• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. C

Soft Tissue Stage 2 Sarcoma :-(

Hi everyone I wanted to ask advice, our little boy Archie is 8 years old now. he has been with us for 5 years and is loved very much by his two wifeybuns. Unfortunately they each spend half a day each with him as they fight - long story but basically he is very important in their lives. So we...
  2. C

Puppy pens (found pvc coated mesh panels instead.....yeah!)

Hi Thinking of useing the puppy pens to make a hutch and use the pen instead of mesh. Anyone use these? I'm concerned about the size gaps. I will contact them but wondered if anyone used them already. It would be outdoors...
  3. C

Tulip buds eaten! ;-( will they regrow?

Hi everyone Note sure if I should be putting this question in general chat or diet. I planted some tuli bulbs in some pots before christmas ready for spring...with the weather being so mild they are all budding...and my bunnies have eaten some of the buds! What I want to know is are the...
  4. C

Flea's...again and cost of consultations :-(

Hi All I had to treat the buns with flea's...used Advantage (small weight one) 1 pipette per week for three weeks and also sprayed the house & hutches etc with Indorex. it worked...but now we found two more fleas which looked half dead and Ive got bites so they back. Spoke to the vets who...
  5. C

changed title - Inorex treatment queires...(will contact manufactuer.-ask here still)

So annoyingly Ive found 4 fleas! yes four! That means if they lay 20,000 eggs each then I could have 80,000 fleas!!! :shock: So called the vets to check the correct stuff to buy and didnt check the price of advantage but they suggested Indorex House spray to do all the rroms they free range...
  6. C

Gone seed crazy & ordered from Galens garden seeds for growing indoors :-)

As above,,,just ordered Cocksfoot Grass seed (Orchard Grass) Italian Rye grass seed Oat grass seed Barley grass seed Alfalfa grass seed Fenugreek seed wahooo...going to set up lots of containers & plant the seeds then put a grid over the top so the bunnies can only eat down abit & not to the...
  7. C

Building Rabbit houses...advice on suppilers please :-)

Hi everyone, OK - so we are planing to build a new rabbit housing area...we currently have a double hutch combo thats joined that has access indoors all day and evening and this houses two bunnies. There used to be a run attached to this setup but the run now houses one bunny. I have two does...
  8. C

Ash Tree fine to feed?

hey all, so Ive got an ash tree and obviously the bunnies have been chomping on the fallen leaves for years....and Ive just realised that its fine to actually feed as a foraged plant....anyone know how much is ok? the branches to gnaw on too? and the seeds? Ive never purposefully fed it...
  9. C

growing my own Ribwort plantain...indoors now? :-/ Calling expert gardeners

hi all, just purchased some ribwort plantain seeds as Im finding the plantain around me is gone or trampled...by dogs people etc....so you supposed to sow them in march and then plant out blah blah...lol....do you think i could grow some indoors? Would it actually grow or am i wasting my time...
  10. C

hedgehog fleas and rabbits.. (&people)

Hi I've rescued 3 little hoglets from a late litter...all wondering about my garden....I've got them indoors to help them gain weight...but theyve got fleas....I found one near archie my rabbit on the kitchen floor and it wouldn't die so I put it in some hibiscrub. I just had some therem..it...
  11. C

Looking for a run OR to have one built.....where do I find one or someone?

Hi everyone, Ive met a lady who was given my name as she had a stray rabbit in her garden that after a couplle weeks no one claimed. Its a gorgeous little buck which she has since got neutered and vaccinated. She has just bought a hutch with a tiny run underneath..its way too small.. .so she...
  12. C

baytril dosage query - now about anal glands abcess advice & treatment

Hi all Apologies if this questions been asked. Archie has what is a burst abcess ..one small one in his anal glands and another big burst one on the side of the anal gland next to his penis. :-( we've cleaned it using hibiscrub...and the vets gave a pain relief ...think metacam injection and...
  13. C

Flea's - advantage the thing to use? vets suggested Xeno 450???

Hi all.:wave: Ok so I religiously give my buns a body check over most days whilst handling them...but last night was snuggled into Archie with my head. Went to the loo and felt something odd on my face and looked in the mirror and Im sure it was a flea cause it jumped about. :shock::? The buns...
  14. C

Superglue on wound question - need to know before vets app. at 4pm today :-) please

HI all, Not been on here a while - hope every ones ok... Ive started rebonding my trio - wahooooooooooo....its been happening since thursday last week - they seem to geton most of the time but the girls are still abit edgy...some grooming going on between them which has been great and I was...
  15. C

Bunny gets increased breathing...clues on what this could mean?

A friend has a bunny who is about3/4 years old and got stasis from what I can tell the toher day - vet treated, pain relief...probiotics given. But he appears to have rather increased breathing now & then. He seems still quite happy but his breathing seems to be fast now & then. Any ideas of...
  16. C

who do I need to pass on gumtree adverts to please?

as above:wave:
  17. C

Link to HOUSING - make your own run-around system! ;-)

Hi all - hope you dont mind me kinking this - but its such a great video on how to make your own galvanised rabbit run-around...so though it was really worth making sure no one missed it! Hope its useful to someone! :wave...
  18. C

Youtube clip on how to make your own HOMEmade galvanised steel run-around for bunny!

Hey all, I found this video really useful - its takes you through from what products to use, how to do it and has pics & video too. The only thing I would perhaps change would be the size of the galvanised steel squares..I would get a smaller size for my buns & also to avoid fox noses etc..you...
  19. C

Creative Bunny & Guinea-Pig homes...

I love these....too beautiful! :love:The Guineas hopefully have an outdoor grassy area too....
  20. C

RSPCA chap called at my door asking for donations...and......

Asked me what was my favourite animal...cats or dogs?:D I ummmed and aahed and said..well I have rabbits. Chatted abit and I explained I would not be able to donate money each month...when Archie came hopping to the front door and turned and jumped and ran back:lol: The guys was like hey! Can...
Back