• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. BattleKat

Base of ear lump - waxy buildup suggested

About two weeks ago we spotted a fairly sizeable lump (maybe the length of a fingertip) at the base of Obi's ear. We took him to the vet where she said she thought it was waxy build-up and to wait and see what happened. He's not a lop but came to us 2-3 years ago with a VERY bad mite...
  2. BattleKat

Perfect house plant for bunny owners!

I bought a felt plant from this lady on etsy and thoroughly recommend them: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/urbanmyth72?ref=yr_purchases Obi eats house plants, real or plastic, so I've had to get rid of them all which makes me very sad. He doesn't pay any attention to this one :D
  3. BattleKat

Christmas bunnies please!

Can everyone show me their Christmas rabbit photos? :love:
  4. BattleKat

Bonding Obi & Martha!

Martha and Obi had their first real introductions yesterday! There were some squabbles I had to break up because they were really locking on to each other and claw fighting (mostly Obi on Martha) and Martha's dicky eye got really weepy but besides that it went pretty well. Obi was mostly just...
  5. BattleKat

Cecal dysbiosis made worse by hay only diet

Obi's been struggling with cecal dysbiosis for a long time now. He had coccidiosis which we treated for and he's now tested clear. Until now, he would occassional have small amounts of totally liquid poo (usually after a stressful event) and almost always had some very moist squishy poops in...
  6. BattleKat

Hay only diet for small spurs

My rabbit has developed small spurs on his teeth, likely due to feeding him too much commercial feed (oops), but they don't seem to be bothering him at all. For other reasons he's been switched on to a hay only diet but I'm hoping that will take care of the spurs. Does anyone have any idea how...
  7. BattleKat

Put to sleep or not

Hey guys, could do with a few opinions before I go in to my appointment tomorrow. Lola is ten. She has spondylosis along her whole spine which we've been managing well, most of her pain seems to be in her hip type area. She also has dental issues requiring dentals every 6 weeks ish which she...
  8. BattleKat

In and out of stasis

Lola went in to stasis on Thursday night and with some help started eating and producing poops again early Friday Morning. Over the course of Friday she got gradually worse and completely stopped eating and pooping again. Off we went to the vet. Friday evening she had been eating hay on and...
  9. BattleKat

Rabbit-proof phone charger

This is probably common knowledge in the bun community but did everyone know you can get metal braided USB cables?! I use this micro USB (android) for my webcam and it's incredible - so far it's survived an entire week of being accessible by my two!
  10. BattleKat

Rabbits and Christmas trees

Apologies for mentioning the C word so early but what does everyone do about house rabbits and Christmas trees? Lola and rambo were a dream in the house and never posed any problems but Obi is a complete terror and I can't imagine a Christmas tree surviving a month with him. Any pics or...
  11. BattleKat

Partial incontinence? Uti?

I'll try and keep this brief but some of it might be completely irrelevant. Obi was perfectly litter trained when we got him (10 weeks old) About a week before his neuter (I think) he started peeing outside of his tray and I hoped neutering would sort him out He's now 3 weeks post neuter and...
  12. BattleKat

Hair inside eyelid/tear duct area

Obi has been having some discomfort with his eyes causing him to scratch them. I thought he had a blocked tear duct which could be flushed during his neuter so I hadn't taken him to the vet for it until today (RHD2 vaccine and book neuter). The vet had a look and showed me that he had some hair...
  13. BattleKat

black rabbits & mistaken identity

OH woke me up this morning, half asleep himself, and said "I'm a bit worried about Lola, she hasn't moved all night. Every time I've opened my eyes she's just been lying on the landing and I'm not sure she's breathing. Can you check on her?" He was talking about a black jumper on the floor...
  14. BattleKat

Lola & 5 get a present from Twig and Nibble!

Twig and Nibble kindly donated one of these boxes for rabbit awareness week and lola and 5 were luckly enough to receive it yesterday! The box includes lots of different types of forage and the buns love it - Lola plunged her entire head in before settling on some flowers and 5 meticulously...
  15. BattleKat

Bonding Diary - Number 5 and Lola

Number 5 (name TBC) came home with us from small critter rescue yesterday, with the aim of being bonded to Lola when he's old enough. Lola is 10 but so full of beans you'd never guess. He refused to come out of his carrier (lots of leaning out and thinking about it) but he seemed quite...
  16. BattleKat

Bonding baby with spayed adult

I'm adopting a giant male from rescue on Sunday. He is 11 weeks and can't be neutered until 5/6 months (giants take longer to mature). My current rabbit is a medium sized female. Very easy going and loving and has never posed a problem in bonding before. That said, she has really come out of her...
  17. BattleKat

Adopting choices - to make a trio or pair.

I visited a rescue today and decided to adopt a pair of male giants from a litter of 10 week olds to bond with lola. They aren't yet neutered so won't be put together with her for several weeks but I'm planning to have them living along side each other so they can get familiar while they're...
  18. BattleKat

Suspected EC

Rambo is experiencing hind leg paralysis. sometimes it's total dragging and sometimes she does a couple of hops. I was wondering if anyone could help with treatment advice. My fab bunny vet has moved and the new one isn't brilliant so I'd like to get some extra thoughts from you wonderful...
  19. BattleKat

Absolutely gutted - let down re: new rabbit.

When Mack died I sent the woman I got him from a message to say if she was re-homing any giant bunnies in the future could she let me know. She messaged me back to say she would be happy for me to take an 11m/o giant she has who is blind in one eye but is the most friendly rabbit she's ever...
  20. BattleKat

Cloudy eye

This isn't a problem with one of my rabbits, so I'm unable to take the rabbit to a vet (at the moment) but does anyone have any idea if a cloudy eye is something which may cause pain or discomfort for a rabbit either now or in the future? Said rabbit was born like it.
Back