• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. T

Massive thanks From Sarah and Ralph

I am posting this on behalf of my niece Sarah and her late beloved rabbit Ralph. Your messages of support have really helped her, she wants me to pass on her thanks to everyone. Its nice to get support from people who really understand how much these little bundles of fur mean to us. She is...
  2. T

Goodbye Ralph

Just a short message to say goodbye to my dear nieces rabbit Ralph, she had only had him a month and loved him dearly. He went in for neutering this morning and died under the anaesthetic, we are all devastated, he was such a sweet little man. Hope he is happy at the Bridge.:cry:
  3. T

My new signature.... introducing George

Just made a new signature to include my latest family member George. He is a silver fox and is a rescue bunny from our local rescue. He has just been castrated and is settling in well. Murphy my dental bun is still ok, having his abscess cleaned and drained every day (for last six months). Also...
  4. T

Is Murphy on correct meds?

I have posted re vibes on general chat, but does anybody know correct meds for bunny with jaw abscess. He has been given oral metacam and baytril, and a gut stimulant. Should he be having penicillin type injection?? Got no experiance with abscesses, have read few articles but not sure about...
  5. T

Good wishes please for Murphy......Update post 14

Please could I ask for your good wishes and thoughts for Murphy my approx 7yr old choc lop rescue bun. he is has been at vets since Thurs with jaw abscess, he has had operation/baytril/metacam/gut stimulant and is having wound flushed/cleaned twice daily. He stopped eating and so they have kept...
  6. T

Another Sanctuary may close?

:cry:Just had a phone call, from a friend who works at our local animal sanctuary, asking me if thers any chance that I might be able to rehome another rabbit ( I have two from there) because it seems likely that they will close within a few months. They are trying to come up with a solution to...
  7. T

Finally did signature!!!! so proud

Hey!! finally managed signature, I know its not great, but took me ages and I am quite proud:roll::lol: Had more time to spend on RU this week, been off work, really enjoyed spending time on here and with my bunnies ( also with family of course ):oops:back to the grind on Monday:(
  8. T

Rabbit abused in back garden South Yorkshire

Not sure if anybody already aware of this, but thought it as well to let people know incase of further attacks. On our local radio yesterday and on local TV news, story of a rabbit that had been left in its hutch whilst owners were out, and when they came back the rabbits ears has been burnt...
  9. T

Stressful night, Tilly not well./UPDATE AND THANKS

Having a really bad night, Tilly is tummy pressing and stretching,tried to give her infacol. but she was too stressed and would'nt take it. She has had a couple of these episodes before. The first time, I took her straight to vets and by the time we got there (half hour journey) she was fine...
  10. T

Is it safe to let buns keep grazing same area of grass??

Just wondered is there any problems with rabbits grazing on the same area of grass over and over again. I am sure I read somewhere that it wasn't good to do this, but can't remember why. My buns are let out into a large run on most fine days, it only gets rested in winter, when they excercise...
  11. T

Good news for Murphy

Good news regarding my new rescue bunny, Murphy, the sanctuary have agreeed to me long term fostering him and to helping me with funding the dentals he will need, ( I didn't know he was a dental bunny when I took him on). He will have his first op next week, so hope all goes well, he really is a...
  12. T

update on Murphy

I joined as a new member, last weekend and promised I would give an update on my new rescue rabbit, Murphy. Turns out he is a dental bun, when he went for his myxi jab they discovered spurs on his back teeth, which of course could be cause of his sticky bottom problems, I also noticed he wasn't...
  13. T

Hi everyone,pleased to be new member

Hello, I have finally got round to registering.I have been reading the posts for months, with great interest, they have been such a source of help to me, with my rabbits, thanks to you all. I have three rabbits; Peter, who is three years old and was bought from P@H (you live and learn) for my...
Back