• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. C

Gummy bunny owners...

Sooty is having his front teeth removed on Wednesday :( I know there are lots of people with gummy buns on here so just looking for any advice... My OH took Sooty to the vets yesterday as his teeth were overgrown again and the vet said she thinks they would be best coming out, I wasn't there so...
  2. C

Spring fever...

Hi all I dont post here much anymore but i could do with some advice please :wave: I've sat here for the past few hours watching the buns and Sooty has not stopped humping Cinders and she's getting pretty :censored: off. They've been bonded since the beginning of the year, Sootys persistent...
  3. C

Pets at home bun

Sorry to start another of these threads, but there's a p@h bun that I can't get out of my head :cry:. We went in the other day for the first time in ages as I needed a few bits and there was a bun in there, it's huge, not sure of the breed exactly as I'm not familiar with bigger buns, but he's...
  4. C

tesco value cat litter?

Can I use this for the buns litter tray? I need somthing to tide me over for a day till I can get some megazorb! Is it safe for them, I know nothing about cat litter :oops:
  5. C

Just over a year ago....

This nervous little girl came to live with me :love: In the short time she has been here she has ruined our wallpaper, carpets, chewed a hole in the corner of a wall (ensuring that we loose the deposit on our flat), bitten through countless wires and chargers, as well as refusing to bond with...
  6. C

Isn't this the best sight...

when you've got a poorly bunny who's not been eating :love: Sootys been very poorly and uninterested in food for the past few days, I've been so, so worried about him, but he's finally started picking up in the last hour or so and is busy tucking into some spring greens! So relieved!!:love:
  7. C

Sootys time outside- Action Shots!

I cleared some of the garden and bunny proofed it yesterday so that Sooty could have a little time outside I think he approved of my hard work! Then it was time to go home! Ignore the state of my garden, well, yard we dont go out there much as its shared with the hairdressers we...
  8. C

Rabbits on wright stuff extra on monday

They've just said on mondays show they will be talking about rabbits being abandoned. They had a clip with a lady from a rescue (couldn't see which one) talking about them being a very neglected pet :cry:. Just thought I'd mention it incase anybody wants to watch :)
  9. C

Blood test costs?

I image it will vary a fair bit from vet to vet, but roughly how much does a blood tests cost? I'm thinking of getting one done on Sooty, more to put my mind at rest than anything else. Hes been through the mill lately and has quite a bit of GA so I'd like his kidneys etc checked.
  10. C

Clicker Training

Can I have an idiots guide to clicker training please. :) Has anybody had any success using it on rabbits? If so, what can it be used for? What have you trained them to do/not do? I don’t really know much about it other than you click to reward good behaviour, what exactly does it involve? In...
  11. C

Metacam Dosage

Just realised I've ran out of my normal metacam. Trust me to run out on a Sunday when the vets is closed so I cant call them :roll: The one I had was cat (i think) but the new one ive got to use today is dog which i know is a different strength. Can anybody tell me what the dosage of dog matacam...
  12. C

Injecting antibiotics

We've got some injectable antibiotics to give Sooty later I've never had to give injections before, but I know a lot you have so please somebody reassure me that its not as scary as it sounds, we were shown what to do yesterday but if anybody has any particular tips and tricks (other than a...
  13. C

Can I have some vibes for Sooty please - updated he's home

Sooty's really having a tough time at the minute:cry: he stayed at the vets on Monday night as he had diarrhoea and stopped eating, he came home Tuesday as he was doing better and he's booked in to have his teeth burred right down tommorow as his roots are beginning to overgrow. Since he's...
  14. C

sooty stayed at the vets last night-updated hes home!

:cry: Yesterday his poops had gotten quite runny then he stopped eating, took him to the vets and she's kept him in to observe his poops and keep him hydrated. Not sure what's caused it, or whether it's diarrhoea or just runny poops. I'm just waiting for the vet to call see what she thinks, hope...
  15. C

Rabbits and public transport

I've got to take sooty to the vets in a bit and I don't think I can get lift, is it okay to take them on the bus or taxi, they're never funny about you getting in with them are they? Probably a silly question but I've never took an animal on public transport before :oops:
  16. C

warm weather and messy bums

Is there a link?? I know it generally related to diet but Ive checked on Sooty this morning and his bum is a bit messy, I dont think his diet has really changed except for some dandilion leaves introduced last week but im sure I gave them to him last summer with no problems :? Anyway this time...
  17. C

Pics of Sooty and Cinders

I've not posted pics for a while so Ive just dug a few out of Sooty and Cinders from the last few months. Sooty... Snoozing as always!:lol: Cinders, our beautiful girl who we got at the end of last year :love:
  18. C

Urgent Stasis Advice

I think Sooty is in stasis, I noticed about an hr ago that he wasn't eating, he was flopping a bit aswell. I tempted him with different things and syringed him some water and he seems to have perked up a bit but still not eating. I called the emergency vets, the receptionist spoke to the vet...
  19. C

I cant believe whats happened

:cry: I think it's time to face the fact I might not be able to keep my new little bunny girl, I've been having trouble bonding her and Sooty but things were very gradually improving, so I thought I'd take them both to my mum's to try bonding them at her house so that it was even more neutral...
Back