• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

strange rabbit behaviour

Rebonding... Ive just had 7 young buns speyed/neutered... it takes 6-8 wks to clear of hormones. Ive managed to rebond 4 back to pairs.. But they were the quietest of the 7.. I have two females and a male left who are bossy types.. I have kept the male and female in ajoining pens and will...
  2. B

I cannot believe what Apache just did

My 6 month old Rosehip jumped almost verticle up 4 foot on to the window ledge!.... I was stunned and glad the window was closed.......
  3. B

feel abit silly now!

Lol!... I know how you feel because so far having had quite a number spey/neuter i thought meds in a syringe was easy.. No probs with any of the bunns and i did kind of blow my own trumpet about it.. But now a tiny little Doe whos so docile is getting the better of me.. Jaws clenched and...
  4. B

What age are buns teenagers?

spring fever I think theres spring fever!.. My jack bitchies are in season now and air humping and ive noticed my rabbits getting livlier.. One of the reasons im getting my spey/neuters done now!
  5. B

Silly vet, sexing wrong! Oh god, can't cope with more babies!!!!

If his testicles are dropped he can be speyed.. My does are done between 4/5 months .. Easier when younger.. Vets arnt always rabbit savy.. I taught myself how to sex after having a mis sex prob with mine.. Ive got it spot on with all my kits now.....Even helped the vet doin it.. Lol!
  6. B

When can the indoor buns go outside to play?

out to play Maybe on dry days just have them out an hour then gradually extend the time...
  7. B

how safe is the runaround system

Run around system... What is the Run around system? My hutches all have runs attached that are secure and my bunns come in and out as they like... Ive made them as fox proof as possible, no evidence of any visiting my garden which is also rural but id never trust that we wont ever get one...
  8. B

How did you train your dog to be around rabbits?

Dogs n Rabbits I have Rabbits and Jack russels... They have caught wild rabbits in the past, they now have bells on there collers to warn anything in the undergrowth to move... Im strict with my dogs so i can bring anything in my house and theres no problem.. My dogs see me as the pack leader...
  9. B

When the bunnies go back outside .....

Bloor Bunnies... I have nine and they mainly live outside.. I find that as long as you spend some time giving them attention outside.. Strokes and ear massage they stay ok with you... Especially as they see you as the person who brings the food daily.. Lol!.....I am lucky to have a large shed...
  10. B

Bloor Bunnies....MASS neuter/spey

Bloor Bunnies.... I kept the mum and all her young together, and the Buck next to them. When he had been speyed i kept putting him back in with her while i sat with them to make sure there was no humping as it takes a few weeks for the sperm to lower.. They all got on fine.. I then had them all...
  11. B

Bloor Bunnies... I have had rabbits before, but had gone awhile without a bunny mate after my last one passed.. But in a certain large pet store my husband saw a Dutch and got it for me.. Spur of the momment. He was told Yep a girl.. My vet said Yep a girl.. I was then given a dwarf lop doe.. I...
  12. B

Well out of nine rabbits i now have just two Does to be neutered now.. I had two done in December 2010.. Two in january, three this month (feb) and my last two first week in march.... Its gone well so far.. Although ive slowly had to bring them indoors and have them seperate.. My Utility room is...
  13. B

Water and peeing

Rabbits actually cope with cooler weather better than heat.. They do fine in a cooler area with covers over there sleeping area to keepout draughts... xxxx
  14. B

Just curious...

teeth I have one full Dwarf lop and seven Dwarf lop/Dutch crosses... None have dental probs.. You can see if the teeth are inline from very young.. They need to eat more hay than anything else. A small amount of nuggets daily, aswell as the veg.. I give hard veg and i also give bread thats...
  15. B

I no longer want my rabbit

To Unhappy..... Its probs already been said but i admire the fact that you researched the facts, and provided for your rabbit and have cared for her since you had her.. You wanted to be a rabbit person but saddly it isnt for you.. It isnt something everyone can do, and if you have realised...
  16. B

Rabbits mass neuter n spey..

reply Ive had 2 Bucks done now... Both recovered very quickly... Mr C was grumpy because hes used to total freedom and we had him in a cage for the first day.. He wasnt amused and nipped my husband.. Hes not done it since!.. The second bunny hasnt even seemed grumpy.. They havnt changed and...
  17. B

Rabbits mass neuter n spey..

My nine rabbits are keeping me very busy... So far the daddy Mr C and his wife Maisie were neutered and speyed and now there children are going through the same program.. There are seven kits.. four age 5 months and three at 4 months.... On friday the oldest buck was neutered and the biggest...
  18. B

OMG - can anyone help?

rescued Merry Christmas.... This story made my xmas.. Such wonderful folk on RU xxxx
  19. B

Vibes for Mae please U/D post 18

vibes lots of vibes comming your way xxxx
  20. B

Vibes for Sox Please/On way home UD p14

vibes lots of vibes comming your way xxxxx
Back