• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. bunnykin

Dribbling bunny

I've noticed recently that my little bun Simba is sometimes dribbling from his mouth. His teeth were checked about 6 weeks ago by vet (just because I was at the vets) and she said they looked fine (though acknowledged she couldn't do a full dental exam unless he was anaesthetised). Over 18...
  2. bunnykin

Growing grass in winter

My bun absolutely loves his grass. I don't have a garden so grow it indoors on windowsill in summer. He's particularly enjoying it this summer and prefers it to his wet food dinner. I have to keep an eye on the grass as it gets mildewed and as soon as that starts I throw the grass away. I grow...
  3. bunnykin

Vibes for Simba

My little Simba is having an 'episode', as I've come to think of them. I don't know what causes them but I'm sure that once he's not feeling right he then feels worse out of anxiety that I'll pick him up and syringe things into his mouth. He hates being handled. I'm trying to avoid the vets...
  4. bunnykin

Zantac / Ranitidine

What does this actually do in rabbits? I know in humans it's used to treat heartburn/indigestion but is the same in rabbits or is it a gut motility agent or something else? Am wondering if when I give it it is soothing or does it do something else?
  5. bunnykin

Why does my rabbit stop eating?

Apologies for very long post. I’m hoping for advice about what might be wrong with my little bun Simba. Last July he had stasis, vets were useless. I read on here about Infacol & need for pain relief, so I requested (& got) pain relief & bought Infacol & I honestly could not believe it when...
  6. bunnykin

Another Metacam dosage question

My little Simba was prescribed Metacam. I was given a bottle described as a 0.5mg/ml oral suspension for cats. The vets label says give 2.5 cc twice daily if needed. The syringe that came with the bottle and fits on the bottle nozzle measures in kg weight of the "cat". I think Simba is about...
  7. bunnykin

Possible bladder problems

My little Simba is going in for an X-ray on Monday as he's still not well. He seems to strain sometimes when urinating. Now sometimes sits in tray for long period (this has not been his usual behaviour). Also sometimes refuses to eat and lies uncomfortably, again sometimes lies on floor next...
  8. bunnykin

Cerenia injection

I thought my rabbit got metaclopramide today at vets but have just checked my receipt and this is what's listed. I did quick Google and found something about motion sickness in dogs. Am feeling some alarm about this now as I know vet was in hurry when treating my bun and am worrying maybe picked...
  9. bunnykin

Hoping for advice on digestive problems

Concerned about my little bun. He is 6 & a half and has a history of gut stasis and wind. Happening again last couple of days. One minute seemingly fine then for hours goes off food. It started the night before last he would not eat overnight and so yesterday (Boxing Day) I syringed Zantac...
  10. bunnykin

Is there a truly rabbit-savvy vet in Wrexham?

Whenever I take my little bun to the vets I just get the impression that all they know are the basics. Does anyone on here know of a genuinely rabbit-savvy vet in the Wrexham area? Thanks.
  11. bunnykin

Licking Things

My bun is 4 years old and I've had him since March. He is neutered. In the last couple of days he seems to have started licking things and I haven't noticed him doing this before. I noticed him showing a lot of interest in my desk yesterday but thought he was just sniffing it very intently...
Back