• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. catxx

Any Boyle's hutch owners out there?

I have a Boyle's shed which was easily dismantled into panels when we moved house as it's screwed together, not nailed.
  2. catxx

Rabbit lying with back legs outstretched (new owner)

He’s only been home a week haha! Pat’s new beau.
  3. catxx

Rabbit lying with back legs outstretched (new owner)

My Ted is also partial to a "sploof"
  4. catxx

I've acquired two new rabbits...

Yup, Panacur for pinworms, treat both!
  5. catxx

I've acquired two new rabbits...

Wow, what a traumatic experience for all! They've definitely landed on their paws now. When you go to the vets, get them scanned for a chip, would be interesting to know if they are Pets at Home rabbits. Evidence why some families are definitely NOT the right homes for animals.
  6. catxx

Pat got married, so excited

So after poor Bob had to be put to sleep, my little old lady was all alone, bored and obviously missing a furry cuddle bunny. So she's now being bonded and it's looking fabulous! They met on Saturday and seem smitten. She will be coming home with her toy boy on Friday if everything continues to...
  7. catxx

Possible Playhouse conversion idea

Spotted this on Dunelm's website, "Basil Multiplay Playhouse", footprint is roughly 8ft x 4ft so would need an additional run (maybe a Runaround) and the addition of mesh and a little trapdoor from the shed bit into the covered run. Still bigger than the average hutch. It's not the cheapest at...
  8. catxx

Bob - 2006 to 2018

Thank you so much everyone xxx
  9. catxx

Bob - 2006 to 2018

Had my dear little Bob put to sleep on Tuesday. Been too emosh to post before now. He had been suffering from an inoperable soft tissue sarcoma and stopped eating over the long weekend. He was a right little fighter. Now spoiling his sister Pat, rotten. :cry:
  10. catxx

Getting more fibre into a bun with dental issues

May try some of the Oat hay but he can be a bit hit and miss. He was interested in his Pure Pastures hay, the one with rose petals and plantain mixed in. He was also VERY pleased I got some more Fenugreek Crunchies. Got a blob of Fibreplex into him via a mint leaf but he's getting suspicious of...
  11. catxx

I have this if I'm really stuck, but he is a bun who puts up quite a physical and noisy fight when it comes to being syringed. He's on pain meds at the moment for the lump which I'm feeding to him via a blob on a mint leaf. Might pop some Fibreplex into him the same way!
  12. catxx

I have some more forage and hay coming today (including a hay with plantain in it which is a favourite), and some dried echinacea leaves which are meant to be good for the immune system which he would definitely like help with at the moment. Trouble is he does still like hay, but I think he's...
  13. catxx

Not interested in his hay :(

I would recommend a few different brands of hay - they like some more than others! Meadow hay, Timothy hay and Orchard grass are all fine to free feed. Then ditch the pellet bowl and hide his pellets in the hay instead. Encourage him to play with his food! To be on a pellet-free diet is quite...
  14. catxx

Thanks! We have lots of brambles at the end of the garden and they love them, will chop some tonight for him. Having to slice everything into strips for him or he struggles. Poor little mite!
  15. catxx

Further to this thread, Bob has been doing some pretty manky poops lately and I suspect because he's favouring easier to eat foods than hay as he's now missing all his molars on one side of his mouth. He's also gagged a couple of times when he's been eating veg a bit larger than usual, it's so...
  16. catxx

Poor old lumpy Bob

SCIENCE. Love science.
  17. catxx

Poor old lumpy Bob

Thank you! He'll get extra treats this evening.
  18. catxx

Poor old lumpy Bob

Results are in for Bob. He has a "soft tissue sarcoma". That's a type of tumour but fortunately not the type to spread around the body to the organs, which was the biggest worry. Apparently a side effect of Loxicom is that it can reduce the size of this type of sarcoma, so going to try that for...
  19. catxx

Poor old lumpy Bob

Didn’t know! I found something I thought was a claw a few months ago, must have been a tooth and he’s swallowed the rest. Vet said no sign of redness or soreness inside the mouth, even though the swelling is impacting on one side, so that’s good at least.
  20. catxx

Poor old lumpy Bob

My poor old boy. Bob is 11 years old now and in the last 2 months has had a huge lump appear on one side of his face. I had hoped this was just an abscess, but antibiotics had little effect and we held our breath and sent him in to go under GA and have it lanced yesterday. It's not an abscess...
Back