• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. chloemurray

Forgot how stressful bonding is...

I’m currently attempting my first bunny bond for years - 7 year old Wotsit and 4 year old Bear, both mini lops. They’ve been together since Thursday afternoon, as I’m in isolation for the foreseeable so I figured I may as well use the time to bond :lol: They’ve done really well, but every few...
  2. chloemurray

When will bunnies be understood? :(

Someone in a Facebook group I'm in just asked if insurance is worth it for rabbits. She said she's worried about vet bills, although she 'knows that if you look after them, they don't get ill.' I wrote her a comment saying that insurance personally gives me peace of mind (though I know lots of...
  3. chloemurray

Little Bear Bunny

Thought you might like to see some photos of my youngest bunny :) He's about 5 months old now, and still no bits have developed, so I'm starting to wonder if "he" is in fact "she". His mum was unofficially rescued by a friend of mine, and gave birth soon after. Several people sexed the babies...
  4. chloemurray

Meet my puppy, Archie

On the 11th May, my boyfriend and I got a yorkie puppy. His name is Archie :) I debated long and hard about introducing him on here, but despite the fact I've been gone for a while, I still think of so many of you as friends and I wanted to share him with you. I totally and completely...
  5. chloemurray

Meet baby Bear!

Hello all :) I know I'm not online much any more, but I couldn't wait to introduce my newest arrival to you. Where I live, there's a sort of unofficial rescue network; a lot of connected people who scour the freeads/selling pages taking in at-risk bunnies and piggies to find them safe new homes...
  6. chloemurray

Albie & Nahla bonding thread | More photos!

I've been a member of RU since October 2010, and in all that time, I've never been able to bond Nahla. Some of you might even remember my disastrous attempts from years past :lol: However, I had this week off work, and yesterday morning I just had the feeling that my little Nethie Albie, also a...
  7. chloemurray

Ted is dead.

He's been slowing down for a while, he's nearly 9 now but didn't have the best life before he came to me. He's seemed quiet the last few days but still very interested in food. Just found him laying in the litter tray having spasms and then he went. I only lost Pud just before Christmas. I am...
  8. chloemurray

Picking up a foster bun today!

A girl near me is kind of an unofficial rescue; she takes bunnies in if she hears that they're in need, neuters and then rehomes them. She's just taken on 10 bunnies who are in a pretty bad state, and some are possibly pregnant, so she's fostering out the ones she already had to make space for...
  9. chloemurray

Show me your hutches!

The bunnies are having to go into hutches whilst I get ready to move house, as they're currently in a shed and it's in a bit of a state. My parents are trying to sort out the garden and as I'm leaving soon, I agreed to move the bunnies so they can knock down the old shed and get some of their...
  10. chloemurray

Bonding UD P7 need advice!

Does anyone know of any rescues in Hampshire (preferably in the Basingstoke/Winchester/Southampton area really) that still do a bonding service? I know a few used to and then they got too busy. I really want to attempt to bond Albie and Nahla, but I now work full-time and we're renovating our...
  11. chloemurray

Absolute disaster.

Went out to the shed this morning and found Pickle and Pud chasing and fur pulling. There was LOTS of fur, and Dad said he'd heard them fighting and had gone in and stopped them. They've lived together blissfully since last November, I'm not sure what's happened :( I was too scared to leave them...
  12. chloemurray

I'm so pet broody!

I've been browsing rescues all evening for a friend for Albie, even though realistically I know I should try him with Nahla before adopting another bun. There's just something about adopting a new pet :oops:
  13. chloemurray

Duckling Photos!

Here are some photos of our little duckies today. They love us and climb into our hands to sleep :love: We're all totally smitten with them, can't believe four more are due next week :lol:
  14. chloemurray

Bonding progress! UD/ I give up.

The three boys are doing great :)
  15. chloemurray

Mammoth Bonding of 6 begins.... Aaaah!

Soooo boyfriend and I have pretty much got our house now (touch wood, fingers crossed, please say I haven't jinxed it :lol:) and there's a brick outbuilding in the garden that, though ugly, would be perfect for the bunnies. It would be fab if they could all live together so over the course of...
  16. chloemurray

Albie Updates (& Photos!)

It's now been three weeks since Albie's neuter, and a month since I took him on, and he's doing fabulously! He's not a cuddly bun at all, but he likes nose rubs, and taking naps underneath my dressing table :love: Hoping to do a group bond at the beginning of April... wish me luck. :lol: Sorry...
  17. chloemurray

New Bunny U/D Photos added!

A girl I knew from school messaged me and asked if I wanted her rabbit, apparently 'her daughter is allergic'. :roll: She told me he was neutered so having lost two bunnies recently, I said I'd take him. Then it came out that he wasn't in fact neutered.... But a lovely girl on Facebook really...
  18. chloemurray

Noodles has gone.

I know that a few of you on here used to love seeing pictures of Noodles (and his buddies) and I feel like you're the only ones who will understand my grief. I came home from uni this evening to find that Noodles had passed away. He was in their pink cat bed, and Pickle was lying next to him...
  19. chloemurray

My adorable trio! (Pic Heavy)

I love my boys :love: Felt really down this afternoon so I brought the terrible trio in for cuddles. I know, naughty of me to bring them in, but at the moment bringing them inside is the only way they're getting a really decent run around... as all work on the set up has ground to a halt. I...
  20. chloemurray

I was a bit naughty... Pictures included!

So just a few days ago I was saying that Pud was lonely after losing Cupcake, but that I couldn't bond my (hopefully!) group of five until I have time off in December. Wellllll, I've got a dental abscess and the antibiotics have made me really poorly, so I had a few days off. I was pretty...
Back