• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. G

Orphaned baby rabbits

thanks. I've signed up at some other forums suggested as well so i'll make a post there later. a bit tired after all the arguing and feeding them took about 50 minutes (can't imagine what having more than 3 would be like)
  2. G

Orphaned baby rabbits

thanks again for the help. Will join one of the forums suggested to me later. Think I'm going to have to up their feeding to every 8 hours as they are not eating enough to make it noticeable and after 2ml they are taking hardly anything so I will up it to 8 and if that doesn't seem enough then...
  3. G

Female refuses to be mated...

ahh but there isn't over here. I doubt there is a single rabbit rescue organisation in the entirety of France. Definitely not in Normandy. If the 3 I have survive having hand reared them I will probably re-home them as I'm a bit funny about things I've cared for. Couldn't eat the cat after it...
  4. G

thank god it was a good day then :P
  5. G

plucking a goose is soul destroying... take forever. Turkeys I think worked out 4 times as expensive as shop bought ones but they tasted 100 times better and they are so lovely. I often sit in the field with my birds while I'm reading and the baby chicks will always climb up my legs and clamber...
  6. G

Orphaned baby rabbits

:( Ok two lessons learnt so far but I learn new things about poultry everyday so it's only right I learn about rabbits as well Which forum did you suggest again? Is it one with friendly pragmatic people as I get really irate when people attack me as you may have noticed :( I will go get some...
  7. G

I eat meat. I try and rear all my meat so I know it hasn't suffered. I know whats gone into it. They all have names and sometimes it's really sad killing them and so many times I've not and found them a good home. It is actually for ethical reasons that I rear my own meat. It costs alot more...
  8. G

Orphaned baby rabbits

and my comments in the other thread arent aimed at you guys. I'm a member of www.thepoultrykeeper.co.uk forum and even when someone came asking about **** fighting we still didnt have a go at them. It breached terms and conditions and they were banned. Other then that everyone is so friendly and...
  9. G

Orphaned baby rabbits

first litter that I've done with it. A french person was going to feed it to his dogs and I bought it from him nest is a fleece blanket under them withg another one in a circle around them and their actual bedding is cotton wool with a thermometer next to them (I was told over 65-70F was best...
  10. G

ok sorry those who havent been rude but it's hard to praise when the rude people incense you so much. As for me profiting.... haha what a load of nonsense. In France a rabbit would be cheaper to buy then to rear. I do it so I know it has had a good life. I also intend in the future to tan the...
  11. G

Orphaned baby rabbits

ok erm the doe that died was 2 and the buck was 12-13 months. I can give the does a moveable run but it's like 100sq metres for 3 ducks and a rabbit. But if you think it'd be best I can do it but for the record muscovies are nothing like any other domesticated type of duck. For a start they...
  12. G

... ok im not asking for sympathy. I'm not even asking for help anymore. I'm defending myself from attack. As for muscovies being dirty... I may not be an expert on rabbits but I can assure you I am an expert on muscovy ducks. They make hardly any mess atall. Their entire run is full of grass...
  13. G

also could you quantify that statement for me... I don't know how to breed rabbits? Explain where I went wrong then please. This has to be the most hostile forum I have ever joined. Is it always like this?
  14. G

Orphaned baby rabbits

teeny tiny teat will be impossible. France is very limited in what you can get. These babies would have been in a bucket of water if I was French. I'm syringing it drop by drop. It takes ages but I have not noticeably seen milk in their stomach BUT alot of websites advise 2ml per 12 hours and...
  15. G

God I hate vegans. I figured if we're insulting one another I may as well get my ten pence worth. Anyway I respect your right to abstain from being a natural functioning human being and I'd appreciate it if you did the same for me. My buck is in my old chicken run which is 5m*5m. The two does...
  16. G

Orphaned baby rabbits

I'm sorry if you're upset by whatever I supposedly have done but I'm asking for advice not your judgement upon me. I bred them for meat which you may disagree with but I breed poultry and other animals for the same reason so that i can eat meat that i know has had a good and free range life. As...
  17. G

/sigh ok ignore my post. I will ask elsewhere. I'd forgotten how rude British people are when you ask them for advice. i also was not aware this was just a rescue forum. I hope I've not offended anyone. I just intend to mate them so thought it was better to do correctly rather than blunder...
  18. G

Orphaned baby rabbits

I live in France so the breeding isn't for pets or to sell as pets it's for meat. Sorry if that upsets anyone. Though I strongly doubt I will ever be able to eat these ones if they survive, they've already got bloody names :(
  19. G

My doe attacks my buck when I put her in his run. they just fight and no mating takes place. I have tried twice a week apart and have had to remove the doe before she does the buck some serious damage. Should I leave them to it or is there some reason for this?
  20. G

Orphaned baby rabbits

2 days ago my Doe died during childbirth. she hadn't made a nest or anything and when I found her in the morning there were 6 dead babies and 3 cold live ones. I've followed some online advice and been feeding them every 12 hours with a mixture of goats milk and kitten milk with a little...
Back