• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. M

Do mice pose any threat to rabbits?

I recently discovered that Marvin had a stowaway living in the shed with him! I pulled out some bits and found a little mouse hiding in the corner, it got scared and ran off outside never to return. Now I actually think that this mouse might have been living in the shed for quite a while due to...
  2. M

Maisie

Maisie was unfortunately put down on Friday. She had her myxi and VHD jabs just the day before and I'm not sure what happened but she somehow contracted Pneumonia overnight. In the morning she was struggling to breathe and was had fluid dribbling from her nose. She was rushed to the vets where...
  3. M

I caught Maisie in the act today

The paint pot you can see was what I was using to try and stop her from climbing between the different sides of the shed. She must've pushed it out of the way. She has ripped open her food bag and gone to town :roll:
  4. M

Massive Marvin and Maisie picture thread

It's been a while so I thought I'd remind everyone of them :p
  5. M

I think there is a mouse living in the shed with my bunnies

My girlfriend found what she thinks is mouse droppings in the rabbit food box we have in the shed with the rabbits. I am not really sure how to get rid of it/search for it. I'm tempted to get a cat just to deal with the problem :? Has anyone else had this problem? I'm a little panicked that...
  6. M

The rules for rabbit ownership

7. M

Marvin is unstoppable

He is a little monster! In the past 2 weeks he seems to have figured out that he can somehow get to the other side of the shed where he has destroyed a bag of hay and dug it all over the place, tore open his food bag and eaten like a pig (I'm talking about a 1/4 of a bag of pellets in a single...
  8. M

I keep having dreams a fox is going to eat the buns!

At least a couple of times a week :shock: They are safely locked away in a shed at night, I have a 6foot spiked fence, and I have never once seen a fox around so all my fears seem unfounded. Terrified that I'm somehow seeing into the future though! Mind you I also dreamed that Marvin somehow...
  9. M

I've made a huge error :(

10. M

Cat flap failure

11. M

Happy 'Gotcha Day' Maisie! *pic heavy*

This day last year I had just picked up Maisie!! Maisie was put into rescue because her previous owners decided a house rabbit wasn't for them. After a failed bond with another adopter she came back into rescue around the same time me and Em decided we wanted a rabbit. She was a very shy bunny...
  12. M

I found ragwort in my garden yesterday! Deweeding advice please

It was still in the 'just sprouted' stage but it was pretty big considering I had just checked the garden a week or so ago! My garden is looking a bit like a weed ridden mess, which means I can no longer let the rabbits free range as I'm fairly certain there are at least 2 toxic/bad weeds...
  13. M

I just have to share this...Dog with humany eyes!

This is Alfie a dog currently waiting for his new home! He has the weirdest dog eyes I've ever seen though! :shock: http://www.bathcatsanddogshome.org.uk/rehoming/dogs/alfie/1952/
  14. M

Does anybody have their rabbits Micro-chipped?

Maisie has a microchip but Marvin doesn't I'm not sure if I should get him one as well. Anybody else have their rabbits microchipped? Or would anybody else really recommend for or against it?
  15. M

Plant savvy people!

P1000291 by Mattypb, on Flickr P1000292 by Mattypb, on Flickr P1000293 by Mattypb, on Flickr P1000294 by Mattypb, on Flickr Are any of these plants dangerous? Thankyou :wave:
  16. M

Can rabbits leave their Mum at 8weeks?

There is an advert on preloved offering 8 week old babies 'ready now'. Is 8 weeks okay? I thought it was 12? Thanks :wave:
  17. M

My Doggy Monty!

This is my lovely dog Monty, who I don't see a lot anymore due to leaving home! But I still love him a lot from a distance! My Mum rescued him for £30 about 4/5 years ago! He is a crazy little mutt who loves attention, especially from my Mum :roll: Isn't he just the cutest? ;)
  18. M

What animals can rabbits interact with safely?

*disclaimer. This is purely out of curiosity I am not getting any other animals!* Obviously there are risks in housing rabbits with any other animal, but are there animals that rabbits can free range safely with? Obviously there are pictures on here of cats and dogs interacting with their...
  19. M

Marvin, Maisie, and a ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9skvsgHkSTc I thought i'd film a little video of them playing with their ball!
Back