• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. alio71

Group dinner time

Tea time in the bunny shed :D
  2. alio71

Beautiful Bonnie

Bonnie was feeling a bit under the weather this morning so came in for some extra snuggles and cuddles :love::love:
  3. alio71

Busy week of bonding

I've had 2 weeks of annual leave over Easter and have been very busy bonding. First up I did some bonding for a friend of mine. Here's Cogs and Rosie Then we had Amber, Abu and Lynx What time is Mummy coming, I want to show her my new friends :D Then finally at the rescue there have been...
  4. alio71

A bonding diary for anyone who is interested.

This is how I bond, it's not the only method but works for me. Today my foster bun is meeting his new potential wifey. Tegan has previously been bonded and is an outdoor bun, not overly keen on being picked up. Onyx is around 11 months and has been an indoor bun up until this point. He is...
  5. alio71

George the tortoise

Can't even begin to put into words how devastated I feel. George was one of the last imported tortoises to come into the country and came into my family when I was around 8 years old. I went to do your regular hibernation weigh in to keep an eye on you but you had gone into a forever sleep...
  6. alio71

The PTS bunny who was left behind :(

We thought all the pts buns were safe from their fate, however, I got a message from the lovely vet nurse who had saved them to say that one had been missed. I messaged my chum bunny mad vickie and told her she had a new foster coming her way and without hesitation she made space for him...
  7. alio71

Can't find what you want in rescue? Are you sure?

Here are the buns currently residing with me, some my own, some fosters looking for homes but everybun a rescue. :D Rory Easter Wilbur, Benjii and Scooby Princess Paw Paw Crackers, Herge, Arthur, Roger, Chad, Lizzie, Tabi and Aslan New Agouti giant foster boy (arrived late last night) New...
  8. alio71

Help with Head tilt advice after the inital stages

Rory contracted severe head tilt before just before Christmas. He has been treated with all the usual drugs metacam, panacur and baytril. He has been so badly affected I didn't think he would survive however, Rory has other ideas. He has managed to eat, drink and clean himself for the last few...
  9. alio71

PTS bunnies are here!!

Following on from this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?375023-PTS-rbbits-urgent-they-only-have-five-days-left all buns are now safe. My two fosters arrived this morning and they are rather bigger than anticipated but seem to be quite friendly boys if a tad confused. Well...
  10. alio71

Maisie and Martha

Sadly I lost both my beautiful girls in the last couple of days. Maisie during her neuter operation and Martha shortly after she got home. I rescued your mum from a local 'rescue' to me, I suspect she got pregnant there. When I met her she was in a 3ft hutch with an unneutered male crying...
  11. alio71

hurricanhoney

How are Max and Bumble getting along? Any new pics? :wave:
  12. alio71

Wilbur the 3 legged Honeybunny has arrived!!

Couldn't choose my favourite pic, this little guy has settled in so well and we really love him already :love::love::love:(sorry they are huge!!) And his soon to be room mates (subject to bonding :D) Scooby Rory Princess Paw Paw Blue Benji And lunch dates on the duvet :D
  13. alio71

Harley

Found that my little boy had passed away this evening. He was a special needs foster bun who had come to live out his days with us but I didn't think it would be so soon. Sadly missed by your foster mum and your wifebun. Sleep tight gorgeous one I'm glad you knew love :love: Many thanks to Jane...
  14. alio71

Rex Owners (bit of a grim pic added)

Am I just unlucky? Out of all my rabbits, I have 3 rexes, 2 of which are very aggressive and unpredictable. Am I missing something, not providing something? Anyone know where I am going wrong or am I just unlucky? Any pearls of wisdom would be great.
  15. alio71

Larry

We only had you for a few short months. A permanent foster for Jane Dexter you were a little bit special but oh so beautiful. In the time you were with us you joined another group of buns and enjoyed life with them. Benjii bun was washing the fur from your face when my daugher left for school...
  16. alio71

We have babies!!!!

Was asked to collect a rabbit from a 'rescue' as she was crying and whimpering and they didn't know what to do with her anymore. I knew the poor bun needed some help so picked her up last week. On Thursday clever Totty delivered 9 beautiful babies. Some look a little weak. So could I have some...
  17. alio71

TinTin

You came to live with me 2 years ago from Honeybunnies with your brother Herge. You were definitely the quieter of the two but such a stunning boy. We battled hard against some awful abcesses and won but this week you became poorly and it must have been your time. Sleep tight handsome boy me and...
  18. alio71

E. Cuniculi in a pregnant doe

Anyone any idea of the likely outcome for the babies? :cry:
  19. alio71

Grooming Cashmere fur

I have just taken in a bun with cashmere fur, she is the first one I have had and wasn't planned so I am playing catch up with research. I have been grooming her but my comb seems to stick too much for my liking. Can anyone guide me on the best sort of comb to keep her in tip top condition...
  20. alio71

RU meet Larry

This is my new long term foster bun Larry. He's had a tough life so far estimated to be around 6 years old. He has a few health issues so has come to spend the rest of his days here. Thanks to Jane Dexter for rescuing him and supporting him and I get the pleasure of his company and free up a...
Back