• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Blackberry & Co

Mr. Beau Brambles wonders if he needs a bit more hay for this cold snap?

Beau loves his hay! He has instructed us to make sure he is kept warm during the cold weather. IMG_3228 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr He has two wooden ox bedrooms - one is a large pine ottoman stuffed with straw and hay, the other, facing it, is a smaller box with a bit less hay inside as he...
  2. Blackberry & Co

Can bunnies eat Sorrel?

I've been trying to Google the answer, but there seem to be a lot of conflicting opinions. It's classed as an herb, or so a lot of places say, and plenty of places say all herbs apart from chives are safe for bunnies. One site I looked on had it listed on its 'poisonous' list but also on its...
  3. Blackberry & Co

VHD2 Vaccinations - How Much Did You Pay?

I took Lady Jane and Mr. Beau Brambles for their VHD2 vaccs today and got the shcok of my life when I was charged £141.04! I had forgotten to ask how much they would be when I booked them in, but thought it would be a round the £40 each mark. The invoice is itemised, and for each bunny it says...
  4. Blackberry & Co

Mr. Beau Brambles would like to know....

.....if red cabbage is ok for him to eat? I have a limited knowledge of veg that's good / safe for bunnies as I most feed forage, but he has such a healthy appetite I'm going to have to introduce a bit more veg to keep him satisfied :)
  5. Blackberry & Co

Good Veg for rabbits?

My bunnies have always had loads of forgage food, hay, and just a wee bit of apple, carrot, green cabbage and curly kale to top it up. Now I have Mr. Beau Brambles - and I can't keep up with his appetite :lol: I won't have enough dried forage for over winter, and it's being eaten before can dry...
  6. Blackberry & Co

Bean Leaves!

The bunnies adore runner bean leaves and stalks, and have been eating them for years (never feed the actual beans though!), and the guinea pigs used to love them too. This year I also have some French bean plants - the leaves look pretty much the same, but just wondered if anyone knows if all...
  7. Blackberry & Co

Introducing Mr. Beau Brambles! (pic heavy)

Sadly I lost little Clover back in March (the third of my four nethie boys to pass due to tooth problems) - leaving Buttercup in the summerhouse (which is divided into two set ups) on his own. He was doing ok, but needed at least to have a neighbour for company, and then a few weeks ago my vets...
  8. Blackberry & Co

Is Goat's Willow a bunny safe tree?

I'm assuming it is as it's a willow, but wanted to double check! Have got a big Goat's Willow in our garden, and if it's safe I'd like to give some to the buns :)
  9. Blackberry & Co

Looks like The Bunny Box is back in action - please read if you are tempted to buy!

Looks like The Bunny Box is back in action - same name, same service etc. Just a warning to anyone who thinks it looks tempting - DON'T PAY AS FRIENDS AND FAMILY IF YOU ORDER. Last time the person running it made people pay that way, and when they either sent our rubbish or sent nothing at all...
  10. Blackberry & Co

I need to hear some positive bonding stories! UD bonding in progress Questions!

I'm going to take the plunge and try putting Butters and Clo together - both boys are on their own now, and I'd love them to be able to snuggle each other. I often see stories of troublesome bonding, and it's natural that there's more of those type stories around as that's when people are...
  11. Blackberry & Co

Dandelion (Dandy Doodle Bug) August 2009 - March 2015

Sadly I had to say goodbye to Dandelion on 27th March 2015. He had been through a major dental operation, and seemed to be recovering well, but his gums, which had had teeth growing sideways out of them, had such big holes that they just couldn't heal, and infection set in. I will miss my brave...
  12. Blackberry & Co

Dandelion had major dental surgery (no gory pics!)

Dandelion has been having toothy problems since November. After 5 years of managing to keep his teeth reasonably good, the spurs suddenly went mad! He had a dental in November, where a cracked tooth was found. Since then his teeth have all been growing wonkier and wonkier :( Last Monday he went...
  13. Blackberry & Co

Dandelion's had most of his teeth out - what do I feed a Gummy Bunny???

Poor Dandelion's teeth were a real mess - 5 years of no problems, then one cracked tooth last November led to all sorts of problems. He had a dental yesterday that was just going to be for burring his molars and removing some spurs. He's ended up with just 2 back teeth left and his incisors...
  14. Blackberry & Co

4 years since I lost wee Blackberry

I still miss the little monkey. He was incredibly nosey, and completely bonkers! Even the vet said he was hyperactive :lol: His poem, written just after he passed. Pawprints S. L. Thornton 2011 There’s a row of tiny paw prints Leading to the Rainbow Bridge And it breaks my heart to...
  15. Blackberry & Co

Crabapple Cove Part 2

Following on from this thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?432416-Welcome-to-Crab-Apple-Cove-The-Boys-New-House!-LOTS-of-pictures-More-P34 here's the latest progress at Crabapple Cove :) The aviary panels are up, just got a bit more work to do on them, and some tunnels etc...
  16. Blackberry & Co

Incredibly cute bunny video!

This is a wee video clip of Dandelion having a syringe feed. He's had tooth problems lately, and had lost weight. Clover has always been a quicker eater, and Dan won't eat out of his house, but if I syringe him some fruit/veg puree he loves it (and Clo thinks it's drugs i n the syringe so stays...
  17. Blackberry & Co

Two Cheeky Bunnies.....

Dandelion and Clover begging for treats :lol:
  18. Blackberry & Co

Welcome to 'Crab Apple Cove' - The Boys New House! LOTS of pictures....More P34

I haven't actually painted the shed sign for it yet, but it will have the name sign up when the outside of the shed has been fully painted (when the rain stops!) Here's the garden before the building started: Clearing and preparation: Rain stopped play with the...
  19. Blackberry & Co

Recommendations for aviary panel suppliers

I'm re-doing The Boys housing, and after a reliable supplier of aviary panels. Can anyone recommend anyone? There's loads to wade through on ebay, but if anyone has personal recommendations for any suppliers I'd appreciate it :)
  20. Blackberry & Co

Bladder Sludge - advice needed please.

Lady Jane gets episode of sludgy wee about every 4 weeks. Usually it passes within a few hours, occasionally it lasts longer. The wee is chalky, and when dry is very dry/dusty. I try and keep her on a lower calcium diet, and well hydrated. What else can I do to help her? She's having one of...
Back