  18. I

Cloudy eye - ud Questions post 65

Our MJ developed cataracts which turned out to be due to EC, it also was very sudden. From initially noticing a slight wisp in his eye it was only a matter of days until he had a complete cataract. MJ coped very well with the loss of sight in one eye, really apart from being quite shocking in...
  19. I

RWAF Conference

I think I'll probably go on the sunday, although it would be interesting to see the stasis talk (and I'd be curious to see 'tips to a successful consult' as well! As a customer/patient it would be interesting to see how the vets see it.). I've been to an owners night in the past at the D1ck...
  20. I

Does anyone use human furniture in their rabbit enclosue?

yep. my buns have this: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/tables/coffee-side-tables/lack-side-table-black-art-20011408/ with a carpet tile on top so they don't slide
Back