• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Mrs. Bunnykins

I have a huge soft spot for REW's!!

Just as well that I am giving palliative care to Daffodil a beautiful little REW bunny I am fostering from a local animal rescue, as I have fallen in love with him and wouldn't want to be handing him back!!:love:
  2. Mrs. Bunnykins

Guess who's caring for an elderly bunny?

ME!!! Daffodil (Daffy), is a beautiful little red eyed white elderly fella. I am fostering him and giving him palliative care in his twilight years. He's fit and well but sadly he is getting very wibbly wobbly on his back end. He's on Metacam once a day, given loads of love and attention and...
  3. Mrs. Bunnykins

Not my bunnies, however..

I'm a regular helper at The New Arc animal rescue in Auchnagatt, Ellon and very fortunate to have an 'extended' furry family by way of the bunnies in residence. So there's Daffodil, Aster, Tilty, Clover and Bluebell, all adorable and I get to care for them on my visits. Such characters, and I...
  4. Mrs. Bunnykins

Dylan's Christmas gift for me!

I adopted Dylan from Windwhistle Warren in early 2017, he was 7 years old and had never been successfully bonded as both Alice (WW) and I agree in the fact that we think he may be slightly autistic as he just does not 'read' other bunnies behaviour correctly. Well it's now December 2018 and for...
  5. Mrs. Bunnykins

Rabbit and guinea pig rescue in North East Scotland?

Just wondering.. I'm just outside Ellon, about 16 miles north of Aberdeen.
  6. Mrs. Bunnykins

Spray away Daffodil!

Whilst cleaning out the bunnies at a local rescue, there is one in particular that I have fallen in love with. A beautiful red eyed white neutered male called Daffodil! It's been quite a while since I was last sprayed upon and consider it flattering now that this cheeky chap has chosen me as...
  7. Mrs. Bunnykins

Not a rabbit thread, but a hare!!

As some of you are aware, I help out two days a week at a local animal rescue nearby. The New Arc at Auchnagatt cares for both domestic and wild animals and what a fantastic job they do. It is run by a husband and wife and second in 'command' are a lovely young, totally animal bonkers couple...
  8. Mrs. Bunnykins

Happy to help in and around the Ellon, Aberdeenshire area!

Years of personal experience with rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters and numerous other sorts of animals as I used to run my own small animal care business. Claw clipping, bunny (guinea pig, dog, cat) sitting/visits, fur trims, help with syringe feeding, behavioural problems....I'd love to help if...
  9. Mrs. Bunnykins

Packing up the bunnies and guineas 'journey' bags!

Hay. Dry food. Dried herbs. Newpapers. Bin liners. Dustpan and brush. Water bottles and bowls. Toys. Treats. Fresh food to be added at last minute. Play panels. Cable ties. Scissors. Baby food in case they go off their food and need some encouragement. Syringes. Bottie wipes. Nail clippers...
  10. Mrs. Bunnykins

My re-introduction!

Hi, I'm Mrs. Bunnykins and haven't been very active on RU for quite a while due to life problems. Life is getting better and one of my aims is to start being part of RU once again. I've owned bunnies since 1995, and currently have only one bunny who is called Dylan. He's a nethie dwarf x blue...
  11. Mrs. Bunnykins

Awkward situation so advice needed please.

A lovely friend of mine had a kidney and pancreas transplant just before Christmas 2017, so I've been caring for her 11year old bunny in the meantime. Now because my friend has a compromised immune system she is very concerned about having her bunny back home, just in case bunny is a carrier of...
  12. Mrs. Bunnykins

How precious my furry family are to me!

They've always been there for me, made me laugh, made me cry, made me a tad bit angry and through all of that I would not change them for the world. You take animals out of my world and I have no world. No disrespect to anyone on here, however I bet many of you can relate to what I am rather...
  13. Mrs. Bunnykins

I'm a long term foster mum!

Just before Christmas 2017, a very dear bunny owning friend of mine had a kidney and pancreas transplant and I was asked to care for her beautiful bunny for a few weeks. Well, my friend is recovering remarkably well, however she is concerned about having her bunny back due to the possibility of...
  14. Mrs. Bunnykins

Poorly bunny in my bedroom.

Week three of giving intensive care to a friend's bunny who is suffering from EC. Her vets had wanted to put the bunny to sleep, and my friend hadn't got a clue what to do for the best. Well, in the past on separate occasions, I have managed to nurse two (EC) bunnies back to full health, so I...
  15. Mrs. Bunnykins

Home visits for rabbit and guinea pig care. Warwickshire/Worcestershire/Gloucs.

As many of you know, sadly Hoppy Holidays had to close at the end of August 2016 due to unfortunate circumstances. However I do offer a home visit service, advice on bonding, housing, will come and clips claws, do bottie tidy ups, help groom, even clean out accommodation if you the owner aren't...
  16. Mrs. Bunnykins

Been away for quite a while.

Lost touch, so would some of you like to share where you and your bunnies live...only county or country...and no, I am not going to bunny nap your furry family. Just wondering if anyone and their gang are nearby as it would be lovely to meet up and have 'rabbit' on!!! I'm in Warwickshire...
  17. Mrs. Bunnykins

Adele, one of the founding members of RU..

...and I lovely friend of mine has asked me to care for her bunnies whilst she has a short break. Oh my, absolute heaven...back to caring for bunnies, albeit for a short space of time...YIPPEE!!!
  18. Mrs. Bunnykins

A very frightened and traumatised bunny called Dylan.....

is going to be adopted by me. Long story short, more details on Windwhistle Warren's facebook page, but this little bunny needs to be a single bunny, in a quiet, loving , caring and understanding home. Everything on his terms, so I have been accepted to become his new mum. We can help each...
  19. Mrs. Bunnykins

The joy of caring for bunnies once again!!

A very dear friend of mine has been on holiday for a couple of weeks and left me in charge of her 10 bunnies, two chickens, one tortoise and her cat. I haven't had any bunnies to care for since Frankie was re-homed a couple of months ago, so these bunnies have had so much love and care lavished...
  20. Mrs. Bunnykins

Hoppy Holidays MAY re-open again!!! UPDATE 10.1.17

There is a slight possibility of this happening....but not in the Midlands. Up north, way up north in fact..... The Isle of Skye!!!! Many things still to be discussed and thought about however if I were to consider moving and re-opening Hoppy Holidays, my question is........would I get...
Back