• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. F

Really sick bunny :(

Update from the vets... Hi All I thought you might like an update of what happened at the vets today etc. Brett was much brighter when we got home today - less lying and more hopping which is good! I asked about the corticosteroid and he was given some which is why he can't have metacam...
  2. F

Thanks to everyone for all your advice. I've now got a list of things to discuss with my vet tonight! I'm now convinced that the ear thing may be to do with the drip they gave him, considering that's when it came on... you'd think an ear infection wouldn't just come on after a visit to the vets...
  3. F

Also,no he hasn't been prescribed Metacam, just the Panacur and Baytril :(
  4. F

They did say they had given him IV fluids - didn't realise they did this through their ear - would make sense though wouldn't it!! xx
  5. F

Hi Amy, Thanks - I think they just gave us the one box to begin with - we are booked to go back for checkups tonight and next week so she was probably planning on giving us more then xx
  6. F

Hi Yes he eats tons of hay and is still eating it at the moment. He seems to be eating plenty. She said the Panacur was just a precaution anyway rather than that she thought it was EC - she said she just wanted to cover all angles xxx
  7. F

Great thanks - I didn't think that was enough, I'll get more tonight xx
  8. F

Thanks - I think my vet is rabbit savvy - as I say they seem to have done brilliantly with him so far. The vet said she thought it may be EC which has presented in a strange way so she has given him a course of Panancur as a precaution - only 9 days I think for now but going back there tonight...
  9. F

Yeah I think they are but only from what they've told me so hard to tell really. I mean I'm kind of thinking they must know what they're doing considering how close to dying he was on Monday night - still can't quite believe we got him back from that!! xx:D
  10. F

Thanks, yeah I guess it's positive that he's eating and pooing - was just so scary and since the vet doesn't seem to know what caused the whole thing we're just really frightened that it'll happen again and he won't be so lucky next time :( xxx
  11. F

Thanks, yes that does sound like a possibility with the floppy ear and head shaking, although neither of those things started until he got back from the vets after his ordeal... Also would I be able to see anything in his ears if he had an ear infection? The vet looked in there and I have too...
  12. F

Hi Any advice or ideas would really be appreciated. We came home from work on Monday and our 4month old house bunny Brett didn't come to the door the greet us as usual. Although he would take a treat he then became really weak. We rushed him to the vets as he could suddenly no longer stand up...
Back