• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. E

Boarding in Birmingham

I'm in desperate need of boarding my bunny 3-6 December and my usual is closed then (the bunnery in lickey end). Can anyone recommend anywhere else? Emailed fat fluffs, and tried ringing but had no reply. I live in selly oak but could also use the black country area.
  2. E

£25 - Good price at vets to clean bum and clip fur?

From a previous thread suggestion, just wondered if anyone knows if £25 seems a fair price to pay to get my bun's bum and legs washed and clipped? Would it be cheaper at an animal groomers? He's been having wee and poo problems and this area almost constantly wet, so want to freshen him up...
  3. E

What do your buns do in their run?

Wondered because my two don't seem to do much - usually huddle together and sometimes eat hay. Thought they might be bored, but that's what they do when they're inside. They have their little hiding places, but never seem to use them. Am I being fussy?!
  4. E

Cleaning back legs

Not sure if anyone has read any of my posts before about my newly adopted Frankle. Cut a long story short, he pees EVERYWHERE and I'm trying treatment on him to sort it out. I am looking to try and clean his back legs and tail area as they are always wet with urine, and he (and now our...
  5. E

Where to buy Panacur

:oops:Bit of a long thread!! I am looking to buy two lots of 28 day course of Panacur to give my two house buns. We adopted Frankle (a three year old who had his front teeth out and was neutured a month before having him) about 3 weeks ago, and since we had him he has had excessive drinking...
  6. E

Jelly like string coming from bum?!

Sorry for such a gritty subject!! I've noticed my 3 year old bun who I adopted 5 days ago, has had some thick, clear jelly like strings coming from his bum, but not in his poo?! It was only a small amount. I noticed a bit last night and my husband thought maybe I was giving him too much veg, so...
  7. E

Bunny grooming in Birmingham? To clean scent glands.

Just wondered if anyone knows of any places in Birmingham that groom rabbits? My newly adopted male has pee stains over his back legs, and I've tried cleaning them, but struggled slightly!! Also wondering if they would clean out his scent glands? I've just seen videos on YouTube of how gunked up...
  8. E

Non leaking water bottle?

After I started a recent thread about thinking my bunny was drinking excessively, I'm wonderingnif anyone knows of any leak proof water bottles? My bunnies are currently using the standard red and clear plastic bottles, and it appears to be leaking and soaking the cage lining. Should also...
  9. E

Veg ideas for rabbit who has had teeth removed

Just wondered if any of you have fruit and veg preperation ideas for a bunny who has had his front teeth removed? Currently im finely slicing apples, pears, sprouts, carrots and cabbage leaves, all of which he seems to enjoy, but seems to take him forever to eat. The people i adopted him off...
  10. E

Bald patches under dwarf lop's ears

My lop eared dwarf doe has developed some bald patches under both of her ears. They are in the exact same place, same size and colour. I assumed they could be because of where her ears fold over because they are directly in the creases, but wondered if anyone has seen them before? She...
  11. E

Litter training a newly adopted adult bun

Just looking for some tips on trying to litter train my new adult bunny. I've put the litter tray in the hutch where he and my other bun were peeing merrily yesterday and wondered if anyone else has got any other ideas? I was thinking maybe he's relluctant to go in the tray because of the other...
  12. E

Water consumption of dwarf bunny

Hiya, I adopted an adult dwarf bunny a couple of days ago and was a bit perplexed as to how much he drank yesterday - about 300ml in total??! I found it strange as I have a dwarf lop who probably consumes about 30-50ml per day and pee's plenty and has always been like this. My new bunny had his...
  13. E

Cleaning a bunny

Hiya, not sure if this is the right section of the forum to add this to, but wondered if anyone knew how to 'clean' a rabbit? Just adopted a new bun and he has pee'd all over the hutch and been laying in it and not smelling too pleasant! Read that rabbit fur takes a while to dry so was...
Back