• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. bunnylover4

GOODBYE MY LITTLE ANGEL ALEX March 2009- 16/12/20

I am truely heartbroken that my dear little Alex has crossed over the rainbow bridge. She went into her forever sleep still licking me. :cry: Alex was nearly 12 and riddled in arthritis. Despite stronger medication and physio she developed spondylitis and was becoming less and less mobile. The...
  2. bunnylover4

UPDATE ALEX PTS My 11 year old rabbit diagnosed with spondylitis

UPDATE : Alex WAS PTS ON WEDNESDAY. MY HEART IS BROKEN:cry::cry::cry: Sadly despite physio and new medication Alex didn’t improve she deteriorated rapidly and stopped eating or pooing much. But even when she was sedated in my arms she was still licking me , almost like a thank you . The tears...
  3. bunnylover4

Senior arthritic bunny. Need advice please

Firstly sorry I don’t post on here often. But I am hoping you lovely people might have some words of wisdom. Our Netherlands dwarf x Rex is 11 years old (nearly 12) she is last of four rabbits. Now she is an only bunny she has become loving and affectionate ( she was evil to both her previous...
  4. bunnylover4

Update on Yoshi - Yoshi has been pts. Devastated 😢

UPDATE YOSHI HAS BEEN PTS -sadly the meds didn't work and yoshi couldn't get better so we made the sad decision to pts. He couldn't get up at all. Original post So Yoshi is still struggling with arthritis but deterating . We had the lump checked that was on the front leg and it’s a cyst which...
  5. bunnylover4

PLEASE HELP 11 YEAR OLD RABBIT LEG PROBLEMS .. any advice

hi all my oldest bunny Yoshi has seemed to be struggling lately and didn’t seem as active so we took him for a health check. He is a good weight (in fact he had put on a gram since his VHD jab in January) he is however very arthritic in his back and hips. But apart from that the vet was happy...
  6. bunnylover4

Elderly rabbits advice please

hi all I havent been on for a while but i am hoping someone might be able to offer some advice for my two remaining bunnies. Yoshi a male lionlop is 10 and a half and Alex is a female netherland dwarf x rex and she is 9 (both neutered) Yoshi never seems to want to voluntarily come outside...
  7. bunnylover4

Old bunny advice please

Hi all , Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice regarding Yoshi. He is nine and a half and keeps having the odd day where he looks like he is going into gut stasis but then picks up again after sometimes a bit of fibreplex or pain relief. We are going on holiday for the first time in...
  8. bunnylover4

Is Yoshi depressed or just old ???UPDATE - no idea

Sorry long post. I have shortened it down as much I can but given you as full a picture as possible . Yoshi who is nine and a half lost his bunny wife in April and afterwards was a little quiet but not as bad as we expected. So about three weeks ago we bonded him with alex (our female who has...
  9. bunnylover4

I have gone and broke all the rules. Yoshi & alex together

:shock: ok so I haven't been able to get any sort of answers on bonding my two remaining bunnies together so I asked my vet who is rabbit savvy, and she said let them get on with it. I was terrified but I have bonded before so thought what the hell. .... When yoshi bonded with his previous mate...
  10. bunnylover4

Why can't I get any help. Am I asking the wrong questions

So I have posted in behaviour & bonding but other than one answer nobody is answering my questions :cry: I don't know if I am not explaining things properly or what but either way I am now searching google for answers . Only problem is one bit of advice says keep them together and let them sort...
  11. bunnylover4

How long before we can let them in the garden

So day two of bonding Alex (doe)and yoshi (buck£ They have been together all day with no fighting at all 😳 And Alex has been grooming yoshi lots and occasionally yoshi returns the favour . We have had them in yoshi' enclosure to try and make Alex less dominant (which seems to be working) they...
  12. bunnylover4

How long should we leave them together

I have another post explaining the history but basically how long do you keep bunnies together during first face to face introductions? They have laid down near each other eaten and fought a little and still have sly nips but overall I think they are fairly settled although ignoring each other a...
  13. bunnylover4

Help bonding male & female who lost there original partners

Hi all I used to have alex & gizmo as a pair but had to separate as alex bullied gizmo and he was a gummy bunny.... (gizmo sadly went to rainbow bridge in November ) then there was yoshi&tiggs who were so loved up . Sadly tiggs went to rainbow bridge in march. So now we had nine year old Yoshi...
  14. bunnylover4

Two bunnies gone in a matter of months

We had to say goodbye to gizmo last November and yesterday Tiggs went to rainbow bridge. My heart is breaking but at least gizmo has a friend over the bridge with him now Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. bunnylover4

How to help a surviving bunny after mate loss

Hi all We had to say goodbye to Tiggs tonight and due to the circumstances Yoshi didn't get to see her when she was gone. What do I need to watch for with him and how can I comfort him. They were so close .... he moved she moved and vise-versa 😔.... I don't know what to do
  16. bunnylover4

UPDATE : TIGGS IS GONE :( . Devasted & Shocked

Hi all hoping someone can help. Tiggs has never had any health problems however yesterday evening she started with gut stasis . She stopped eating . We did the usual meds metacam, cislpride, Renitadin (excuse the spelling) we ended up going emergency vets at11pm in case she was going the same...
  17. bunnylover4

BINKY FREE GIZMO R.I.P 14.05.2008- 27.11.2016 advice please

We had to send Gizmo to rainbow bridge tonight and now as we grief him we need to decide how we lay him to rest. We can't bury him in the garden as we rent so wondering what to do.... cremation or burial ? If anyone has suggestions we would be very grateful. We haven't lost a pet before so not...
  18. bunnylover4

UPDATE GIZMO is gone peritonitis bloat

I feel guilty asking for advice as i dont use this forum very often but i am so worried i am hoping someone can offer some advice . Gizmo who is a gummy 8 year old bunny started with gut stasis yesterday morning. We gave him the normal gut stasis meds and critical care and metacam but during the...
  19. bunnylover4

Cuddles with alex cute photos

Sat downstairs with alex and whereas normally she only cuddles in bed or wrapped in a blanket...tonight she is so chilled she nearly slid off the chair Sent from bunnylover4 [emoji195][emoji195][emoji195][emoji195]
  20. bunnylover4

Carpet eatter... Long post please help if you can

I am praying you can advise. We have four rabbits. A pair Yoshi & Tiggs who are 7 & 6 and my other two Alex & Gizmo also 6 and nearly 7 (who due to health issues and Alex bullying gizmo we had to separate but they live happily now as neighbours.) there routine has always been the same they live...
Back