• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. bunnylover4

GOODBYE MY LITTLE ANGEL ALEX March 2009- 16/12/20

I am truely heartbroken that my dear little Alex has crossed over the rainbow bridge. She went into her forever sleep still licking me. :cry: Alex was nearly 12 and riddled in arthritis. Despite stronger medication and physio she developed spondylitis and was becoming less and less mobile. The...
  2. bunnylover4

UPDATE ALEX PTS My 11 year old rabbit diagnosed with spondylitis

UPDATE : Alex WAS PTS ON WEDNESDAY. MY HEART IS BROKEN:cry::cry::cry: Sadly despite physio and new medication Alex didn’t improve she deteriorated rapidly and stopped eating or pooing much. But even when she was sedated in my arms she was still licking me , almost like a thank you . The tears...
  3. bunnylover4

Senior arthritic bunny. Need advice please

Lol she has only got cuddly after losing her mate. I like idea of the toothbrush that should work lovely. As for the the tabs do they eat them willingly? Alex is a fussy madam (spoilt lol) we tried her on papaya and pineapple chunks before and some other bunny supplement but none of mine would...
  4. bunnylover4

Hi thanks for the reply. No Alex doesn’t jump on the sofa we bring her in with her blanket on the sofa but she hops on my lap for grooming me and then snuggles down to sleep while we watch a film. She has a movie feast of carrot tops and dark green cavalo Nero (black kale) which she loves then...
  5. bunnylover4

Firstly sorry I don’t post on here often. But I am hoping you lovely people might have some words of wisdom. Our Netherlands dwarf x Rex is 11 years old (nearly 12) she is last of four rabbits. Now she is an only bunny she has become loving and affectionate ( she was evil to both her previous...
  6. bunnylover4

Update on Yoshi - Yoshi has been pts. Devastated 😢

Thank you. I hope you are well. I always value your honest opinion as your advice saved many of my buns in the past . Just wondering if You have any ideas .... I tried pm you but it doesn’t let me. I haven’t been on here much so don’t know if that’s the reason ��. I am so worried...
  7. bunnylover4

Update on Yoshi - Yoshi has been pts. Devastated 😢

UPDATE YOSHI HAS BEEN PTS -sadly the meds didn't work and yoshi couldn't get better so we made the sad decision to pts. He couldn't get up at all. Original post So Yoshi is still struggling with arthritis but deterating . We had the lump checked that was on the front leg and it’s a cyst which...
  8. bunnylover4

PLEASE HELP 11 YEAR OLD RABBIT LEG PROBLEMS .. any advice

Update on Yoshi today. Does this sound typical of arthritis?. Thank you all for your posts . So today we have been down to Yoshi and Alex and again he was struggling to sit so we waited until the sun had warmed the back garden up and then gentally took him out to the grass area (he can access...
  9. bunnylover4

Hi yes Yoshi and Alex live in a summerhouse 11ft by 15ft with electric heater in and double glazing. It was purpose built for them when we had four of them... Yoshi and Alex both come out in the garden and he was even out earlier today . He is a bit wobbly in the wind but still hops around. It’s...
  10. bunnylover4

Oh yes we are going to see how he is In the morning but if he is any worse we will be going out of hours vets. We have another good one at woodlands and we have used the main pet hospital before. I just wish I knew more about what the thing is on his leg. I am scared the vet who doesn’t know him...
  11. bunnylover4

Hi no we use woodlands at ivybridge . JH is amazing. The lump is white in colour and the size of a small grape or large pea ...It looks like a cyst but could be a tumour. 🙁 I really hope it’s the cyst. It’s so confusing to know what to do for the best especially as his weight is good and he just...
  12. bunnylover4

hi all my oldest bunny Yoshi has seemed to be struggling lately and didn’t seem as active so we took him for a health check. He is a good weight (in fact he had put on a gram since his VHD jab in January) he is however very arthritic in his back and hips. But apart from that the vet was happy...
  13. bunnylover4

Elderly rabbits advice please

Hi all thank you for the replies. (jacks-Jane nice to hear from you . Hope you are well. Yoshi does have the start of cataracts in both eyes but the vet said they are not a problem for him at the moment .(although maybe they are causing him some problems) She did check his ears too and they...
  14. bunnylover4

Elderly rabbits advice please

hi all I havent been on for a while but i am hoping someone might be able to offer some advice for my two remaining bunnies. Yoshi a male lionlop is 10 and a half and Alex is a female netherland dwarf x rex and she is 9 (both neutered) Yoshi never seems to want to voluntarily come outside...
  15. bunnylover4

Old bunny advice please

He has had a vet check and no problems found other than age related arthritis etc Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  16. bunnylover4

Old bunny advice please

Hi all , Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice regarding Yoshi. He is nine and a half and keeps having the odd day where he looks like he is going into gut stasis but then picks up again after sometimes a bit of fibreplex or pain relief. We are going on holiday for the first time in...
  17. bunnylover4

Is Yoshi depressed or just old ???UPDATE - no idea

So yoshi went back to the vets today for a check up. Different vet again :roll: they are pleased with his stomach as it is nice and soft they are keeping him on rinitiadin and loxicam as he is improving although slowly . They gave him fluids today and told us to keep up with the critical care...
  18. bunnylover4

Thank you everyone for the advice. yoshi seems a bit more up for eating this evening and we have given him rinitidin and fibreplex as well as critical care and he will have some more loxicam around midnight with his midnight feast of critical care . :roll: He has an appointment early tomorrow...
  19. bunnylover4

Hi thanks for the advice . I meant to say we have gut stimulant rinitadin (sorry about the spelling) and loxicam so we are doing that until tomorrow but will ask for more following your advice . They have not done full bloods just bloods to check his kidney function . But they have said his...
  20. bunnylover4

Thanks for replying . His bunny wife had to be PTS In April she was his partner for 7 and a half years. We have just started giving him fibreplex and he seems a bit brighter but not 100-% what was the outcome with ur bunny
Back